Broncos @ Bills - Postgame Thread

Simon

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Dorsey had interviewed for OC before so he wasn't just some guy Josh picked.  Tonight wasn't on Dorsey though.  Four turnovers, crucial drops, a bad game by Allen, and horrible special teams play did them in.

Dorsey has his share of blame. He doesn’t call a good game, he should’ve run more. He insisted with throwing. Guys a bum

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Wide Right

Music City Miracle

Just Give it To ‘Em

13 Seconds

12 Men

what am I missing?

Hail Murray

The Wind Game

There's been a lot more heartbreakers that don't have nicknames which is why I've taken to drinking bleach.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My prediction is come tomorrow after meeting with Beane, the Bills fire Dorsey. McDermott has the rest of the season to get the team under control or he’s out. Playoffs are out of the question, unless some miracle happens. If McDermott wants any chance of remaining HC next season he has to get the offense clicking and Dorsey has shown he can’t make that happen. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Hail Murray

The Wind Game

There's been a lot more heartbreakers that don't have nicknames which is why I've taken to drinking bleach.

does Week 17 2004 against Pittsburgh have a colloquial name?  I don’t think it does (yet)… hmm.

Just now, Bill51390 said:

My prediction is come tomorrow after meeting with Beane, the Bills fire Dorsey. McDermott has the rest of the season to get the team under control or he’s out. Playoffs are out of the question, unless some miracle happens. If McDermott wants any chance of remaining HC next season he has to get the offense clicking and Dorsey has shown he can’t make that happen. 

no they need Dorsey to throw under the bus after the season  They can him now who can McDermott blame? 

• Like (+1) 1

The thing that really is sticking with me is why does Allen keep making the same stupid throws week in and week out all of a sudden?

The second INT that he threw towards Harty was the same throw that got picked off last week by the Bengals and the same mistake(throwing the ball too inside), but the guy wasn't open to begin with...

Then he almost threw another INT to Kincaid where the defender was out of bounds because he couldn't get his 2nd foot down that was the exact same INT he threw in the Patriot game when he tried to hit Knox on the first play of the game.

WTF is he doing?  Why isn't he learning from his mistakes and why does he keep making the same ones over and over again? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

They'll double down with McDermott and the roster of broken down expensive defenders and spend their top picks on defense and run it back in 24. 

New OC probably. Maybe a free agent WR who will never play 

Right now it looks like they could be a 7/8 win team.  That will get them a decent pick maybe top 15.  

Just now, Big Turk said:

The thing that really is sticking with me is why does Allen keep making the same stupid throws week in and week out all of a sudden?

The second INT that he threw towards Harty was the same throw that got picked off last week by the Bengals and the same mistake(throwing the ball too inside), but the guy wasn't open to begin with...

Then he almost threw another INT to Kincaid where the defender was out of bounds because he couldn't get his 2nd foot down that was the exact same INT he threw in the Patriot game when he tried to hit Knox on the first play of the game.

WTF is he doing?  Why isn't he learning from his mistakes and why does he keep making the same ones over and over again? 

It’s the way the play is designed. Dorsey straight up calls the identical play over and over and over 

4 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Dorsey has his share of blame. He doesn’t call a good game, he should’ve run more. He insisted with throwing. Guys a bum

God if there was ever a game to pound the run attack,  it was tonight.  All 3 td drives had heavy running. All the other garbage empty drives reeked of Dorsey confused nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

I think a problem is we have loser, soft players. Gabe Davis is a complete utter loser. Scumbag wouldn’t even talk to the media even after yet another pitiful effort.

Scumbag?   He’s frustrating but to call someone a scumbag over a football game is a little immature and harsh 

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

Scumbag?   He’s frustrating to call someone a scumbag over a football game is a little immature and harsh 

Im sorry, I have no respect for a guy who dogs it out there and who can’t hang on to a simple slant in the red zone, then won’t even own up for it. 

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I have more faith in Dorsey than McDermott now, purely because of his “score too fast” comment. McDermott will try and have the offense under even more of a leash than it is now and, as it is, it’s a mess.

Except running the ball was the correct game plan today and he refused to do it.

Just now, Roundybout said:

It’s the way the play is designed. Dorsey straight up calls the identical play over and over and over 

How about don't make the throw if the guy isn't actually open? Or throw it to someone else?  Or run(although I know he has been coached that running is bad)?  Or throw it out of bounds?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I have more faith in Dorsey than McDermott now, purely because of his “score too fast” comment. McDermott will try and have the offense under even more of a leash than it is now and, as it is, it’s a mess.

dude how can you have faith in any of them? neither of them can figure out and wont by the end of the season. its all lost

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How about don't make the throw if the guy isn't actually open? Or throw it to someone else?  Or run(although I know he has been coached that running is bad)?  Or throw it out of bounds?

I think he’s just trying to do SOMETHING out there.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

hard to believe since he is the winningest coach in franchise history, but if you say so.  

Looking back at history, the McDermott era is starting to resemble the 2nd Lou Saban era and the Chuck Knox era. They both got the Bills respectable after being horrible, made the playoffs but didn't get to the Super Bowl and then after a few years the goodness faded away. The Bills are 5-5 in the easy part of their schedule. At the very worst they should have been 7-3 in these 10 games and more likely 8-2. Now, a 6 or 7 win season is likely.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Im sorry, I have no respect for a guy who dogs it out there and who can’t hang on to a simple slant in the red zone, then won’t even own up for it. 

Except running the ball was the correct game plan today and he refused to do it.

Plus the question of why the Bills keep abandoning the fast tempo offense which works. I wonder if it was his decision to keep Cook off the field until midway through the second quarter after the fumble?

I won’t be crying if Dorsey goes, but only if it’s alongside McDermott. If they cut Dorsey and keep McDermott them the same issues will keep on happening.

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bitching about Allen under the circumstances is kind of like arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  The observations are true but so what. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

he keeps trying to throw that deep mesh concept  I think film has shown what the Bills do and we havent adapted  Players are dropping off and attacking that throw and Josh keep truing to thread the needle

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

he keeps trying to throw that deep mesh concept  I think film has shown what the Bills do and we havent adapted  Players are dropping off and attacking that throw and Josh keep truing to thread the needle

But the dudes aren't even open.  They are showing the view from behind the line and at no point were either of those players open enough to warrant them being thrown the ball.

• Agree 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Plus the question of why the Bills keep abandoning the fast tempo offense which works. I wonder if it was his decision to keep Cook off the field until midway through the second quarter after the fumble?

I won’t be crying if Dorsey goes, but only if it’s alongside McDermott. If they cut Dorsey and keep McDermott them the same issues will keep on happening.

The decision to keep Cook off the field for a full 3 series after the fumble should bite McD in the butt hard.  It was a deeply unprofessional response by the head coach.  He didn't treat Cook as a man or as a professional.  The sad part is that the clueless McD probably feels that his decision to punish Cook for the fumble is what motivated him later in the game.  The truth is that McD robbed a struggling offense of it's #1 RB for 3 critical series early in the game.

And I agree abut firing Dorsey but keeping McD.  It does nothing to address the real problem here.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

But the dudes aren't even open.  They are showing the view from behind the line and at no point were either of those players open enough to warrant them being thrown the ball.

yeah teams watch tape Think majority of his picks have come from that route concept  I agree he should not be throwing it but believe some of it bad play design  Maube those two routes are at much different depths the throw becomes more doable  Either way something they/he need to fix

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.