We're Going To The Playoffs. (edit: Updated - Super Bowl)

Doc Brown

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

No, last night doesn’t beat anyone.

It didn’t beat the Eagles and probably won’t beat the Chiefs. In my opinion the Chiefs defense is a lot better than the Eagles is.

I respect your take - but the chiefs offense isn’t the eagles offense either 

Just stop doing this to yourself.  A few years of historical aberration for the Bills, and we think it's the new normal.  The league has figured out McD and his bend then break defense, he's far too in love with his own ideas to ever consider something more modern and effective as a scheme.  Watch and enjoy the games if you must but don't pin your hopes on another win this year

• Vomit 1

It is an uphill battle. They literally can't lose another game, and that might not even be enough.

There are a lot of depressed and angry fans. I get that. But the offense is finally alive. They were playing probably the best team in the league and took them to overtime, despite horribly one-sided officiating the entire game.

One or two plays different and the Bills would have won it. That is what sucks so much.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Why go to overtime when the offense just handed you a lead with 2 minutes to go.  A drive that was the best of the season and would have been a statement had the defense been able to get a stop and force them to throw a hail mary or something on 4th down.  

or Davis could have turned the right way and caught an easy GW TD pass.  

Either way the defense was given two leads late that had they got one stop in either the bills win much like the rest of the year.

Not disagreeing at all about the defense. But it’s a team game. If your defense gives up the lead the offense has to step up. They got the ball first in OT. Go win it. Other teams can do it. This team has a weak mentality from the coaches to players up and down the roster. 

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Minor difference circumstances in a dome against a poor defense but this is why...

and just 3 weeks earlier the Jets had gumbied Josh's arm and yet still felt comfortable going for it.

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I obviously remember this but I'd say a bit more than minor circumstances,  considering it was pouring rain and both teams were limited on big plays all day and our kicker was very unlikely to make a very long FG. 

I personally don't mind not pushing the ball there.

Oh no we miss the kick and go to overtime like we did anyway or we don't get into range and it's 3rd down so we make sure to eat it since they don't have any timeouts and just run out the clock and go to overtime like we did anyway.

I like the optimism by the OP but having watched the Bills for near 55 years last night was one in a long series of Billsy loses - so very predictable - and gives me no reason to be optimistic.  Can they run the tables?  I doubt it.  They're snake bit against KC and I think that the 13 second game is still in Allen's head.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Not disagreeing at all about the defense. But it’s a team game. If your defense gives up the lead the offense has to step up. They got the ball first in OT. Go win it. Other teams can do it. This team has a weak mentality from the coaches to players up and down the roster. 

But the offense essentially won the game twice right?  How many times late does the defense need to make mistakes before it ultimately falls on them?

and again if Davis doesn't go to the corner they win.  

Just now, chaccof said:

I like the optimism by the OP but having watched the Bills for near 55 years last night was one in a long series of Billsy loses - so very predictable - and gives me no reason to be optimistic.  Can they run the tables?  I doubt it.  They're snake bit against KC and I think that the 13 second game is still in Allen's head.  

hasn't buffalo won the last two regular season matchups?

I'm wondering how much influence McD had on the last scoring drive in regulation to milk the clock.  I'm guessing it was his call to "not score too fast", like he said about the Broncos game.  In my opinion, you score fast there so that you have time on the clock if you need to score again (which they did).  I think the younger coaches of the game today would have went for the score regardless of the time on the clock knowing they would be in a better position with more time on the clock at the end of regulation. 

This is more just of a thought and wondering what others here think about that scenario.  Could have had more than 20 seconds on the clock at the end of the game.

My only issue with this is, this team doesn't know how to finish. 2-6 in one score games. The only thing about that is the Vikings were awesome in 1 score games last year but everyone knew they weren't that good. This year we have been putrid in one score games but everyone knows we aren't as bad as our record. We proved that yesterday. 

15 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

I respect your take - but the chiefs offense isn’t the eagles offense either 

Every game is different so can’t really compare performances. When the Eagles played the Chiefs last week they looked like the inferior team for most of the game until the Chiefs’ receivers decided to drop passes. Kelce and Mahomes with uncharacteristic red zone turnovers.

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

But the offense essentially won the game twice right?  How many times late does the defense need to make mistakes before it ultimately falls on them?

Can’t win if there’s time left on the clock and the other team has a shot to win. Like I said it’s a team game. Whoever has it last was going to win. Bills could’ve made sure they had it last with a TD in OT but they weren’t good enough. Story of this season. 

10 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

You still drinking bro?

A table run at 5-0 means hard drugs.  4-1 is and a playoff spot is lots of alcohol.  3-2 and missing the playoffs is drunken optimism.  2-3 and missing the playoffs is drunken pessimism. 1-4 and missing the playoffs is Billsy.  0-5 and missing the playoffs is McDermitism.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Minor difference circumstances in a dome against a poor defense but this is why...

Sadly we will never know what would have happened...at 6-5 and the season on the line, your Qb playing his best game of the year, you take a shot. Even if it was go 5 wide, run everyone deep and see if Allen can take off with his legs and get a run to midfield. Then you have one quick play for 10 yards to the sideline and potential winning field goal. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.