Week 12: buy, sell, hold Iggles edition

boyst

Hello and happy Thanksgiving to all of us Americans! To everyone else, enjoy your Thursday.

Week 11 brought us some high vibes so let's see what your thoughts are...as for me:

Buy: Josh Allen. He said it. He's back. If that's the case he is unstoppable.

Sell: Knox. I don't see where or when he will fit back in with this team. Since his brothers tragedy he's not been the same.

Hold: Davis. His stock can't get worse. It cannot get better. He has talent. I don't know when we will see it again but his long down field shots are there and against the Eagles I think he has a chance.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

I think they need to SELL Davis. Kincaid is the clear #2 and should continue to be targeted as such.

HOLD on Jimbo Cook. His production needs to continue to be steady, no off games or fumbles. We need to lean on the running game and the passes in the flat.

BUY Josh. It's our only hope. It starts and ends with him. If he doesn't play well we will lose. Doesn't matter what anyone else does. Put all your chips on him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Buy - Tyrel Dodson.  Good upside, priced low, shows improvement every week.  Hoping he can build on the Jest performance.

Sell - Gilliam. Cold, but this is a calculated profit-taking move.  Stock not likely to go much higher than AFC ST POW.

Hold - Dalton "Reuben" Kincaid.  Solid performer, good dividend, worth keeping in your portfolio. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Buy- Joe Freaking Brady. Yup, it's one game so far, but if that's the way he called a game after not doing it for almost 2 years, sign me up.

Sell- Taron Johnson. I know he's good, but he's really had an unimpressive season to me this far. I'm out while there's still some value here.

Hold- Flame away, but Von Miller. We are back to Thanksgiving, one year from the injury. He's still coming back and still is coming back. 2 weeks from now he's going to look different. I'll take ALLL the Von stock.

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Hello and happy Thanksgiving to all of us Americans! To everyone else, enjoy your Thursday.

Week 11 brought us some high vibes so let's see what your thoughts are...as for me:

Sell: Knox. I don't see where or when he will fit back in with this team. Since his brothers tragedy he's not been the same.

Hold: Davis. His stock can't get worse. It cannot get better. He has talent. I don't know when we will see it again but his long down field shots are there and against the Eagles I think he has a chance.

Knox should be played more like a “flex” player, they should do some two TE stuff of course but I would also like to see Knox play fullback and be used like the 49ers use their FB. Knox is a very good blocker so he has a lot of versatility. They can also put Kincaid in the slot and Knox at TE.

Knox shouldn’t be reinserted fully as a starter but if Brady wants to add more “wrinkles” to the offense during the bye week adding in some unique formations and plays for Knox would be a great way to add more to the offense. 

I’m buying, the eagles aren’t going to take us seriously, to their detriment, Joe Brady and staff will be “Cook”ing up some awesome Kincaid sauce with a heaping side of Diggs, and a sprinkling of Shakir and Davis to spice things up, 

GO  BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Not sure if this is a fantasy football thing---I don't play anymore but I think Shakir is going to used a lot with Brady.

It's not a fantasy thing... Sort of.

It's just pretending the players, positions, groups, or even other teams/players/groups...coaches... Anything really if you want to... Are stocks. Sometimes you sell high, sometimes you sell before it tanks more. There are no real rules. You don't need to be exact, or keep a tally. You can make it up as you go just based on your feelings of who is worth buying this week, next week, any time really. Who you would sell. And who you want to hold for value. 

• Like (+1) 1

The ship has sailed for both Knox & Davis.  Shakir will absorb the majority of Gabe's targets and Kincaid the same from Knox.  Dawson will still be used to babysit Spencer but he's never seeing TE1 targets again.  

Josh always had the talent to be elite, but Dorsey proved a bad OC can ruin him.  Hopefully Joe is the answer?  Cook just needs to work on fumbles and Beane needs to work on drafting Odunze.

12 hours ago, boyst said:

Buy:  Joe Brady - The differences in how he ran the offense were clear as day.  And I don’t think it’s a fluke.  I do think his stock is on the rise.  If we beat Phi, KC, and Dallas and the offense is rolling in and Jose games, he is going to start having a strong case to have “interim” removed from his title. 

Sell:  Gabe Davis - While I don’t expect no catches every week, guys like Kincaid, Shakir, and Cook are earning their reps in the pass games.  We still have Knox coming back too.  There is only so many footballs to go around and Davis is quickly falling down the pecking order for Josh.

Hold:  The Defense - It’s been playing well, Rasul and Linval are living up to their excitement of adding them, which is great/. But, we have 3 top end offenses in a row this D needs will face, and there aren’t any Zack Wilson’s on the other side of the field.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Buy:  Ed Oliver.  Guy is playing out of his mind and that contract many of us begrudged looks like a bargain. 

Sell:  Von Miller.  He's washed.  It's not his fault but he's a liability out there right now.

Hold:  Joe Brady.  It's just one game.  

Buy - Khalil Shakir ... He's starting to get more targets than Davis and making the most of them.

Sell - Von Miller ... Sell him before he tears another ACL or an Achilles. The rare times I see him on the field this year I just expect another year long IR and recovery.

