This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

6 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

As upset as you are, if anyone is to blame it's us. We complained about cable prices, so everyone went to streaming. Now thats where we are headed. Cable TV will be a thing of the past in the next 10 years 

I'll offer a contrarian opinion here.  There will be consolidation in the streaming services, and some entities bundling various streaming services together with some other service.  Verizon is doing it now with netflix and max (I think?) that they will give you for $10 if you are a customer of VZW.

Most of these services do not have a viable business model and eventually investors are going to expect a return.  At that point the clown car empties out and maybe we'll be left with disney, netflix, max, and from there, i bet we'll see additional consolidation and/or reduction in amount of content generation, which in turn drives people away from those services. 

Cable, or a cable like service, priced right, is going to have a lot of appeal to the casuals out there.  I know Charter/Spectrum was developing an offer that would allow their customers access to netflix content, not sure where that is at today as I'm not a customer, but I could see that happening at scale.  The cable companies, unlike the streaming services, are absolutely cash machines, and may be around to pick up the pieces. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I'll offer a contrarian opinion here.  There will be consolidation in the streaming services, and some entities bundling various streaming services together with some other service.  Verizon is doing it now with netflix and max (I think?) that they will give you for $10 if you are a customer of VZW.

Most of these services do not have a viable business model and eventually investors are going to expect a return.  At that point the clown car empties out and maybe we'll be left with disney, netflix, max, and from there, i bet we'll see additional consolidation and/or reduction in amount of content generation, which in turn drives people away from those services. 

Cable, or a cable like service, priced right, is going to have a lot of appeal to the casuals out there.  I know Charter/Spectrum was developing an offer that would allow their customers access to netflix content, not sure where that is at today as I'm not a customer, but I could see that happening at scale.  The cable companies, unlike the streaming services, are absolutely cash machines, and may be around to pick up the pieces. 

Good post.

What you are actually seeing imo is just a change in delivery. Netflix and Hulu rocked the boat and shook up everything.

But now spectrum is switching to streaming. No more cable. No more cable boxes... Just streaming boxes.

Also look at fubo, Hulu live, and YouTube tv. That IS cable these days. And the big guys (spectrum/Xfinity/Comcast) will just adjust to the times and provide their services that way.

We've already seen subscription fatigue affecting the BS streamers (like peacock and Disney), and it's precisely why there is no free trial offer for this. In the past, tons of people would justjust get the free trial and cancel.... And it never really moved the needle for those services as far as long term subscriptions go. So peacock figured they'll make no such offer, and force this game into basically being ppv since only 9 Americans currently subscribe to, and pay for, peachicken

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

That's your choice.  Quite easy to find internet streams for free that are very high quality. In fact, I use them in conjunction with my laptop and desktop in addition to watching games on the TV as my own personal Sunday Ticket experience.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

Honestly it's 6 bucks. Buy then cancel. 

It sounds like sour grapes. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I hear ya!!!   

BUT

I recently signed up with Peacock because they offered a whole year for $19.99 - ya can't beat that with a stick!

OR the price is $5.99/mo too much to pay for your Bills Backer Bar ????

This seems kinda like a "moleHILL you're choosing to die on..."

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Honestly streams can be found easily for free and it wouldn't even cost 6 bucks, just about 5 minutes or less of typing it into a google search

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

It is sour grapes.

I pay towards the stadium with taxes 

I pay for spectrum (2 locations) with sports package

I pay for Sunday ticket

I pay for Hulu live

But none of those things get me the game.

Your not sour about it?

• Like (+1) 10
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Heavy Kevi said:

It is sour grapes.

I pay for spectrum (2 locations) with sports package

I pay for Sunday ticket

I pay for Hulu live

But none of those things get me the game.

Your not sour about it?

Unfortunately, this is the world we live in. Get busy living or get busy dying

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

As upset as you are, if anyone is to blame it's us. We complained about cable prices, so everyone went to streaming. Now thats where we are headed. Cable TV will be a thing of the past in the next 10 years 

not sure i agree that complaining about bad only to receive worse makes it our fault.  in a just world, it would've led to better. 

anyway, i agree with everyone saying to use an illegal stream so the streak doesn't break.

23 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I'd absolutely not recommend the myriad of ways that you can watch this without peacock getting any money, that would make you no better than them :)

good post.  re: this final point, I would say it's okay to make a one-time exception in response to the extreme boning in the butt described by OP.  plus, when you stream illegally, it's not like they cut out the commercials.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Honestly streams can be found easily for free and it wouldn't even cost 6 bucks, just about 5 minutes or less of typing it into a google search

That's not the point though.

Illegal streams are everywhere. Of course.

Half of the responses to this thread have basically been "steal the game"

That should say pretty much everything about the state of the situation. It's rediculous.

I don't want to "steal the game". I don't want to wade through pop-ups, deception, and risk viruses.

It shouldn't be this hard to legally watch a game in my local market, especially a publicly subsidized one.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

If you have a chase credit card you can get a instacart subscription for free.  Instacart comes with free Peacock.    I dont have that so not sure of the details or if it would really work but I think it would.  I grabbed peacock for a year for $20 on black Friday, it has some other shows I am interested in.  I get the point of the thread but we all have to realize the NFL is a business meant to make rich people more richer.  We all contribute to that whether you want to accept it or not.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Heavy Kevi said:

48 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

But I pay taxes that are being taken to build the stadium.

34 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

This is even more true with the surge in taxpayer funded stadiums. 

9 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

2 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

It shouldn't be this hard to legally watch a game in my local market, especially a publicly subsidized one.

The game is being played in Cali, not Orchard Park.  Financing of the stadium is not relevant. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.