Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

20 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Not to mention he wasted two time outs, they could of had 20 seconds and 3 time outs but dumbazz wasted them as usual.

What good would extra time outs do in that situation? You are working against the clock not lack of TOs

McD needs to go. It’s OVER.

0-6 in OT. Defense chokes nearly every single time they need to stop a game winning drive.

In retrospect, he should have been fired after 13 seconds.

Thanks for turning the franchise around, now GTFO

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Romo said in that situation you should always cut to the middle. Take it for what’s it’s worth.

Yep - it was the same exact play as the KC playoff game TD (4th one by Davis) with 13 seconds left.  Middle of field was left open and he should have broken that way.  Just another play out of about 10 that we messed up on that would have won it for us. Teams takes on the personality of it's HC and loses these types of games, unfortunately.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

anyone know what McDermott is doing with a playsheet covering his face when the offense is on the field  Never seen a defensive HC that involved on offense

Pure speculation- I would guess he wanted more runs.

They seemed to run the ball a lot more in the 2nd half with Josh under centre.

Brady is knowing for having a spread offence.

Again, pure speculation so I have no idea what I’m saying is true- 

But I think if you put two in two together, it would make sense

Very disappointing outcome, but proud of this team.

The defense played an incredible first half, but continues to struggle to play a full 60 without Milano, White, Jones, (and Von). Our Poyer/Hyde combination is good. We had a run where they were elite and they are not.

The offense is so frustrating when they run for a yard between the tackles on first down. But putting up 34, having a huge TD drive when it counted. The one turnover was frustrating as an outcome, but was Allen targeting Diggs on an intermediate pass which is something I never disagree with. Allen taking off and running was awesome and so much better than the Bledsoe 2.0 they had been coaching for a while.

I thought this was a well coached game. I am someone who doesn't at all want coaching turnover except for the already realized Dorsey. Bad breaks on the officiating, and having an opponent hit a 59 yarder in the rain, make it even tougher.

This team is clearly a disappointment to this point, and losing to NYJ, NE are much more crushing than losing in OT on the road to the Eagles.

We are very much alive for the playoffs and playing like we deserve to be there. We have a big (but not must-win) game coming off the bye, and that one will be fun. Don't jump off the bandwagon yet, as crushing as this one was.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

People love to pick and choose moments after losses that point to the reason that they believe the reason to be. Just be sure to lay it all out there:

Allen INT in own field, defense holds to 3. That’s more gifted points on the O IMO

So your take away from today is the L is on Josh ? Got ya…

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

What good would extra time outs do in that situation? You are working against the clock not lack of TOs

If gives you the entire field on a multitude of plays rather then just the sidelines. And an extra TO so that you're not rushed on the FG attempt setup if needed. 

49 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I got nothing left

That's ok, I got plenty.

That second half was the Bills coaching staff getting pantsed by the Eagles coaching staff who can actually adapt and craft plays to attack the Bills strategy of "we do what we do"

The Bills gameplan for the week was excellent I thought, save for the remnant 3rd-and-short shotgun draws. They kicked the crap out out Philly the entire first half and somehow (mainly refs) led by only 10. But the second half... oh the second half. There's at least a half dozen plays that were 100% scheme success by the Eagles coaches - mainly on offense but including the robber gamble on the INT probably dictated by the Bills tendencies and throttling of Josh to take the short throws. The outside corner completely abandoned his coverage based on the the formation and patterns, because as was said last season they "knew where the ball was going." That said, a lot of what the Bills did, the Eagles - a 9-1 Super Bowl team - had no answer for. When the Bills needed to throw, they threw. When they needed to run, they ran. If by some miracle they get into the playoffs and literally anyone makes gameday coaching decisions besides McDumdum they could easily go 7-seed-to-SB, but methinks they'll be tanked by the brass somewhere on the way. 

It takes an unbelievably bad head coach with a pathological need for his special unit - the defense - to be the star of the show even when he's getting killed by 2nd half adjustments. The concept of EV (expected value) or expected points per play, whatever - it's not a surprise the Bills are near the top in this category on Offense and Defense. if you look at the straight up numbers, they should be anywhere from 11-1 to 8-4 at the VERY worst. It's amazing they're top 5 in every stat that matters except win, where they're 10th... in the CONFERENCE.

