Allen Flopping

Kingston Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I don’t think he even really flopped in the Cowboys game (although I will admit he flops plenty).

In the roughing the passer he did actually get pushed down. He did lobby for a call afterwards though and point to his facemask. Ultimately it was a soft call.

It was a flop. Allen is a flopper.

Unless the NFL makes flopping a penalty like some other sports have done, it's a smart play that's part of the game.  If the refs buy it and it's a free 15 yards+first down, good on Josh.  If they don't, no harm done.  Plus, as some have stated above, it may help prevent late hits, as players will know these tendencies from film and make more of an effort to avoid hitting him to avoid the penalty.

• Agree 1

Picture it.

Playoff game, down by 4 in the 4th with a minute to play.

Ball on the opponents 40, its 3rd and 9.

JA rolls to the right and gets hit maybe a tad late and falls to the ground hard with a greatly animated performance worthy of an Oscar as the pass falls incomplete. 

Flag comes flying out.

Are you still complaining? I don't care what other crybaby fan bases think. Winners get the W at all costs.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I don’t think he even really flopped in the Cowboys game (although I will admit he flops plenty).

In the roughing the passer he did actually get pushed down. He did lobby for a call afterwards though and point to his facemask. Ultimately it was a soft call.

As the OP said, and as we all know, JA is very difficult to tackle/get down to the ground (when trying to gain yards), so when he receives a two hand push and immediately goes down, most people not wearing Red & Blue Colored glasses can deduce that he is indeed doing a flop. That’s the reality of the situation.

But I do agree that as long as the league allows this acting to go on, JA should take advantage of it, and he should continue flopping for an Oscar….or even an ESPY. LOL

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Didn’t Allen get called down or in the grasp twice yesterday, which negated broken tackles?

Isnt that sort of incompatible with a flop? At least by my definition, when a player flops he ends up on the ground. 

Usually he flops after the pass has left his hand or after he has stepped out of bounds.

There is no point in flopping with the ball still in your hands.

• Agree 1

Maybe the OP didn’t have to live through two decades of some certain player in our division getting every single call. Every call he gets it’s completely earned IMO by the way he has played the game.  I celebrate every flag without apology. It’s part of the territory of being one of the league’s greatest players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.