A few thoughts not mentioned yet (Music City Miracle Part 2, Allen, Smiley, etc)

Einstein

Some very nice points!

I'm hoping Smiley is gone after the year. STs has been brutal from the opening game. Even guys that in the past have done well like Neal are making mistakes. They did point out one issue on the put team being Hamlin as the personal protector instead of Rapp because Rapp has been starting non defense. There could be one issue.

I think after the season we will catch wind that Diggs was playing the last 6-8 weeks with a fairly significant injury. He hasn't looked the same. As the season goes on he seems to get less and less effective. There's something definitely to it and it's not attitude related. 

• Agree 6

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

In the MCM, our players were 20 yards closer to Dyson and we STILL couldn't catch him. I think you underestimate how difficult it is to catch up to a guy 40+ yards away, even running on a diagonal, when they have blockers.

I get that you find it preposterous that Benford would miss a tackle while being pushed sideways by a blocker, but that's common. I fully expect McD to look at the tape and say "this was not good" and fix it. Despite you and Goatski attempts to pretend that all went according to plan.

If the Chargers player could've made that play, he would've. If it was such a clear path, he would've taken it. The fact is that it wasn't. Your little screenshot doesn't show squat.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

What blocker the one he's about to leave behind him in a cloud of dust?

Neal had a FAR better shot at the runner than Benford (coming from the other side). In fact, I think Neal saved the play. He read the cross-field lateral and moved over. He made the runner second guess the path and essentially blew up the play.

Overall, in the MCM, we were in much better position to make a tackle than we were last night. Look at all these Bills players who had the angle on Dyson...

angle.jpg

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

If the Chargers player could've made that play, he would've. If it was such a clear path, he would've taken it. The fact is that it wasn't. Your little screenshot doesn't show squat.

This logic is essentially "players never make mistakes". I don’t agree with that.

I'm done arguing this though. You can have the last word.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

what are you talking about? The media love Allen. 

I think he’s talking about the turnover narrative…there’s a lot of nuance to turnover stats that get lost when you just look at a total number imo but the media makes it sound like he is killing the team based on the totals..feels like a big chunk of his turnovers this year have been arm punts/deep throws.  The muffed punt last night hurt a lot more than 90% of Joshs interceptions 

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And the myth has nothing to do with a coaches facial expressions and sideline demeanor…..yet you decided to use them as your evidence 🤣  keep it up!Pop Corn GIF by WWE

his zero apparent energy was symbolic of the myth you are pushing.  

You can sit on Santa’s lap at the mall—but the alcohol on his breath should make it clear he’s a myth as well…

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think after the season we will catch wind that Diggs was playing the last 6-8 weeks with a fairly significant injury. He hasn't looked the same. As the season goes on he seems to get less and less effective. There's something definitely to it and it's not attitude related. 

I'm thinking the same.

Diggs has some injury we don't know about. Because this injury hasn't compromised his game ability, they arent obligated to report it.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Neal had a FAR better shot at the runner than Benford (coming from the other side).

In the MCM, we were in much better position to make a tackle than we were last night. Look at all these Bills players who had the angle on Dyson...

angle.jpg

This logic is something. It is essentially "players never make mistakes". 

I'm done arguing this though. You two can have the last word.

That screenshot proves my point of how different these plays are. In that MCM shot, there are zero Bills disrupting that play the way Benford is seen disrupting the Chargers play. Your two screenshots of these plays effectively negate your point.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

Neal had a FAR better shot at the runner than Benford (coming from the other side).

In the MCM, we were in much better position to make a tackle than we were last night. Look at all these Bills players who had the angle on Dyson...

angle.jpg

IMG-5666.jpg

So as you can't obviously see the difference in MCM the Bills are chasing, in this he literally has to get past two Bills who are coming off of blocks.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think he’s talking about the turnover narrative…there’s a lot of nuance to turnover stats that get lost when you just look at a total number imo but the media makes it sound like he is killing the team based on the totals..feels like a big chunk of his turnovers this year have been arm punts/deep throws.  The muffed punt last night hurt a lot more than 90% of Joshs interceptions 

Maybe but they also mention his touchdowns this year. Even mentioning the turnovers, he states the media hate Allen. It's just not true.

