Bills @ Bengals postgame thread

Simon

Realistically, we will probably not make the playoffs this year.  Our schedule is awful - Broncos, Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Chargers, Patriots, Dolphins.  We may be lucky to get to 9-8 this year with our depleted D and sputtering offense, but we can't make the playoffs every year and there are problems on the team this year.  We have a poor run game and we could use a better #2 receiver who can beat man coverage.

Edited by Murdox
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m wondering if this is as far as McD is going to take this group.  We’re just not good enough.  Defense has been OK, all things considered, I suppose.  But it doesn’t win us any meaningful games.   Offense takes too long to get into rhythm.  And every game is starting to require all things to break our way, such that if there’s a blown call, or a moronic challenge that we lose, we just can’t overcome it.  

Wondering? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just frustrating that Kincaid fumbled when the Bills had a margin for error that was so slim. The defense couldn’t get the ball back when they needed it. Overall I am upset but the Bills hung in with a hot team away not the worst outcome but also very disappointing that the Bills couldn’t get the offense going more consistent 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

McD is 7/29 on challenges. I don’t know who he takes advice from or what his process is for deciding when to challenge but it clearly doesn’t work.

Offense started strong but then fell back into a rut where things looked difficult. The fumble by Kincaid was a killer. 

Gabe Davis with absolutely no impact on the game whatsoever. I hope we don’t pay him.

Defensively, we are missing so many guys but McD has to understand that sending pressure rarely yields a positive result. 

I have little hope left for this season. I think at best we are a one and done WC team. 

McD and BB have been here for a long time and unfortunately things are starting to get stale. I don’t see us winning a SB with this current regime and at some point Pegula cant just be happy with making it to the playoffs. This team clearly isn’t what it was 3 years ago. It might very well be time for a new leader. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

With the Cowboys, Chiefs, Eagles, Chargers, Dolphins, as well as the Jets and Patriots who already beat us still to come. I think thats all she wrote on the 2023 Buffalo Bills. 

This team better gut the defense and add significant offensive weapons and a new OC this offseason. It clear we can make it work with less defensive talent. Clearly we can't with less offensive talent. If we don't do this we might as well trade Josh Allen to the Niners so we don't waste his career. 

So-so game against a good team.  O and D played well at times.  Can't lose turnover battle and be sloppy.

The D seems to be finding it's way in a post injury world, but clearly lacks the talent/speed to be top 5 anymore.

O clearly runs best when Allen gets to the line with 20+ seconds.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I know it will be all doom and gloom and fire everybody mood here right now but I don’t share it.

To me the team was prepared today, we fought a tough battle vs very good team on the road. We were not dominated. We had another key injury in Bernard early + Hyde late, Josh made one big mistake (INT), they had one great defensive play (Kincaid fumble).

I actually liked our offense. Shakir and Kincaid showed progress again. We need to incorporate new players into defense and finally stop having bad luck with key injuries. And once the playoff comes, Von Miller makes that key stop on 3rd down with 2 mins to go.

I think we just hit rock bottom record wise. Now every game is just a fight for a playoffs spot, and if we get there, which I have no doubt about, we will be battle tested and in form.

I believe in this team.

Prepared?  WTH game did you watch?  This team was woefully ill-prepared despite 10 days to be ready.  The defense was absolute swiss cheese and put them in a hole early and put all the pressure on the offense.  

We area BADLY coached team.  Period.  This team is going NOWHERE under the current staff.  A regime turnover is desperately needed.

Edited by Preds
  • Agree 3

Just now, Beast said:

I don’t.

They were absolutely dominated in the first half and that’s where the game was lost.

This team lost to the Patriots and lucked the hell out against Tampa and The Giants.

They are done. Stick a fork in ‘em.

It’s time to rebuild/re-tool.not enough difference makers on this team.

That’s where I’m at.  Especially on the defensive side of the ball.  Milano, oliver, Bernard, Rousseau, and Benford are back.  Beyond that, anyone is fair game.  

This is going to sound like heresy here, but maybe it is that this is as far as our quarterback is going to take us.  It’s fair to have the thought.  He’s far from the problem.  But perhaps we’ve seen the ceiling. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.