That tackle by Linval Joseph though

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, 14774 said:

The highlight of the game!

Yes, in itself.

But also showed us that the defense is still doing the things needed to win games, to step up.

The offense cannot, despite a lot of talent, and that is what is making the players look so dejected, shocked even.  So many obstacles are placed in their way that they CANNOT succeed.  They are losing hope, and dangerously, their confidence, as for some that may never come back fully. More than any other reason that is why a breath of fresh air is needed today.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

high crotch to single leg take down! Wrestling for the win

You beat me to it BB.  I just saw the highlight and thought of my wrestling days.

The defense is doing the best they can even with three devastating losses in Tre, Milano, and Jones.  Douglas and Joseph may replenish. to some degree, but the original three are not easily replaced.

As Mister Defense pointed out, the offense has been anemic and gets three and out way too often.  It stresses the defense being on the field for so long.  In the Bengals game, our defense was on the field in the first half for 21 minutes.  

I’ve been resistant to jump on the fire Dorsey rhetoric, but I’m coming around to it.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, colin said:

crazy how he was just sitting out there and is better than more or less any other line man we have in that game.  what the hell is the FO doing?

It takes two for a deal to get done. Didn’t he sign around a similar time with PHL last season ? These vets aren’t looking to sign with a team early. They wait for a call from a contender - probably after the trade deadline - then play half a season and make bank $$. It’s a smart strategy for older vets. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

It takes two for a deal to get done. Didn’t he sign around a similar time with PHL last season ? These vets aren’t looking to sign with a team early. They wait for a call from a contender - probably after the trade deadline - then play half a season and make bank $$. It’s a smart strategy for older vets. 

sure, but it's more a comment about how trash the players we added in the offseaon are.

hines and harty and ford combine to make what hopkins makes.  even if hines was playing, we aren't getting jack out of these guys.  i bet if we had hopkins we'd have at least two more wins.  instead we have gadget guys who aren't good and we don't use anyhow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

According to the salary cap tracker we’re paying him $522k for the remainder of the year - pretty good deal.

1 hour ago, colin said:

crazy how he was just sitting out there and is better than more or less any other line man we have in that game.  what the hell is the FO doing?

46 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah not sure what the holdup was.  Just saying I wish they could have added him sooner.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.