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

angle.jpg

Def not trying to call anyone wrong overall just speculating on what the chargers dude was thinking.  He was still about 15-20 yards off from hitting that hole and guys were already engaging on their blocks…he was probably thinking they wouldn’t hold up and wanted to keep his lateral options open 

in the mcm play they had blockers out in front with full head of steam 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Def not trying to call anyone wrong overall just speculating on what the chargers dude was thinking.  He was still about 15-20 yards off from hitting that hole and guys were already engaging on their blocks…he was probably thinking they wouldn’t hold up and wanted to keep his lateral options open 

That's probably exactly what he was thinking. He made the wrong choice. He had a much better chance just hitting the hole and trusting himself to make 1 guy miss. These lateral plays are all about making guys miss. Watch Neal on the reverse angle though. I don't know why those other 2 are talking Benford. Neal is who blew the play up. He made the runner hesitate because he read the lateral quickly and moved cross field. 

Edited by Einstein

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That's probably exactly what he was thinking. He made the wrong choice. He had a much better chance just hitting the hole and trusting himself to make 1 guy miss. These lateral plays are all about making guys miss. Watch Neal on the reverse angle though. I don't know why those other 2 are talking Benford. Neal is who blew the play up. He made the runner hesitate because he read the lateral quickly and moved cross field. 

I did LOL at the thought that the Bills were "chasing" Dyson... when a third of the Bills team was AHEAD of Dyson.

Go to that other thread with the video and just pause it at 13 seconds. Watch Benford. Don't just pound your head against the wall in defense of a static screenshot. You're clearly wrong.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I'm thinking the same.

Diggs has some injury we don't know about. Because this injury hasn't compromised his game ability, they arent obligated to report it.

Something definitely been up with Diggs.  It's not that he is checked out either because his body language doesn't support that.  He takes himself out of the game often.  He also got hurt again this game.  Something in his neck and ankle.  They showed him on the sideline getting his neck checked out and rubbed.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

what about that guy spoke "energy" to you?

Huh? Has nothing to do with the coaches exterior energy you may or may not have observed.  It’s about the players having and playing with renewed energy from having a new coach.  Nobody is talking about the coaches sideline demeanor but you lol.  

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Neal had a FAR better shot at the runner than Benford (coming from the other side). In fact, I think Neal saved the play. He read the cross-field lateral and moved over. He made the runner second guess the path and essentially blew up the play.

Overall, in the MCM, we were in much better position to make a tackle than we were last night. Look at all these Bills players who had the angle on Dyson...

angle.jpg

So also to be clear your response to me saying there was an unblocked Bills defender in his way is to say that there was yet another Bills player who had an even better angle to make a play.

🤔

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Saw people break down that still on twitter Benford 47 is already past his block and a bunch of other reasons why this isn't actually a thing. Not to mention he's on his own 20 and the clock is at 0 so he has to get in there are no FGs.

Collinsworth made it sound more dangerous than it was.  

A few frames later, more Bills were in over there, and as you mentioned, benford was pretty much free and clear and has the sideline

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

- In 2014, we were 8-6 and fighting for our playoff life when we flew to the Oakland, confident in a victory. Oakland also had an interim coach. We lost to that 2-12 Raider team. This time, we won and we should all be celebrating (bUt It WaS lUcKy 🙄).

- Saw this from OptaSTATS: “There have been 130 instances in NFL history of a team having 5 or more 20-point wins in a season. There have been 69 instances of a team having 10 or more games decided by 6 points or fewer. The 2023 Bills are the only ones to do both.”

- I don’t know what the refs were on last night, but they certainly seemed to be more keyed in on the Bills than the Chargers. The Morse holding call happens on nearly every NFL play. Extremely minor.

- Josh Allen threw this, while jumping, and falling backwards, chased by numerous defenders, off his back foot, from the 41 to the 13. This is insane arm strength. Almost incomprehensible. No one else except Mahomes has any chance at this throw.

IMG-5667.jpg

Neal's observation of this play saved us. He read the cross-field pass and made the runner hesitate.

- We need to work on our end-of-game lateral defense. It was tough watching our defense lunging at the ball carrier before they lateraled it on the final play. And my goodness, if the Chargers player in the photo below had half a brain, it could have been a Music City Miracle situation. There were SEVEN chargers on one side of the field and only TWO Bills defenders. “13 seconds” was horrible. Imagine if we added “1 second” to the list. We need to get better at this.

IMG-5666.jpg

- Is Matthew Smiley gone after this season? Numerous penalties on punt/kick returns, poor returns, we have almost had punts blocked several times, etc.

- The Dolphins haven’t beaten a team over .500 in over 450 days. I think that may end today, just because the Cowboys are overrated. But I think they lose to Baltimore next win and the Bills take the division the week after.

- Diggs only played 60% of the snaps last night. Something is up with him that the team is not telling us.

