Game Day Weather

Never NEVER Give-up

My local weather source says showery Sun morning, then rain becomes steady in the afternoon.  Hard to say if it will stay "steady" from 4:25pm through 7:30pm before it turns to Heavy rain.  But one thing for sure.  It will be wet and wild.

The Bills/Eagles was a high scoring game in wet conditions, and last weekend the Ravens/Rams was up and down the field in the rain,,,,although it slowed down to a drizzle during the middle portion of that game.

19 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Augie's school bus back in the day 😉

Silent Sunday Nights GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Can’t be, it’s not going up hill…, 😂

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Cowboys have played 13 games - 9 in domes, Game time temp for other four - @ Giants - 74, @ SFO 78, @ Eagles 64, @ Panthers 65.

FWIW

to be fair the giants game was a downpour and they manhandled the giants up front.

42 minutes ago, zow2 said:

My local weather source says showery Sun morning, then rain becomes steady in the afternoon.  Hard to say if it will stay "steady" from 4:25pm through 7:30pm before it turns to Heavy rain.  But one thing for sure.  It will be wet and wild.

The Bills/Eagles was a high scoring game in wet conditions, and last weekend the Ravens/Rams was up and down the field in the rain,,,,although it slowed down to a drizzle during the middle portion of that game.

Eagles game didn't also have 20mph winds. Makes a big difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, kkim0904 said:

Weather definitely favors Buffalo more .   I  think the weather advantage of rain and wind combined does us more favor than 30 degree temperature.  It is not cold as typical December winter.  But rain with wind gust of 10-15 mph, wind chill will be around 35 degree. this is bad condition for indoor team to adopt.

I also think that slinging the ball around in the rain in Philly will help their confidence.  

Dallas hasn’t been a great running team but they’ve been on fire since Dak has spread the ball around between Lamb, Cooks, and Ferguson.  I think the passing game becomes tougher in the rain, especially without the experience that Buffalo has

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

This is why I’m often hesitant about the weather argument.  You’d assume a warmer weather team that plays indoors like LA would struggle in elements in Baltimore.  But then ended up playing just fine.  

We also thought that all the weather talk (I wish it were colder) would psych out Miami last December.  It appeared to have little impact on their performance on game day - though the temps were not actually that cold for Buffalo that night.  

So after all the “weather” talk on both sides, it’s possible this is a nothingburger

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

Ignoring for a moment what a team is "used to" and that JA arm is flat out stronger...

DP is a more scheduled QB, less off script success

JA is less scheduled QB, more off script success

Therefore, I think messy conditions helps JA over DP.

Double penetration 

22 hours ago, Rubes said:

18 mph winds are nothing to sneeze at, either. (Or sneeze into, for that matter.)

That snot funny 😁 

2 hours ago, Sundo91 said:

I'm making the trip north for this game. My first visit to the ralph this year. I'd rather it be snow instead of rain, but either way, i think it helps the Bills. 

What helps? It raining or you going? 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/14/2023 at 3:28 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

48 is the high, by the time it's kick off...it's going to be 40.  40 and rain from Dallas who is significantly worse on the road....its the one time I want rain for the Bills.

But can they commit to running the ball? We rarely do.

6 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Probably coulda gotten away with it just by being a horse.

With Mr. Ed so close in the family tree, it would have been seen as a sign of disgrace and brought shame on the bloodline. I don’t make the rules.  🤷‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.