Josh Allen Needs Way More Pass Attempts

BillsFan130

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't disagree. It has always been the case with Josh. He wants the ball in his hands and plays best when it is a lot. That is what the "Josh centric" crowd miss. Josh is at his best and most dialled in when it is Josh centric.

The issue tonight though was just didn't have that many plays. We got dominated TOP because of the turnovers.

Well said. Agreed

2 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

That's fine, but Knox isn't getting the passes either. If Knox was catching 8 balls a game no one would say anything but he isn't. 

That’s fair…

They are going to need somebody to step up….

I have no confidence in anybody after the last couple of weeks,,,

Gabe was good today… but likely to have zero catches in the next three games 

I think it was fine.  The chargers are bigger up font than dallas and they were getting pressure and causing allen to move off his spot repeatedly.   He still managed to make that great throw to shakir on the third down with three guys after him.

throwing the ball 20 to 25 times a game is the perfect mix.  Had he had time to setup he would have had diggs for a td and he would have had one of those big number days.  They don't matter anymore.

The QB's job as John Elway always said was to make plays on 3rd down and in the redzone.  Josh continually does that.  The formula is perfect right now.  We just need Diggs to hit a few big plays.

• Like (+1) 3

One way to throw more passes is to complete more passes.  Was it 0-3 on the first drive? Missing wide open guys on third down and throwing picks don’t help.  

playing well rewards itself with, more plays.

we played poorly all night, and that’s a big reason why we threw so few passes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Nelius said:

We went too far in our search for balance, which isn’t surprising with a first time coordinator. I need to see Josh get back to 300-4td before I’m comfy with Brady. If he can boomerang the offense back to that we might be sitting pretty 

Wasn’t he the Panthers OC for a couple years?

17 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I may get roasted for this so feel free too

Last week? Ok the run game went will so 15 passes was necessary.

But against one of the worst pass defences in the league and what, 21 passes or something tonight?

Not good enough in my opinion.

Josh Allen is a rhythm QB and he needs 30 plus throws a game.

Got the W so that's all that matters, but it's time to let Josh unleash a bit more in my opinion 

Dumb penalties also offset some big Allen throws too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

We're 4-1 in the Joe Brady era and the offense was excellent in the one loss.  Let the man do his thing.  Biggest thing right now is that the OL looks excellent in run protection and poor in pass protection.  Josh will still get his opportunities to win games with his arm when it counts.  He did that today.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I may get roasted for this so feel free too

Last week? Ok the run game went will so 15 passes was necessary.

But against one of the worst pass defences in the league and what, 21 passes or something tonight?

Not good enough in my opinion.

Josh Allen is a rhythm QB and he needs 30 plus throws a game.

Got the W so that's all that matters, but it's time to let Josh unleash a bit more in my opinion 

I definitely haven’t loved the passing game, but I think Brady needs an offseason to instal his philosophy. 

22 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Josh needed LESS pass attempts. When he's sucking the last thing you do is send him out there slinging it around trying to make things happen. That's how interceptions are born.

If Cook was having a bad game why not more Fournette and Murray?

He's a rhythm QB.

He needs 30 plus attempts a a game.

I still believe the reason he struggled tonight at times and even last week on his limited pass attempts, is because he operates much better with higher volume/spread offence. Basically what made him successful as an elite QB

Edited by BillsFan130

31 minutes ago, Nelius said:

We went too far in our search for balance, which isn’t surprising with a first time coordinator. I need to see Josh get back to 300-4td before I’m comfy with Brady. If he can boomerang the offense back to that we might be sitting pretty 

Shakir call doesn’t get reversed, Allen I think would have been at 250-275 total yards and 4 TD (total).  Awfully close.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.