- Don’t forget to cancel your Peacock subscription.

One rumor I heard was that he had the flu.  Believe Cook was out earlier in the week for illness, supposedly was going around team??  No idea on how true this is, just passing on something I heard.

I will say one thing, I think the Chargers seemed to have had the benefit of a home town clock operator.  The fact that at the end the kickoff only took 4 seconds and then the incomplete pass still had a second left, seemed like someone with fast fingers operating the clock.

1 hour ago, Hsker4life said:

Add me to the camp that thinks there is a bit too much drama about “how close” the chargers were on that last gasp attempt. Bills had more deep than the stills ITT show. Benford beat his block. And Cam Lewis had the angle even though he isn’t in the stills.

Thank you!

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure how @Einsteinexpects them to "fix" that successful play. Do you want them to all "stay in their lanes"? This isn't a kick off.

The Bills had 3 guys with the right angle on the runner and/or beating their blocks. Benford directly in front of the runner forcing him back inside to Neal(?) And then Cam further back.... I mean, how can you claim the Bills didn't play that correctly? Are the rest of the defenders not supposed to pursue the ball and just stay put? If they did that, Easton Stick would've had a "clear lane" and you'd be complaining about that too.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

- In 2014, we were 8-6 and fighting for our playoff life when we flew to the Oakland, confident in a victory. Oakland also had an interim coach. We lost to that 2-12 Raider team. This time, we won and we should all be celebrating (bUt It WaS lUcKy 🙄).

- Saw this from OptaSTATS: “There have been 130 instances in NFL history of a team having 5 or more 20-point wins in a season. There have been 69 instances of a team having 10 or more games decided by 6 points or fewer. The 2023 Bills are the only ones to do both.”

- I don’t know what the refs were on last night, but they certainly seemed to be more keyed in on the Bills than the Chargers. The Morse holding call happens on nearly every NFL play. Extremely minor.

- Josh Allen threw this, while jumping, and falling backwards, chased by numerous defenders, off his back foot, from the 41 to the 13. This is insane arm strength. Almost incomprehensible. No one else except Mahomes has any chance at this throw.

IMG-5667.jpg

Neal's observation of this play saved us. He read the cross-field pass and made the runner hesitate.

On your last comment I believe you are referring to #39 Cam Lewis who came across to take the cutback option by WR who caught the throwback lateral.  

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

his zero apparent energy was symbolic of the myth you are pushing.  

You can sit on Santa’s lap at the mall—but the alcohol on his breath should make it clear he’s a myth as well…

The myth “I’m” “pushing”…… lol no.  I was simply informing you that a coaches facial expressions and demeanor has nothing to do with the topic at hand.  

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh? Has nothing to do with the coaches exterior energy you may or may not have observed.  It’s about the players having and playing with renewed energy from having a new coach.  Nobody is talking about the coaches sideline demeanor but you lol.  

see above 

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The myth “I’m” “pushing”…… lol no.  I was simply informing you that a coaches facial expressions and demeanor has nothing to do with the topic at hand.  

the topic at hand is the myth…

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

see above 

the topic at hand is the myth…

Then maybe you should have started with that instead of your little poo poo comments about his facial expression. It suggests you have no clue what you’re talking about.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Dude, he has to go 80 yards. The Bills had a ton of guys deep. This snapshot analysis is way too dramatic.

Exactly. Let's see the whole field and where everyone is playing deep. I know at one point they showed several players deep. In fact the play that was all the way deep on the left, stayed in his area but was communicating that ball was about to lateraled across the field. 

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

Gonna have to disagree here.

The idea that we played this right, when the Chargers had 7 blockers against 2 Bills players, just because Benford was almost past his block and maybe had the opportunity to maybe make the tackle, is wrong in opinion.

If he misses that tackle, who is stopping him from scoring a TD? No need for a FG obviously.

Here is the part I think you’re referencing:

IMG-5669.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Gonna have to disagree here.

The idea that we played this right, when the Chargers had 7 blockers against 2 Bills players, just because Benford was almost past his block and maybe had the opportunity to maybe make the tackle, is wrong in opinion.

If he misses that tackle, who is stopping him from scoring a TD? No need for a FG obviously.

Here is the part I think you’re referencing:

IMG-5669.jpg

Cam Lewis #39 was bearing down on him, that's why he changed his route

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, chongli said:

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Cam Lewis #39 was bearing down on him, that's why he changed his route

Tell me you didn’t actually read what I wrote without telling me…

IMG-5693.jpg

Edited by Einstein
  • Eyeroll 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.