This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

• Like (+1) 20
  • Eyeroll 18
  • Agree 11
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

Can you stream WGRZ online? 

6 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Just saying… they probably have a free 7 day trial or something.  You gotta watch 

• Like (+1) 3

Drive to Batavia and watch from some place there. They should be in the WGRZ broadcast area. I used to drive 30-40 miles  one way every week to watch the games with the San JoseBills Backers when I lived in CA.

• Like (+1) 9

8 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

There isn’t a nearby sportsbar you could watch the game at?

I own a Bills Backer bar.

That's not the point.

5 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Just saying… they probably have a free 7 day trial or something.  You gotta watch 

They don't though. They did up until a couple weeks ago, but not now. They made the cutoff significantly before this game on purpose to stop people from being able to watch for free.

But I pay taxes that are being taken to build the stadium.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 9
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have a couple of good websites, PM me if your interested.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Just get the app for the one month and cancel it. Don’t try to teach NBC/Universal life lessons. The season’s on the line.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 6

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

As upset as you are, if anyone is to blame it's us. We complained about cable prices, so everyone went to streaming. Now thats where we are headed. Cable TV will be a thing of the past in the next 10 years 

It's not really cable though, is it? It's over the air that's supposed to be provided to local markets.

This is even more true with the surge in taxpayer funded stadiums. 

It's against the spirit of community funded stadiums to pull a money grab like this!

Make everyone else pay, sure... But everyone in NY subsidizes the Bills and therefore it should be on locally

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I own a Bills Backer bar.

That's not the point.

Yeah im with you on this. It's getting ridiculous.  The entire streaming landscape has become so fragmented that I'm actually watching far less TV than I used to.  Now it's mostly stuff on youtube like documentaries and cooking stuff, and there's some amazing sports guys on there too like thatsgoodsports.  I actually pay for youtube premium to avoid the commercials, and i've dropped a bunch of other services like disney+, paramount, and Max. the other dynamic with all this is that when these services were emerging there was a ton of money sloshing around, and they made some decent content.  Try to watch one of the new netflix movies or shows, they are terrible.  I mean strait up garbage.  Netflix is next on my hitlist because it's like $22 a month.  Again, not a matter of money, more that the NFL is going to keep spreading the games around until we need to do this dance every damn week to watch the games

I'd absolutely not recommend the myriad of ways that you can watch this without peacock getting any money, that would make you no better than them :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.