2 New Jersey QBs named player of the week.

BuffaloBillyG

• BuffaloBillyG changed the title to 2 New Jersey QBs named player of the week.

I don't think DeVito is the future for the Giants but with the way he has been playing. I wonder what the Giants will do with Daniel Jones. I could see them drafting a QB in this year's draft and moving on from Jones.

Edited by Gregg

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

I don't think DeVito is the future for the Giants but with the way he has been playing. I wonder what the Giants will do with Daniel Jones. I could see them drafting a QB in this year's draft and moving on from Jones.

See how the chips fall in the draft, but Daniel Jones aint it and they know it.  

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Jones would make an excellent back up to Josh. 

They're stuck with him in 2024, but i think they need to figure out .  Where they're picking in the first right now they might be able to get 1 of Daniels/Maye/Williams, but i suspect NE @ 2 will draft one for sure, Washington @ 4 for sure would draft one, Vegas and NYJ are both in the rookie QB market too.  Bears probably should be too.  

12 hours ago, BBFL said:

Zach Wilson, under the right coaching, may not be a half decent player. Mid-low level starter at best but still not as bad as it would appear. Hopefully the guy who played Houston Sunday returns against Miami. 

🤞

Eh, he is like the dumbest version of mahomes with less talent. He got overdrafted because he played against a lot of bad teams. He has better weapons than most qbs in the league. 

And the Devito story is nice but he might be the least deserving player of the week in the history of the award. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Playing in Miami near the retirement home, he's bound to be motivated

GILF-hunter.

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And the Devito story is nice but he might be the least deserving player of the week in the history of the award. 

I disagree … I watch the whole Packers-Giants game on Monday, and he looked really good.  Nice scrambles for 1st downs on a few occasions, and several nice throws.  He played a big part in them knocking off the high-flying Packers.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

GILF-hunter.

I disagree … I watch the whole Packers-Giants game on Monday, and he looked really good.  Nice scrambles for 1st downs on a few occasions, and several nice throws.  He played a big part in them knocking off the high-flying Packers.

He like 100 yards passing until the last drive (I bet on him and won with the last drive). I watched him at Cuse. I’m shocked he’s in the league.  

that said, good for him and he’s earn a bunch of years as a backup. And he’s not a significant drop off from Jones which is embarrassing for the Giants.

47 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, he is like the dumbest version of mahomes with less talent. He got overdrafted because he played against a lot of bad teams. He has better weapons than most qbs in the league. 

That’s a brilliant analogy lol

I just feel Wilson, with actual decent coaching, could at least be a low-tier starter in this league. That offensive line is a disaster which mitigates the talent they have at skill positions. Guy is a slow decision maker and reader of the field. Maybe if he was in the same or similar system as Tua where his first read is schemed open you’d see him be somewhat competent. 

Contrary to probably most people I actually want the Jets and Pats to return to somewhat decent football as I believe it better tests our team for success. 

8 hours ago, BBFL said:

That’s a brilliant analogy lol

I just feel Wilson, with actual decent coaching, could at least be a low-tier starter in this league. That offensive line is a disaster which mitigates the talent they have at skill positions. Guy is a slow decision maker and reader of the field. Maybe if he was in the same or similar system as Tua where his first read is schemed open you’d see him be somewhat competent. 

Contrary to probably most people I actually want the Jets and Pats to return to somewhat decent football as I believe it better tests our team for success. 

we don’t need better testing. We need cream puffs that give you bye weeks and home field advantage. 

I want a team that waltzed to needing 2 wins at home not 3 on the road 

I want a team that is healthy, not the remnants of what’s left after a struggle 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

One Jets Drive

Florham Park, NJ

07932 USA

1925 Giants Dr.

East Rutherford, NJ

07073, USA

You're going to argue with Google, the USPS, and Newman?!

image.thumb.jpeg.3e26ff6e116772305625f64392ffb997.jpeg

Because Bills fans need to say that we're on team in NYS. Like it's so important

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It may be the first time the optics of a player's family and agent actually may have affected the voting

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

It may be the first time the optics of a player's family and agent actually may have affected the voting

Goodell woke up to a horses head in his bed and a note that said “pick Tommy.”

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Because Bills fans need to say that we're on team in NYS. Like it's so important

I mean if we are called the Buffalo Bills and played in Canada or Pennsylvania, that won’t be a little weird? 

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Goodell woke up to a horses head in his bed and a note that said “pick Tommy.”

I mean if we are called the Buffalo Bills and played in Canada or Pennsylvania, that won’t be a little weird? 

yes but NY and NJ are like crossing the street. I live in Wilmington , DE but if I drive north for 2 miles I'm in PA.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.