No hot water in showers after game NYG @ WAS…

LabattBlue

• LabattBlue changed the title to No hot water in showers after game NYG @ WAS…

First world problems. When I lived overseas in Russia where I taught English, heat was turned off by the central heating authority in the summer (heat is pumped in to apartments by a central government location) so I had to take cold showers daily for months. The fact there's complaints about this from grown men is pure first world softness. America is going downhill. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

First world problems. When I lived overseas in Russia where I taught English, heat was turned off by the central heating authority in the summer (heat is pumped in to apartments by a central government location) so I had to take cold showers daily for months. The fact there's complaints about this from grown men is pure first world softness. America is going downhill. 

We are falling behind to cold water countries!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

I used to walk barefoot to school in the snow.....

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Did you have to walk up hill both ways to school when you were a kid? 

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

that's what you get for teaching english in russia.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Enough wodka and it starts to feel hot!

21 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Did you have to walk up hill both ways to school when you were a kid? 

I grew up in a rural small snowbelt WNY town and had to walk about a mile up my family's  stone drive way (wooded drive way) to the bus stop and stand there in numerous snow storms for anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes (bus driver was often late in the winter and drove like a maniac) due to my school never closing during a snow storm (sat on a bus for 3 hours one morning because we got stuck in the snow during a storm). There was no waiting inside for the bus to come and then walking out (like I see kids doing now)...

So yes soft generation now a days....

Edited by ProcessImproverMan
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

I grew up in a rural small snowbelt WNY town and had to walk about a mile up my family's  stone drive way (wooded drive way) to the bus stop and stand there in numerous snow storms for anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes (bus driver was often late in the winter and drove like a maniac) due to my school never closing during a snow storm (sat on a bus for 3 hours one morning because we got stuck in the snow during a storm). There was no waiting inside for the bus to come and then walking out (like I see kids doing now)...

So yes soft generation now a days....

Deriving your self worth from your ability to withstand cold temperatures as a child is an interesting perspective and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Deriving your self worth from your ability to withstand cold temperatures as a child is an interesting perspective and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I just don't feel bad about people who make millions of dollars who had to deal with a rare cold shower when many many people lack such monetary privileges and deal with similar or worse conditions....Older generations of football players dealt with worse for much less pay if you read accounts from NFL history.....I still love football but the league has gotten soft since the 70s-90s.....Today's generation of NFL players are the most pampered out of all generations and something like this wouldn't have been a story decades ago (think Ronnie Lott who chopped off part of a limb to play or Emmitt Smith who played with a separated shoulder or Favre who played with numerous broken limbs and concussions would have complained about cold water? No lol)

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

I just don't feel bad about people who make millions of dollars who had to deal with a rare cold shower when many many people lack such monetary privileges and deal with similar or worse conditions....Older generations of football players dealt with worse for much less pay if you read accounts from NFL history.....I still love football but the league has gotten soft since the 70s-90s.....Today's generation of NFL players are the most pampered out of all generations and something like this wouldn't have been a story decades ago (think Ronnie Lott who chopped off part of a limb to play or Emmitt Smith who played with a separated shoulder or Favre who played with numerous broken limbs and concussions would have complained about cold water? No lol)

Fair, flip side is a billionaire POS treated that stadium like a slumlord in a pretty ritzy area. See the railing collapse last year?

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Its barely a story today even with 24/7 digital media.  In the linked article no player even complained or discussed the cold shower.   The Commanders spokesperson reported the stadium malfunction.  You are simply looking for an opportunity to launch into a well rehearsed rant about the downfall of western society. 

These guys sit in ice baths and cryo freeze themselves to recover.  Back in your day they smoked a pack of Marb Reds and drank a 12 pack of Billy Beer.  You really think they can't handle a little cold?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.