Mac Jones misery (a salacious read)

co_springs_billsfan

5 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39043021/new-england-patriots-mac-jones-quarterback-man-muddled-moment

It's a long read but if you want to escape from the Bills' season for a time this should make you smile

How quickly things change in the NFL.  I remember after beating the Bills in the famous wind game where NE passed 2 times.  Belichick was being lauded as a genius and Mac was going to lead NE to the Super Bowl against Tom Brady and Tampa Bay.  

In defense of Mac, I think had he gone to San Fran instead of Trey Lance, he could have been Brock Purdy.  Now he’s too damaged

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Rubes said:

I still just cannot fathom how this team allowed him to drive 75 yards in the final minutes to a game winning touchdown.

I mean, that is just a colossal failure. I can't even understand it.

Bend dont break broke.  Any NFL QB can play pitch and catch if a receiver is wide open. Especially when we couldn't tackle for *****. Mac isn't good and he has been terrible this year but he isn't terrible like Wilson is either.  The guy can play.  I think he is just mentally broken.  I'd put him at low end starter but better than a backup.  He is also used to seeing our defense so knows what to expect. 

3 hours ago, BRH said:

Don't forget all those takes about how Mac Jones had similar numbers to Josh Allen as a rookie so obviously he was going to have the same or even better career.

There were people posting graphics about how he had a better rookie season than Tom Brady so obviously he was going to be better than Brady.

Edited by Scott7975

6 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

That's the vaunted McDermott prevent. Designed to avoid giving up the huge play in favor of giving up significant chunks of yardage to a team with multiple timeouts. 

When it works, we hold them to a long FG try that always is good and then let the chips fall in OT, where we lose. But it's a respectable loss.

They ran a screen to the rt side of the field on their first play.  We forgot how to tackle and their RB gained at least 30-35 yards.  From there it was a pretty foregone conclusion that they were going to beat us on that last drive.  You can blame coaching.  But our defense gets beaten down week after week in the 4th qtr.  I was getting PTSD watching the Niners-Eagles game on Sunday.  

7 hours ago, JohnNord said:

How quickly things change in the NFL.  I remember after beating the Bills in the famous wind game where NE passed 2 times.  Belichick was being lauded as a genius and Mac was going to lead NE to the Super Bowl against Tom Brady and Tampa Bay.  

In defense of Mac, I think had he gone to San Fran instead of Trey Lance, he could have been Brock Purdy.  Now he’s too damaged

Under McDaniel the kid played well enough. When he was being mentored by an ex-defensive coach turned defacto OC, he regressed.

Not saying he was a great, or even good QB.  But agree if given the right coaching he could have been good enough.  I, for one, am happy how billacheat mismanaged the team over the last few years and killed his progression.

14 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I want to be very, very clear on this and I have stated this here before.

A couple of years back a buddy of mine who lived in New England was listening to a local sports show and the topic of discussion was about when Mac Jones will make the Hall of Fame.

When

not if

It reveals the sense of entitlement that Pats fans had come to know.  

Now they've all had that 2x4 of reality slam 'em across the forehead.  

Their dynasty would have been a little bit more tolerable if Brady had been a planned element.  

We're one Mo Lewis hit away from Brady never having seen the field, moved on to a different team after his first contract, and being GOAT somewhere else.  

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I want to be very, very clear on this and I have stated this here before.

A couple of years back a buddy of mine who lived in New England was listening to a local sports show and the topic of discussion was about when Mac Jones will make the Hall of Fame.

When

not if

Bill Simmons did a podcast where he did a redraft of Mac Jones’ draft. After that drafted played 4 games! 😂 he also picked Mac to be mvp and win a SB. 

I was so happy when they picked him. He had zero upside and Carries himself like he’s Tom Brady because somehow he won at Alabama. 

that said, he just needs one more year to develop. They just need to get a better oline around him, 🥳

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Under McDaniel the kid played well enough. When he was being mentored by an ex-defensive coach turned defacto OC, he regressed.

Not saying he was a great, or even good QB.  But agree if given the right coaching he could have been good enough.  I, for one, am happy how billacheat mismanaged the team over the last few years and killed his progression.

He had like 4 good games as a rookie and then the league adjusted to his dink and dunk arm. 

they did him no favors but he has no special skills. He is the type of qb that gets you no where unless the team is absolutely loaded around him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

they did him no favors but he has no special skills. He is the type of qb that gets you no where unless the team is absolutely loaded around him. 

Like at Alabama, and to that degree.  

Those situations really don't exist in the NFL.  

10 hours ago, chongli said:

LOL:

So this made me realize something else, they're next game is against the Steelers......man that game is going to be awful, we might finally get a 0-0 tie.

And of course it's on Thursday Night Football, Al Michaels may hang himself in the booth.

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.