Bills @ Chargers post game thread

Fan in Chicago

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The O line penalties were brutal.  On that one drive after the Chargers had cut the lead to 21 - 16 the line had 2 bad penalties in a row that cancelled Allen throws for 1st downs.  Had we gone down and scored a TD that drive it would have likely been game over.

The Morse penalty did not look like a hold. But the one against Spencer Brown as inexcusable. He gets beat, again, and he leg-whips the guy. He's both mediocre and dirty. I don't need to hear how much he's improved either. Just watch how often Allen dodges the man Brown fails to block.

But the heck with Brown. I'm smiling thinking of Allen, Shakir, and Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bob Jones said:

Yes, but all the talk of "no one wants to face the Bills in the playoffs" is out the window now, right? Since, you know, they looked like garbage, and won by the skin of their teeth against an inferior opponent. 

The sad reality is that they came within inches of being "the same old Bills." The "they're hot and steamrolling into the playoffs" is just a pipe dream now. Likely one and done.

Bring on the blinders wearing homer thumbs downs and red Xs. LOL

I call it finding a way to win. For the 5th time this year, Josh goes right down the field so the team can get a lead in the last 2 minutes. We had three turnovers to their none, and gave up 13 points off of those turnovers.

The defense did their job after Josh took us down the field and Bass knocked one through. Ed Oliver had one of those "closer" moments getting a huge sack. I was just talking about this in another thread a couple of days ago, how I feel Ed and Floyd are our "closers" this year.

You can sit over there and be all mad eating your fruitcake. I'll be happy we're still in the hunt and control our own destiny. I don't care if we win ugly the rest of the year. Just win baby. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Really? I didn't see much. What just disappointment that they can't clinch this week and still have to play? 

Mostly how much they hate us,  we have the refs in our pocket.  Luckiest most untalented team in the league

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, stevewin said:

My son said before Bass kicked the FG he had a thought of Bass missing it then had a vision of going outside and throwing up

I think if Josh doesn’t hit that fall back pass to Shakir, we miss the FG from back there. That play was season saving.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Most important game of the season and the Bills beat a team that just fired their HC/GM, and missing their starting QB, #1/#2WR, C, and starting DE by 2 points.  This is the same ***** we pulled against the Dolphins in the playoffs last year.  McD rarely has this team ready to play.  They are the dumbest, most undisciplined team in the league.  I don’t care what happens the remainder of this season, I will never be sold on McDingus as the HC.

This is a route I’m quick to go down, but with 2-3 games left and “do or die” I’m happy to take the W.

More than “Screw Pegula, Fire McDermott, and Beane is a bumb” rants, I think this game should have highlighted Kincaid, Knox, Shakir. But the team/Allen came out trying to win the game on the outside. That alone almost cost us this game. 

Luckily Davis made a few key plays for us. 

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

Bills had to beat the Chargers, refs, and the announcers tonight 

Yeah the Peacock stream wasn't bad and everything would be great as long as it's not ***** Collinsworth if they could fire him into the sun that'd be great. I can't count the number of times I just muted it at points so I could just not hear him.

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Why are you just guaranteed a td though? Lol yea obviously if you were just given a td we’d choose that 😂. What if you throw a couple incomplete passes and settle for a fg anyway and the chargers preserve their timeouts?

Then your whole ‘he’s led 5 fg drives’ point comes in…he led 0 fg drives when only having 30 seconds and no timeouts 

They also started to run clock well before even before they got into FG range

They need to be aggressive, this team this coaching staff has shown time and time again they give up game winning drives

I hate the "you scored too quick" think. Why is it always "too quick" maybe it's not quick enough. Isn't the name of the game to put up more points than the opposing team? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Our boys not look like the have or were they ugly self inflicted wounds to keep them within reach?

Looking at the box score Chargers clearly won the turnover battle. 

mostly self inflicted ...some bad tackling and turn overs.   chargers were trying to rip every ball out and succeeded a couple times.   play calling was marginal.   o line fell back to earth like a brick.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, finn said:

The Morse penalty did not look like a hold. But the one against Spencer Brown as inexcusable. He gets beat, again, and he leg-whips the guy. He's both mediocre and dirty. I don't need to hear how much he's improved either. Just watch how often Allen dodges the man Brown fails to block.

But the heck with Brown. I'm smiling thinking of Allen, Shakir, and Oliver. 

The worst think about the Brown penalty was that he didn't need to do it.  Allen got the pass off to Cook quickly on that play. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

We lived to see another day, that's the most important thing here. It was over if we lost this game. 

This is a pretty flawed team and I still think coaching is still a big issue. But right now just getting into the dance is everything. Had to have it. 

Just have to stop the turnovers and we beat anyone

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.