From a former McDermott Supporter: It is OVAH

Success

How many games like this do we have to lose.

How many games where the defense FOLDS at the end.  I don't care how well they play in the 1st quarter.

We have to move on.  We're likely missing the playoffs now. It makes no sense unless there is a change.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 13
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Success said:

How many games where the defense FOLDS at the end.  I don't care how well they play in the 1st quarter.

We have to move on.  We're likely missing the playoffs now. It makes no sense unless there is a change.  

Nice that you guys caught on 2 years too late. But at least you're there now. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Most people will not join where I've been for a couple of years.

This was a classic big, close, exciting game...that the Bills lose.

It's what McDermott does.

Get rid of him THIS YEAR and get the rebuild going sooner than later.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve been saying for years that the stats have always been misleading when it comes to the defense under McDermott. They play great when the Bills have a big lead and blow teams out, but if the game is close they almost always seem to fold like a house of cards when it matters most. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Success said:

Can’t believe it took you this long, but we welcome all Fire McClap supporters with open arms.

Welcome to the club.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A lot of things in this game kind of highlighted the problems with McDermott, and while it got even harder there's still a path for the Bills to make the playoffs. Because as much as this sucked one thing seemed somewhat clear Brady and the offense wasn't a complete fluke they could absolutely go on a run, especially if we're not having as ridiculous Reffed a game as that was.

Focusing on McDermott, things that bugged me in this game his reaction to the refs, I get not wanting to make things worse, but when Allen got horse collared and they called a penalty on him and McDermott was talking to them politely, it was like "WTF am I watching here get in there face there being ***** ridiculous!" The defense in the first half was great they shut the Eagles down extremely well. The defense towards the end of the game was the same as always, it's like why do we change what works. I find myself thinking the same thing I think about burning clock it doesn't matter if it's passing or running you have to get first downs and keep the ball to burn clock and prevent D only works if you actually prevent them from moving the ball. If you're defense devolves into being so scared of the big play that it gets carved up inside and they just hurry up and hustle as they dink and dunk down into FG range what's even the point. Then once their down in the redzone and your defense is gassed from being worked down the field hopefully they don't break and give up a TD. 😒

The decision to kneel out the 20 seconds was aggravating, we have Josh Allen they have no timeouts be aggressive take some shots knowing you can't risk turning the ball over and maybe you give yourself a chance to win the game. McDermott was lucky we even won the coin toss and have some more missed calls and a bad route to be angry at, though we still got watch his standard soft prevent defense prevent nothing.

It's frustrating because in a lot of ways he's been a very good coach he has made a great culture here and is overall a good defensive coach. But I don't know it's like he's trying too hard to make the right decision instead of just doing it, like he doesn't have that killer instinct for it maybe? Like he has it at times as a DC he can call some great defensive schemes but his feel for when to do things in the game just feels off, like when he'll have us switch to a clock burning offense when we're up by 14 at the start of the second half of a game when we should probably try and make sure to get up by more than 2 scores.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.