Harbaugh to Bills (Would it work?)

M. Wrotto

9 minutes ago, boater said:

Thank God T-Pegs runs the team and not fans.

We'd be on our 3rd coach for the season. 

16 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

if ya aint cheating, ya aint trying. charachter gets you 7-9 (see: Levy, Marv. Jauron, Dick) Gimme absolute thugs that bite, scratch, claw, and steal. 

You confused cheating with actual competence.  Does Andy Reid cheat? 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, M. Wrotto said:

We should offer Harbaugh 18 mil a year and have him hand pick a staff. What we have was nice 5 years ago, now we are barely treading water.

Jim? Are you familiar with Jim Harbaugh and his coaching philosophy?

I want no part of Harbaugh... And I'm a massive Michigan fan... No thank you...

• Agree 1

Whether Michigan keeps him around after this season or not, I think Harbaugh will be radioactive for other coaching jobs for some time between his personality and his opinion that rules are mere suggestions.  I think Harbaugh's college coaching career is all but over.  NFL, maybe, but it's likely the Bears.  

Nobody likes a dirty coach.  Those kinds of coaches usually make law firms rich.  

Just now, dpberr said:

Whether Michigan keeps him around after this season or not, I think Harbaugh will be radioactive for other coaching jobs for some time between his personality and his opinion that rules are mere suggestions.  I think Harbaugh's college coaching career is all but over.  NFL, maybe, but it's likely the Bears.  

Nobody likes a dirty coach.  Those kinds of coaches usually make law firms rich.  

Chicago is a good one. Could also see the Raiders. But agreed, that's about it.

Harbaugh is interesting.  Maybe he can come in with enough vigor to will the Bills to a championship in the first few years.  He has a fairly quick shelf life it seems.  

It is a non-fit though.  He is pretty much the opposite of who Terry Pegula wants working underneath him.  

I would kill for John Harbaugh to come in though.  He is highly rated, but I think he is the most under-appreciated NFL coach.  

16 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

$18 million a year huh? I’m sure Terry would totally do that.

I wouldn’t want him for free. Seriously, I just don’t like the guy. I wish Jim Schwartz had punched him in the face after Harbaugh smacked him on the back from behind following a game. 

Unless I got a piece of the action somehow, of course. I can be persuaded by cash.    😋

16 hours ago, Mango said:

Curious why all the downvotes. At the surface, this seems like low hanging fruit to say yes. 

But why do many no?

For me, it comes down to one thing…

His style can rub some people the wrong way and lose a team very quick. Especially if the success that’s expected isn’t met or he chooses a different avenue of life he wants; heart isn’t in it. 

There was a reason they gave Jim Tomsula, a beloved players coach, the job after he went to Michigan. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

How about the OL coach for the New Orleans Saints? https://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/coaches-roster/doug-marrone

On a serious note, how about the young OC in Houston? He's analytics-driven and worked under Shanahan. He even spent time as a PFF analyst. He's the exact type of young offensive mind that people here pine for: https://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches-roster/bobby-slowik

• Haha (+1) 1

I hear Belichick is available :P

I'd be stoked with Harbaugh tho. Those 49ers teams were resilient & found ways to win. Played true complimentary football. Seemed he gets the most out of his players. I'd prefer a coach like him to another unproven. Too much is on the line to try rookie coordinators & coaches imho

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.