Who should coach this team in 2024?

Kirby Jackson

McDermott is absolutely not the answer. He’s a loser that always loses. If McDermott is fired, it’ll be one of the most desirable jobs available. If you were Terry Pegula, who would you hire? 

I’m in record that I’d fire McDermott in the morning and hand Brady the keys. I’d give him a 6 week audition. If it doesn’t work, I’d probably hire Bobby Slowik. Ben Johnson would be my 2nd option. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 17
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

McDermott is absolutely not the answer. He’s a loser that always loses. If McDermott is fired, it’ll be one of the most desirable jobs available. If you were Terry Pegula, who would you hire? 

I’m in record that I’d fire McDermott in the morning and hand Brady the keys. I’d give him a 6 week audition. If it doesn’t work, I’d probably hire Bobby Slowik. Ben Johnson would be my 2nd option. 

Been wanting Johnson for a while now

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic
  • Simon unlocked this topic
1 minute ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I don't know enough about other teams' coordinators...

But the popular mentions I would all be happy with:

Ben Johnson

Jim Harbaugh

Eric Bienemy

Not familiar with Slowik... But I DO know Sean isnt the answer so it's next man up!

Slowik is a young play caller for the Texans. He comes from the Kyle Shannahan tree. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't have an answer to that however I do like what I have seen from OC Brady. Would be a shame to lose him.

2 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

No. He’s the easy scapegoat. The next man up in the blame game. Our losses are by 6, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3. I don’t think a new HC gets you over that hump. Players are put in a position to win week in and week out. We shouldn’t take that for granted.

If players were put in position to win they wouldn't keep blowing leads late and losing!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I don't know enough about other teams' coordinators...

But the popular mentions I would all be happy with:

Ben Johnson

Jim Harbaugh

Eric Bienemy

Not familiar with Slowik... But I DO know Sean isnt the answer so it's next man up!

Did you not watch Bienemi past game? He was trash 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Slowick and Johnson are the more obvious options. There arent any Pedersons or Paytons hanging around anymore.

I'm a big NO on Harbaugh, and I dont think Bienemy is making it out of Washington.

I dont know anything about those guys personally, but I do know that McD is a loser, so I'll try anyone rather than waste another one of Josh's precious years on McD.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

No. He’s the easy scapegoat. The next man up in the blame game. Our losses are by 6, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3. I don’t think a new HC gets you over that hump. Players are put in a position to win week in and week out. We shouldn’t take that for granted.

They arent put in positions to win. As evidenced by all the situational losses (having 12 men on a fg block, etc). As evidenced by the poor game planning (until Brady showed up for the O).

Coach has to go.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

McD is gonna be here next year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 4

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

They arent put in positions to win. As evidenced by all the situational losses (having 12 men on a fg block, etc). As evidenced by the poor game planning (until Brady showed up for the O).

Coach has to go.

McD deserves a ton of credit for firing Josh’s boy and his friend Ken. It was McD’s decision and clearly the right one. 

16 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Honestly we probably should have kept Daboll and gotten rid of McDermott 

Yup that would’ve been the best move… McDermott is not a HC, he has to go. We need to move on if we want to improve. I really don’t know what coaches are out there right now but hope they have a really strong look. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

McDermott sure put the Iggles kicker into position to be successful with that TO. Instead of having to rush on a sloppy field he got to take his time and set up. Ridiculous. My wife and even my 18 yo daughter recognized how dumb it was. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

It’s exactly because of all those close losses that McD is on the hot seat. 

How many times does an opponent get a free release with the game on the line before we replace the guy who keeps calling it? 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Johnson, Slowick or Brady in that order.  The whole organizational structure of this team needs to change. Do what you should've done 5+ years ago and build your team around Josh. Not the other way around.  End this insufferable zone defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Slowik or Ben Johnson

Slowik is interesting. He doesn’t have much coaching experience and this is first year as an OC. It’s tough to ignore what he’s done in Houston though and we’ve seen recent coaches who never even had play calling experience go on to

be good HCs. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.