League owners expected to award SB LXI (61) to Los Angeles in 2027

chongli

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39104280/sources-super-bowl-lxi-played-sofi-stadium-la

From the article:

"The game will be televised by ESPN and ABC. It will be ESPN's first Super Bowl telecast and ABC's first telecast of the game since Super Bowl XL in February 2006.

[...]

The league will sandwich the Super Bowl between the World Cup in 2026, when Los Angeles will be one of 16 North American host cities, and the Summer Olympic Games in 2028, giving Los Angeles a tripleheader of mega sporting events that will make it one of the sports capitals of the world."

LOL:

Edited by chongli

5 hours ago, chongli said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39104280/sources-super-bowl-lxi-played-sofi-stadium-la

From the article:

"The game will be televised by ESPN and ABC. It will be ESPN's first Super Bowl telecast and ABC's first telecast of the game since Super Bowl XL in February 2006.

[...]

The league will sandwich the Super Bowl between the World Cup in 2026, when Los Angeles will be one of 16 North American host cities, and the Summer Olympic Games in 2028, giving Los Angeles a tripleheader of mega sporting events that will make it one of the sports capitals of the world."

LOL:

That looks like just last Tuesday night to me.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

can't even imagine a SB in WNY in the first week of Feb. OMG. what a disaster that would be with an outdoor stadium

Even with a dome and enough hotel rooms, I’d think it would be too big of a risk because of potential blizzard conditions hitting.  As most know, blizzard hits, no one is even getting to the stadium.

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Even with a dome and enough hotel rooms, I’d think it would be too big of a risk because of potential blizzard conditions hitting.  As most know, blizzard hits, no one is even getting to the stadium.

in a weird sort of way a snowy SB would be kind of fun.. very different

6 hours ago, djp14150 said:

the bigger shock….if they actually do the Super Bowl on Valentine’s Day that year.

It has never been held on a Valentine's Day before. It was held on February 13 in 2022, a day before Valentine's Day. Women complained a lot on Tik Tok, apparently:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/super-bowl-2022-valentines-day-weekend-b2012012.html

People are not happy after learning the 2022 Super Bowl will take place Valentine’s Day weekend

valentines.jpg?quality=75&width=990&crop

“I wanna talk to whoever decided that Super Bowl Sunday was on Valentine’s Day weekend because they are def single,” one woman named Elena, who goes by the username @elenaa_l10, wrote on TikTok, as she mouthed: “What’s going on?”:

In another video from a woman named Ava, who goes by the username @definetlynotava8, she wrote: “To the person that moved the Super Bowl to Valentine’s Day weekend… I don’t think you understand how much you ruined.”

There are lots more in the link above. I never understood why this day was such a big deal.

Edited by chongli

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It would not make a difference - not enough rooms.

And we have enough d0mehead fans to make up not having a dome.

I never understood the "not enough rooms" thing. I think I heard there needs to be 200,000 hotel rooms available within a 40 mile radius from the stadium. You mean to tell me between Orchard Park, all of Buffalo and downtown Buffalo, Amherst, Niagara Falls, Canada and all other areas around the stadium that they can't find 200,000 hotel rooms? 40 miles is a long enough distance and in just Downtown Buffalo alone would have a lot there already 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I never understood the "not enough rooms" thing. I think I heard there needs to be 200,000 hotel rooms available within a 40 mile radius from the stadium. You mean to tell me between Orchard Park, all of Buffalo and downtown Buffalo, Amherst, Niagara Falls, Canada and all other areas around the stadium that they can't find 200,000 hotel rooms? 40 miles is a long enough distance and in just Downtown Buffalo alone would have a lot there already 

There are a lot of things that Buffalo does not check the box for...

First the hotel room rule would only apply to Buffalo and surrounding New York areas... You need a passport or a New York State enhanced license to get into Canada which negates the Canadian hotels ... They can't count Canadian hotels when most people don't have an enhanced license or a passport

There is also a 50° minimum for the month and the city in which it's played... Unless it's given a special waiver which New York City was given... The average temperature in Buffalo in February is like 39°... Too cold 

The league also says the city must have an indoor convention center that holds at least 850,000 square feet... I don't think any convention center in Buffalo is close to that

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.