Hold - Dawson Knox ... Lets see what he can do in a non Dorsey Offense.

On 11/23/2023 at 12:54 PM, boyst said:

I think it’s pretty crappy to say that Knox’s play has anything to do with his late brother.  

His stats in 2021 and 2022 are basically identical sans a few touchdown receptions.  

He’s dropped some big passes this season but I’m not sure whether that’s related to the wrist injury that put him on IR.  

Regardless, unless Brady can figure out how to make 12 personnel work, Knox is in a bit of a weird position when he returns.  The offense functions better with Kincaid at TE, but Knox’s contract makes it near impossible to move on in 2024.  So at worst, he’s a highly paid TE2

Edited by JohnNord
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JohnNord said:

I think it’s pretty crappy to say that Knox’s play has anything to do with his late brother.  

His stats in 2021 and 2022 are basically identical sans a few touchdown receptions.  

He’s dropped some big passes this season but I’m not sure whether that’s related to the wrist injury that put him on IR.  

Regardless, unless Brady can figure out how to make 12 personnel work, Knox is in a bit of a weird position when he returns.  His contract makes it near impossible to move on in 2024.  So at worst, he’s a highly paid TE2

I am not saying they're down because of his brother. I'm saying he has not been like himself since his brother. A very dear friend of mine died by suicide. His brother quit football in the middle of his junior year for a few weeks to come back and eventually go pro for 4 or 5 years. I know the toll it takes on people and an athlete. I hope it isn't the issue with Knox and I hope he and his family are at peace. But, I remain firm that he hasn't played like he was himself since that event. 

• Vomit 2

58 minutes ago, boyst said:

I am not saying they're down because of his brother. I'm saying he has not been like himself since his brother. A very dear friend of mine died by suicide. His brother quit football in the middle of his junior year for a few weeks to come back and eventually go pro for 4 or 5 years. I know the toll it takes on people and an athlete. I hope it isn't the issue with Knox and I hope he and his family are at peace. But, I remain firm that he hasn't played like he was himself since that event. 

Did Knox's brother commit suicide?  I never heard an actual cause.

22 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Buy:  Joe Brady - The differences in how he ran the offense were clear as day.  And I don’t think it’s a fluke.  I do think his stock is on the rise.  If we beat Phi, KC, and Dallas and the offense is rolling in and Jose games, he is going to start having a strong case to have “interim” removed from his title. 

Sell:  Gabe Davis - While I don’t expect no catches every week, guys like Kincaid, Shakir, and Cook are earning their reps in the pass games.  We still have Knox coming back too.  There is only so many footballs to go around and Davis is quickly falling down the pecking order for Josh.

Hold:  The Defense - It’s been playing well, Rasul and Linval are living up to their excitement of adding them, which is great/. But, we have 3 top end offenses in a row this D needs will face, and there aren’t any Zack Wilson’s on the other side of the field.  

WEll you want to Buy Joe Brady and sell Gabe Davis, Gabe Davis, the same guy Brady said he was the player of the game.  A bit of a logical inconsistency.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Actually I would BUY on Davis. As you said stock can't get much lower -- and after the bye he gets the Chiefs, against whom he has historically excelled. (Then sell him after the Chiefs game)

Davis is just due for a pretty big game. He hasn’t had a big game since Tampa Bay which was about a month ago. The track record of Davis this year and last is usually a big (or at least impactful) game every 3-4 weeks and then a weeks long disappearing act. So just by that pattern he probably has 1-2 more big games left in him.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Ok explain how he hasn’t been himself…because his output in 2021 essentially matched 2022.

This season he’s dropped passed but I don’t think you can say that’s related his brother.    Omelette insensitive

9 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Ok explain how he hasn’t been himself…because his output in 2021 essentially matched 2022.

This season he’s dropped passed but I don’t think you can say that’s related his brother.    Omelette insensitive

I don't look at stats as a necessary barometer to gauge a player's contribution. They are a factor but not the sole of judgments in my opinion.

29 minutes ago, boyst said:

I don't look at stats as a necessary barometer to gauge a player's contribution. They are a factor but not the sole of judgments in my opinion.

Ok so…explain how Knox has “not been the same?”  Because to me, he seems to be the same player he’s been since 2021. Much like Gabe, I do feel the Bills hoped he’d take a bigger step forward.  It hasn’t happened.  

But there’s no evidence to say it’s related to his brother.  

BUY Kincaid!

Philly biggest weakness early in the season was their inside backers.  They’ve prayed that a castaway like Myles Jack would work out (he didn’t) and now they want in on Shaq Leonard.   Result is a defense that struggles badly to defending TE’s.

The strength of their defense is a super physical DL.  I think a key part of the game plan might be getting the ball to Kincaid and Cook to beat pressure.  Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lenny is up this week.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

WEll you want to Buy Joe Brady and sell Gabe Davis, Gabe Davis, the same guy Brady said he was the player of the game.  A bit of a logical inconsistency.

One, I posted that before Brady said that. Two, I sold him as a featured pass catcher, not as a run blocker.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.