We are so blessed to have Josh Allen

Einstein

Sometimes I forget how fortunate we are. It’s easy, over time, to become comfortable with something/someone being in your life or on your team.

But my goodness, name another QB who could deal with the constant onslaught he saw today. Nonstop blitzes, most of which were never picked up by our own line. Constantly avoiding defenders and avoiding sacks. The list of QB’s not named Allen who could have done what he did today is very very short.

And i’ve never ever seen his flip out like a gigantic crybaby like Mahomes did after the game.

• Like (+1) 20
  • Agree 21
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's an elite superstar unicorn cyborg. This narrative that our pass protection improved this year is very debatable.

It DEFINITELY has. But nobody breaks down protection schemes better than Spags. In 2020 when our Oline was pretty good, certainly above average league wide, we had two really bad games. Both vs KC. I think if he has the horses he finds a way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's an elite superstar unicorn cyborg. This narrative that our pass protection improved this year is very debatable.

I think it has improved greatly.

But they went to pieces after the first quarter today.

Spencer Brown being the only guy you could trust in the second half is a terrifying prospect.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

But nobody breaks down protection schemes better than Spags.

That guy has his business square.

I don't feel like he has as talented a group of players as folks are assuming this year. He's just been that good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Sometimes I forget how fortunate we are. It’s easy, over time, to become comfortable with something/someone being in your life or on your team.

But my goodness, name another QB who could deal with the constant onslaught he saw today. Nonstop blitzes, most of which were never picked up by our own line. Constantly avoiding defenders and avoiding sacks. The list of QB’s not named Allen who could have done what he did today is very very short.

And i’ve never ever seen his flip out like a gigantic crybaby like Mahomes did after the game.

According to some on here that’s the only way you can show leadership and that you’re a competitor though  🤦‍♂️

Perfect microcosm of Allen’s career: an impossible, physics-bending 22-yard completion to Murray, who drops it (yeah he did, come on), and then two major penalties that result in a punt on 4th and 38. 

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

This was the first game of Brady’s short tenure as OC i thought he failed this offense in some key moments.  Kudos to the D they played a heck of a game. 

Agreed. The screens simply were not working. He either needed to fake a screen and call a wheel route or quick hitter, or stop calling them altogether.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You are right on the money.

We are so lucky to have Josh - both his talent and personality. 

Josh is the perfect QB for the Buffalo Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

This was the first game of Brady’s short tenure as OC i thought he failed this offense in some key moments.  Kudos to the D they played a heck of a game. 

Agreed. The constant swings/WR screens were ineffective in the 2nd half yet he kept going to the well. The run game was also completely abandoned until late in the 4th even though it was going good previously. He got too hung up on the empty backfield formation and played into Spagnoulo's hands

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I almost threw up when Romo said "Allen just out-Mahomed Mahomes". Josh does his own thing and it is different than Mahomes. You'll never hear "Mahomes just out-Allened Allen". Never. 

That's because when Mahomes runs he looks like a toddler. Only way someone can say you out-Allened Allen

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think it has improved greatly.

But they went to pieces after the first quarter today.

Spencer Brown being the only guy you could trust in the second half is a terrifying prospect.

That guy has his business square.

I don't feel like he has as talented a group of players as folks are assuming this year. He's just been that good.

Spags is exceptional.  And Jones covers up other flaws in his pass rush.  It just kills me to see how quickly Josh is knocked off his spot.  I'd just love to see what Josh would look like with a top 10 OL.  It would be devastating. 

34 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Total team win tonight… even the refs were on our side. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.