PFF indicating the Bills made a brilliant trade when they landed Rasul Douglas - PFF WAR

BuffaloBill

• BuffaloBill changed the title to PFF indicating the Bills made a brilliant trade when they landed Rasul Douglas - PFF WAR
27 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

No doubt PFF gets its fair share of skepticism here and it may well be deserved. However, they are helping to confirm what many Bills fans can see via eye tests.  They have stolen an excellent CB and who fits like a sleek glove into their scheme.  

I'll say it, he is an upgrade from Tre. 

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I'm glad we added an aggressive cb who is always looking to make a play on the ball. Hopefully we can sign him long-term.

I think there are decent odds that we do that. Because of the trade, Douglas' last year of his contract is entirely non-guaranteed. The Bills have excellent leverage to actually decrease his cap hit next year by signing him to an extension.

10 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Tre White replacement 😢

I don't know if Tre is completely gone, but I think we need to accept that even if he makes it back next year he absolutely not be at 100% speed. Losing him is a real possibility and he'll be an effective #2 at least for another year.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I think there are decent odds that we do that. Because of the trade, Douglas' last year of his contract is entirely non-guaranteed. The Bills have excellent leverage to actually decrease his cap hit next year by signing him to an extension.

I don't know if Tre is completely gone, but I think we need to accept that even if he makes it back next year he absolutely not be at 100% speed. Losing him is a real possibility and he'll be an effective #2 at least for another year.

With those injuries amd that contract?  Sorry but it's a business and they have to reach an injury settlement and move on

douglas and josheph coming in and bing day one upgrades who improve our entire D makes me wonder about the other guys we pay money too on our roster.

D jones is nasty, but the DTs behind him are really below replacement.  

we trotted levi wallace out as cb2 for how many games?  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

With those injuries amd that contract?  Sorry but it's a business and they have to reach an injury settlement and move on

Unless I am wrong, the Bills do not get that much cap space for cutting him. From quick math, I think that the gains of even a half season injury settlement would effectively be swallowed by the looming dead cap. 

So, do we lose a veteran and open a hole for $10 of cap space in 2025? Or do we muddle and use him as depth in a platoon of Douglas, Benford and Elam?

27 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

What's Douglasses contract sitch?

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

1 year 9M left

Importantly, none of it is guaranteed.

His deal with GB was ~$7M per year though backloaded as is common. I think it's quite possible to throw on 2-3 years of an extension at a similar or lesser rate and reset next year to be maybe half of that 9M

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The only way Tre is coming back next season is if he's released and comes back under a new contract that is all incentive laden.

We have an out on his contract after this year that we have to take. You can't continue to pay him the contract we signed him to before his injury in the state he is in now. Especially when we're massively over the cap.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

No doubt PFF gets its fair share of skepticism here and it may well be deserved. However, they are helping to confirm what many Bills fans can see via eye tests.  They have stolen an excellent CB and who fits like a sleek glove into their scheme.  

This was a huge pick up that I didn’t really think much of at the time. Might’ve saved our season 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.