Josh Allen Needs Way More Pass Attempts

BillsFan130

13 hours ago, peterpan said:

One way to throw more passes is to complete more passes.  Was it 0-3 on the first drive? Missing wide open guys on third down and throwing picks don’t help.  

playing well rewards itself with, more plays.

we played poorly all night, and that’s a big reason why we threw so few passes. 

Allen completed over 70% of his passes for more than 11 yards per attempt. He also didn’t start 0-3, the first possession he was 2/4. 

We threw so few passes because…we decided to run on 59% of offensive snaps. 

Obviously, when you’re running for 8 yards a pop on seemingly every play like we did against Dallas, you can’t argue with it. When you average 3.5 yards per rush and 11.3 yards per pass attempt, I have a HUGE problem with the run/pass ratio being 59/41. 

Our biggest advantage in every game is our QB vs the oppositions QB. When we decide of our own volition to not take advantage of that, it’s an issue.

36 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Add to the penalties, 3-0 on turnovers 52 to 65 on total plays, the ratio of runs to passes wasn't that bad.

The other concern I have is most of the year, Allen has been off a bit on many of his passes. The 1st pass of the game to Diggs was near his feet, he over threw Kincaid on one early, the int was under thrown.  Hasn't just been this game either.  Prior years you could count on 3rd and 20, Allen throwing a sideline connection where no one but the WR could catch it.  He's not making it easy for the guys to make the catches.  He still does make the amazing pass, but not as often as prior.

I made that same comment in the GDT. He seems off, and I suspect it is his shoulder— maybe changing his mechanics to overcompensate. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.