Who was behind the decision to fire Dorsey?

MarkKelso'sHelmet

Who was behind the decision to fire Dorsey?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was really behind the decision to fire Dorsey?

• McDermott
    • Pegula
    • Beane
    • Players (lost locker room forced the issue)

well if they dont turn it around he's next  Ultimately he is responsible   Not helping his case is injuries some bad player moves by Beane and Josh Allen not being able to curtail the turnovers  Nothing to be done about player moves we made and injuries but time  Our hope is Joe Brady is able to call a more qb friendly offense and settle Allen down

My conspiracy theory (which I hope is true for specific reasons) is Terry Pegula forced the issue, if anything to send a subtle message to Allen, Beane and McDummy.

Because if there was ever time for him to be a meddlesome owner it's now and can't imagine this cat is happy watching a team with one of the highest payrolls in the NFL flounder like this especially after he gave both Beane and McD unwarranted extensions.

So if I'm remotely right this will also be why he's likely already exploring replacement options when as the inevitable plays out in this meaningless string of 7 games left in a wasted season.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

My conspiracy theory (which I hope is true for specific reasons) is Terry Pegula forced the issue, if anything to send a subtle message to Allen, Beane and McDummy.

Because if there was ever time for him to be a meddlesome owner it's now and can't imagine this cat is happy watching a team with one of the highest payrolls in the NFL flounder like this especially after he gave both Beane and McD unwarranted extensions.

So if I'm remotely right this will also be why he's likely already exploring replacement options when as the inevitable plays out in this meaningless string of 7 games left in a wasted season.

I'm not a betting man, and even I would bet big money that Pegula has already reached out to the same consulting service he used to find McDermott.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Again, firing someone has the opposite affect. It brings attention to shortcomings.

Indeed. In fact, although I have never been a big McCoach fan, I have not wanted the Bills to get rid of him until yesterday.

My comment related to McC's motivation. 

I am done with McClappy. I cannot bear listening to his BS anymore. It is a shame that the Bills extended his contract. It is time for him to go.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

Indeed. In fact, although I have never been a big McCoach fan, I have not wanted the Bills to get rid of him until yesterday.

My comment related to McC's motivation. 

I am done with McClappy. I cannot bear listening to his BS anymore. It is a shame that the Bills extended his contract. It is time for him to go.

I’ve found myself tired of a lot of things this year. I think some players and coaches have been here too long.

• Like (+1) 2

Let me preface this by saying Dorsey clearly struggled these last 2 years and needed to be replaced.  But he had nothing to do with 12 men, or 13 Sec, or blowing that late 16-0 lead in Houston.  Sean has his own issues and it's well documented.  His in game management and preparation is inconsistent.  His concerted decision to emphasize D over O these last 6 years has absolutely effected our offense. " Josh you go out and be Superman while I continue to build my Defense"....this team from Day1 needed to be built around it's best player.  And other than Diggs, that didn't happen until last season with Torrence & Kincaid.  Most of the offensive fa's brought in by Beane have been useless.  I'm encouraged that we'll have a new set of eyes running the offense.  But I'm not naive enough to ignore more underlying issues with McDermott.  

• Like (+1) 1

Why do people complicate things and try and create narratives?

McD said straight out it was his decision alone, stop trying to invent new narratives when they straight tell you the answer.  

And it was a move that needed to happen given how poorly the offense is playing and how inconstant the offense has been in scoring points.  When a super power offense on a team with SB expectations averages about 8-10 points LESS per week for 6 straight weeks (and it’s actually 14 points less than the offense avg first 4 weeks) causing you to have a losing record against the weakest stretch of opponents on your schedule…you lose your job.  That is the NFL.  

Don’t like it, then don’t suck and do a better job.  Dorsey earned this firing as he has been unable to fix whatever is holding the offense back as this offense has shown for a long time it can score a lot of points.  Dorsey could not get it back to scoring points consistently and Dorsey was let go.  It’s not rocket science here.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My opinion, McDermott had already made the decision to fire Dorsey before the post game press conference.  Go back and listen to how he answers the questions regarding the offense.  Look at his body language as he’s talking.  He had already made the decision as we was talking to the media.  Not a doubt in my mind.

10 hours ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

McDermott claimed it was him and him alone. But I wonder if that's the truth. Your thoughts?

He did say something on his interview with the media day yesterday that it was "tough to share that news with [Ken Dorsey]"

Couldn't tell if that was a lapsus linguae and it was someone else's decision despite saying in the same interview that it was his decision, or if that was just how he worded it.

Idk!

16 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

He did say something on his interview with the media day yesterday that it was "tough to share that news with [Ken Dorsey]"

Couldn't tell if that was a lapsus linguae and it was someone else's decision despite saying in the same interview that it was his decision, or if that was just how he worded it.

Idk!

After the Bengals game I wondered if this was what he wanted to do but still needed permission to from ownership which is maybe what he got after this latest cluster*****, who knows. Either way though McDermott was never not going to find it to be tough to share that news with Dorsey, everything we've seen about him indicates he cares a lot about his players and coaches. Firing one of them would have been a pretty bad day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.