The problem is coaching, and coaching decisions. Almost everything McDummy on game day does puts his thumb on the scale the wrong way. A game that plays out like today's game, the Bills win probably 8 out of 10 times. But McDummy takes away a couple percent here, a couple percent there with game time decisions every game, and continues running his scheme out like an invincible idiot once it's solved. Everyone knows McDummy is going to dial up pressure in key situation so have your blitz beaters ready, and the got beat over and over on the most critical, game-altering downs in the 2nd half.

It's unconscionable at this point that a franchise with a cheat code at the most critical position in sports can lose the games they've lost, in the way they've lost them, for 3 ***** years now. This is not an aberration; this is who McDummy is. He'd rather lose on the last play than win by 30 because "muh complementary football." It's time for him to go after he bumbles and mucks his way to an 8-9 season in the absolute prime of an unprecedented talent at QB, which is nigh impossible except for an arch-fool at the helm.

Pass the strawberries.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I fully expected to lose this game. I feel absolutely horrible for Allen playing that good, and losing. McDermott has a hard on for terrible coaching at the end of games. It's really unbelievable that in his 6 years here, he still hasent figured out how to handle the end of a close game. I'll say this, and you can all kill me, but if the bills keep playing like that, they can absolutely win out. Is it likely? No, but thats the offense this team needs to win. We lost this game for one reason today - coach McDermott. 

Well, I would say where the hell have you been the last 4 years if you "expected" the Bills to lose.  I thought the Bills had a very good chance to win this game and I hoped the weather wouldn't be the deciding factor.  I'm not sure how about half the Bills fans seemed to expect a loss here.  Bills obviously showed they can play with anyone in the NFL and they are a dangerous team if they make the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Lol, I’m assuming you are being sarcastic? But just in case you aren’t, having your timeouts means you can throw to the middle of the field and possibly even underneath once. Changes how the defense needs to play you.

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

That's ok, I got plenty.

That second half was the Bills coaching staff getting pantsed by the Eagles coaching staff who can actually adapt and craft plays to attack the Bills strategy of "we do what we do"

The Bills gameplan for the week was excellent I thought, save for the remnant 3rd-and-short shotgun draws. They kicked the crap out out Philly the entire first half and somehow (mainly refs) led by only 10. But the second half... oh the second half. There's at least a half dozen plays that were 100% scheme success by the Eagles coaches - mainly on offense but including the robber gamble on the INT probably dictated by the Bills tendencies and throttling of Josh to take the short throws. The outside corner completely abandoned his coverage based on the the formation and patterns, because as was said last season they "knew where the ball was going." That said, a lot of what the Bills did, the Eagles - a 9-1 Super Bowl team - had no answer for. When the Bills needed to throw, they threw. When they needed to run, they ran. If by some miracle they get into the playoffs and literally anyone makes gameday coaching decisions besides McDumdum they could easily go 7-seed-to-SB, but methinks they'll be tanked by the brass somewhere on the way. 

It takes an unbelievably bad head coach with a pathological need for his special unit - the defense - to be the star of the show even when he's getting killed by 2nd half adjustments. The concept of EV (expected value) or expected points per play, whatever - it's not a surprise the Bills are near the top in this category on Offense and Defense. if you look at the straight up numbers, they should be anywhere from 11-1 to 8-4 at the VERY worst. It's amazing they're top 5 in every stat that matters except win, where they're 10th... in the CONFERENCE.

The problem is coaching, and coaching decisions. Almost everything McDummy on game day does puts his thumb on the scale the wrong way. A game that plays out like today's game, the Bills win probably 8 out of 10 times. But McDummy takes away a couple percent here, a couple percent there with game time decisions every game, and continues running his scheme out like an invincible idiot once it's solved. Everyone knows McDummy is going to dial up pressure in key situation so have your blitz beaters ready, and the got beat over and over on the most critical, game-altering downs in the 2nd half.

It's unconscionable at this point that a franchise with a cheat code at the most critical position in sports can lose the games they've lost, in the way they've lost them, for 3 ***** years now. This is not an aberration; this is who McDummy is. He'd rather lose on the last play than win by 30 because "muh complementary football." It's time for him to go after he bumbles and mucks his way to an 8-9 season in the absolute prime of an unprecedented talent at QB, which is nigh impossible except for an arch-fool at the helm.

Pass the strawberries.

I would like to nominate this for post of the year. (note- I bolded the parts that make this post deserve post of the year honors)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.