This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

1 hour ago, Mango said:

So 8 pages for this guy's faux martyrdom for a cause that doesn't actually exist. 

"I am going to miss my first Bills game since OJ Simpson because I refuse to pay the man"
- Heavy Kevi

"I already pay the man for this exact product to run my Buffalo Bills specific business, but I don't want to go to work that day. And also I don't know how technology works"
- also Heavy Kevi 

What a joke. 

…..so, that’s one NO  for the Heavy Kevi GoFundMe cause so he can watch the Bills game Sat.

Scrooge.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

There isn’t a nearby sportsbar you could watch the game at?

I feel like drawing the line here. I don’t want to be forced into getting yet another service to watch the Bills. Why not play every game on 17 different streaming services? Screw you, NFL. 

My plan was a sports bar nearby, but I am funny about drinking anything and driving. That means either zero adult beverages or trying to get an Uber close to midnight on a Saturday night. I have had some spotty Uber coverage since Covid (getting better recently) and I just don’t trust them that late on a cold night. Is it doable? Of course. Should I have to go thru this hassle?  Of course not. Not after all the other things I’ve done to see games. This is one hurdle too many, IMO. They finally found the line I wouldn’t cross. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

I mean if you're going to go to the trouble it's easier to click on a link in reddit, or even crack a firestick, which is just a few steps.

“Crack a Firestick” would be a great name for a band. Or some type of gay sex. Either or. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

dude, stop

Monopoly != Capitalism

Allowing a monopoly is government distorting the market, which is the opposite of Capitalism, where a free market is assured

You're describing Crony Capitalism, into which both American political parties are heavily invested.  Using the power of Government to pick winners and losers is exactly what state controlled/centrally planned economies do.  That is not Capitalism

My original statement:

“BUT, I absolutely agree with your sentiment!!!!!

This is what Capitalism is. Extricating every last ounce of money from the little guy so the rich can get richer.”

Regarding the OPs statement about the NFL doing everything to get in the fan pocket.

Textbook definitions are swell. Reality is what it is. Between PSLs, Ticketmaster and all the other middleman ticket sites, having multiple pay per view channels dicing up the TV market…… that is what Capitalism looks like in America today. You are getting pooched just like the rest of us, why the anguish over calling a spade a spade🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, chongli said:

Yeah, I wanted to stream WGR radio on Audacy, but that is not allowed if you're outside the Buffalo area.

Also, what's everyone going to do when there are more Peacock games, presumably, next year?

Not true. I live in NH and I can listen to WGR on Audacy. On TuneIn as well. But they black out Bills games and sometimes Sabres games too.

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I’m not getting peacock. Ef them. Last thing I need is another useless streaming service.

I created account when it opened up.  I did not mind watching ads to watch Eureka. 

When they closed the free site I was given a link to be able to sign up for premium site and great discount.

Link did not work.  I unsubscribed and still got emails.  I blocked site. 

Too funny (or sad), I get Peacock w my Xfinity subscription, but I can only use it on my cable box.  Which ain't going to do me any good since I'll be traveling for the holidays, like most people.  

Guess it's bootleg, bar or pay $6...

:beer: 

Back in the day when there were blackouts, Rochester was considered part of the Buffalo market, if it was on TV there it was on here and the same deal with blackouts. Apparently Rochester is no longer part of the Buffalo market, according to the NFL, Amazon and Peacock anyway.

I'll miss this one too ... I'll also miss almost all of this weekends worth of games except maybe the early games Sat and Sun.

4 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I’m not getting peacock. Ef them. Last thing I need is another useless streaming service.

I try my best not to be a old grumpy man but ya this pisses me off. I'm afraid it's already started down the path where you WILL need 4 streaming services they will evenly distribute games across 4 platforms. Especially playoff and superbowl.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I try my best not to be a old grumpy man but ya this pisses me off. I'm afraid it's already started down the path where you WILL need 4 streaming services they will evenly distribute games across 4 platforms. Especially playoff and superbowl.

Super Bowl LXI, exclusively on OnlyFans!!!

• Haha (+1) 5

Just logged in to Peacock via back door manipulating time of computer, cookies and cache but cannot view anything and my favorite show Eureka is gone.

3 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

We need to start campaign against advertisers on Peacock games - let them know they are helping take away viewers and this will impact their business.

When advertisers stop they will get more but cost for ads will go down.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.