Josh Allen Needs Way More Pass Attempts

BillsFan130

17 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

We're 4-1 in the Joe Brady era and the offense was excellent in the one loss.  Let the man do his thing.  Biggest thing right now is that the OL looks excellent in run protection and poor in pass protection.  Josh will still get his opportunities to win games with his arm when it counts.  He did that today.

Great observation. 

5 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

More pass attempts, sure. But I need Josh not to underthrow for the pick & take the boneheaded sack on the 4 yd line instead of throw the ball away.

I think the O-line struggling played into the amount of running possibly.

he had no chance to throw the ball away...that was a recipe for grounding or a fumble if he tried to throw it away...he made sure to not be in the endzone and allowed the team to live to another play...the defense came through. 

the underthrow is because he was forced out of the pocket and off his spot.  If he had a clean pocket that is a td.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That play Allen made to Shakir while being blitzed was incredible. It won the game. Not many QB’s in history get that ball off.

100 percent agreed. Which goes back to

my original point, it's almost criminal they only gave Josh like 21 pass attempts to make special plays like this 

The TOP got lopsided in this game because of the turnovers and good LA defense at the beginning of the game.

Diggs has been out of rhythm, and Kincaid has completely disappeared as well. We’re 15/17 games through, wondering if this is what the Bills envisioned for him? A dump off option that is capped to <10 yard passes. 

There isn’t many passing plays (especially over the middle) that are clean and just gain reliable yardage.

Allen bailed the pocket early a couple of times tonight. 

24 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I think it was fine.  The chargers are bigger up font than dallas and they were getting pressure and causing allen to move off his spot repeatedly.   He still managed to make that great throw to shakir on the third down with three guys after him.

throwing the ball 20 to 25 times a game is the perfect mix.  Had he had time to setup he would have had diggs for a td and he would have had one of those big number days.  They don't matter anymore.

The QB's job as John Elway always said was to make plays on 3rd down and in the redzone.  Josh continually does that.  The formula is perfect right now.  We just need Diggs to hit a few big plays.

Great point about what Elway said.  That’s why Guys like Derek Carr suck.  They choke in big moments and take sacks, throw picks and miss key throws when it matters. Josh is a beast.  The throw to Shakir on the final drive was awesome.  

Winning when -3 in TO’s on the road is huge.  Also the two penalties in a row on Brown and Morse were awful.  That was like a 4th TO. 

The defense stepped up when it had to.  And only allowed 1 TD.

We are 9-6.  If we can get rid of the turnovers, we will be very tough to beat the rest of the season. 

And does anything think Von Miller makes a play the rest of the season?  He is rushing like he is 55 years old.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

We are finding ways to win but I don't think we are getting to the Superbowl with diggs having 30 yards, kincaid 1 catch, Josh 1 passing TD etc ..

Need to get the passing game going. It looked bad for most of the game today. 

Agreed. Since Knox has been back , Kincaid has disappeared. I don't like that at all and Brady needs to fix that 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Was Kincaid ever really a difference maker at any point this year? 

He has been at times.

But they seem to get away from him.

Like he had a few big first half's against the jets/eagles/tampa, and then they don't target him much in the 2nd half 

-3 Turnovers, and that 1 series with all the penalties, basically -4 in turnovers.  Hard to get the pass going when you're coughing it up, Josh included.  I still have no idea why he attempted that throw with an easy 4-5 yards right in front of him.  Just keep the sticks moving bro!  It's like they took the lead, and Josh said, you know what, lets attempt some high risk *****!

8 minutes ago, bouds said:

-3 Turnovers, and that 1 series with all the penalties, basically -4 in turnovers.  Hard to get the pass going when you're coughing it up, Josh included.  I still have no idea why he attempted that throw with an easy 4-5 yards right in front of him.  Just keep the sticks moving bro!  It's like they took the lead, and Josh said, you know what, let's attempt some high risk *****!

All fair points.

I just still think the pass/run ratio should have been a little more lopsided

36 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That play Allen made to Shakir while being blitzed was incredible. It won the game. Not many QB’s in history get that ball off.

I don't know what other quarterback besides maybe Brett favre has ever made that throw

Totally Ludacris and the replay doesn't even give it justice

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

I think it was mostly turnovers that cost us here and one drive stolen by the refs…that fumbled punt,cook fumble, and back to back penalties on the oline nonsense cost us three drives 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't know what other quarterback besides maybe Brett favre has ever made that throw

Totally Ludacris and the replay doesn't even give it justice

This board takes plays like that for granted on a regular basis..  he missed a backpedaling flat footed throw earlier to an open guy and everyone grumbled but he more than redeemed himself with this one 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Was Kincaid ever really a difference maker at any point this year? 

That's a very fair point.  I think Kincaid has not been utilized the right way for most of the year.  He has wheels and can get down the field.  And we have not thrown much to him vertically.  He has not been nearly the impact guy he was at Utah.  And compared to Sam LaPorta he has not matched up.  I like his game.  But I think an offseason in the weight room will help him be a more physical player that is needed as a TE in the NFL.  

Didn’t like how the offense looked from the very first lateral pass to Diggs. Get rid of that FN playcall to Diggs. We went 50/50 run to pass against a putrid pass defense. This should have been a great game to get the passing game healthy. 

Turnovers and penalties were beyond ridiculous and you can’t beat good teams when you play that bad.

Josh didn’t have a good game tonight IMO. He missed two huge plays tonight. The INT to Diggs should have been a TD if Josh leads Diggs. He also had Davis for a huge gain in the first quarter but didn’t plant his feet and made a horrible pass. Lastly he seemed reluctant to take the quick and easy throws. 

I also wish Brady would call some plays rolling Josh out which puts pressure on the D to play the pass or come up and stop the run! Play to Josh’s strengths!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.