McD’s defense is not clutch

Einstein

• Einstein changed the title to McD’s defense is not clutch

He’s a choke artist. Please explain to me the point of having a defensive minded head coach whose defense never shows up against legitimate offenses? Injury narrative played out, we have three starting corners, two starting safeties, and way too much money tied up into a primarily healthy DL… and they give up 37 in the rain. Bye McDermott, give Brady the job.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

There's no other coach in the NFL that has an elite QB that would have taken that 2nd timeout knowing if the FG is good, they get the ball back with around 20 seconds and two timeouts. 

He's a coward and a piece of trash. How many more of these late game meltdowns to people need to see?

taking 2 timeout on Defense, rather than saving them for your all star quarterback is really McD’s tenure in a nutshell

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Poyer just stood there 

He and Hyde should not be on the roster next season.  Same with Dodson.  Have to hope for a massive rebound for Taron Johnson, as he's been brutal for most of the season.

I don't know how people here - despite the evidence - make excuse after excuse for the play of the defense when trying to close out games.  What will the excuses be this week?  Had two opportunities to stop PHI, and came up empty....as usual.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wasnt it all Leslie Frazier’s fault? That’s what geniuses told me all offseason. 

Not me. I kept telling everyone that my Carolina buddy said the Defense was not going to be much different in terms of scheme and results. 

that being said, we definitely are more aggressive under McDermitt. But in clutch time. We always go into that shell, keeping everyone in front of the sticks. Which is exactly what our defense did under Frazier. And we have lost several games now doing that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

There's no other coach in the NFL that has an elite QB that would have taken that 2nd timeout knowing if the FG is good, they get the ball back with around 20 seconds and two timeouts. 

He's a coward and a piece of trash. How many more of these late game meltdowns to people need to see?

He is gutless period!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.