Why do you come to TSW & Post

Billsfan1972

I've been fartin' around on Bills forums since like 2002. Always just liked discussing the team and the sport in general. 

These days I tend to keep in mind that this stuff is supposed to be fun. No doubt I still get all the feels during games and stuff, and I'm not ignorant to issues the team may have. I just prefer not to really dwell on that stuff too much. When they lose it's a bummer, I don't need to keep it bummin' the whole week talking about why and what they gotta do and this and that. 

I'm really just indifferent to a lot of the negativity and real ridiculous criticisms and the kneejerk reactions, etc. So when like more than half the board blows up after a loss and it's just all blaaarrgh I tend to avoid it for a bit. 

There are a number of posters that seem like-minded to how I perceive things so I tend to gravitate towards reading and engaging with them. Some folks are pretty funny. I try to throw in some stupid dumb humor curve balls where I can. It's hit and miss haha. 

Like I said above, it's supposed to be fun. If fun for some folks is nitpicking the crap out of everything then I guess that's their thing ..weird, but you do you and all that. I used to get real uptight about this stuff too but the older I've gotten the more ways I've found to enjoy it and not get wrapped up in the bummer stuff or letting a loss affect my whole day or week. I guess there are different levels of passion for your home team. I try to keep it fun and level. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’m here for it all—love having a like minded community (a few trolls notwithstanding) to commiserate with, laugh with, and at the end of the day hopefully cry tears of joy with someday as our boys hoist a Lombardi…it’s great knowing we’re on this journey together, no matter our backgrounds. Keep it up!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

To amplify this point, it seemed that when Yolo was updating the board, we were getting credible league news as it broke.  Since Yolo stepped back from the role, there hasn't been the level of accuracy in stories, or multiple streams and credible sources regarding topics of discussion.  We kicked around an anonymous report from some shlub (the source, not our TSW member) over a Bills players only meeting that did / didn't occur, and we did it for way too many pages.  

Now, what Yolo was doing was far above what a volunteer 'call of duty' should be for a team's message board.  We are grateful for as long as the service was provided, and if nobody steps forward to fill the role, then the conversations will follow the subjects laid out, without the previous level of accuracy, or multiple sources presented.

All the same tweets are still being posted here.  Instead of by one person/bot, they are now coming from multiple posters.  Doesn’t make them any less factual. 

Edited by LabattBlue

51 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

All the same tweets are still being posted here.  Instead of by one person/bot, they are now coming from multiple posters.  Doesn’t make them any less factual. 

The fact that multiple posters now must fulfill the role makes one realize just how valuable Yolo's information gathering was. 

22 hours ago, Einstein said:

Ya know, I thought about making that same joke.

But I was concerned there may be a few posters that would offer me directions 🤣.

I used to think you had too many negative OP takes, but then you posted impressive pics of all your Bills lighting and decorations over the holidays one year, and ever since then have seen you in a different “light” 😊. That was a lot of effort to put up, are you going to do it again this year? 

34 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

all your Bills lighting and decorations over the holidays one year, and ever since then have seen you in a different “light” 😊. That was a lot of effort to put up, are you going to do it again this year? 

Of course! 
The sign just went up last week:

IMG-4180.jpg

And of course the halloween setup (sister nailed this).

IMG-4181.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I grew up in Cheektowaga but left the Buffalo area when I went to college and, other than a couple of brief stints early on, never looked back.  Since then, I've lived in the South, the Midwest, and on the West Coast, as well as spending time overseas.  But everywhere I went, I remained a Bills fan.  

In the old days, it was hard to get news about your hometown team when living out of state.  But the invention of the internet, and my discovery of TBD, were unexpected blessings.  

I enjoy the camaraderie of my mafia brethren, but it was the in-depth coverage and discussions that brought me here.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is an active forum that is year round. It has better and more up to date info than the Bills website. It’s a great 1 stop shop for bills and teams associated/relevant with the bills. It’s my go to everyday to see if something drastic happened in the NFL, specifically the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Prospector said:

This is an active forum that is year round. It has better and more up to date info than the Bills website. It’s a great 1 stop shop for bills and teams associated/relevant with the bills. It’s my go to everyday to see if something drastic happened in the NFL, specifically the Bills. 

I don't search out any other Bills sites.  

I just need a place to vent because while I know Bills fans, few a maniacal, and will find them here.

To keep the general public advised as to 'CFL legend class' current status.

Chad Kelly a living legend with the Argos.  Toronto hosts Eastern final on November 11, 3 pm.  Waiting for the TSW membership to call for his coronation as QB 2 at OBD.

Duke Williams back to shipping and receiving at the Rymal Road Canadian Tire, as of early September, 2023.

• Haha (+1) 1

Somehow reading this makes me feel better about this place.  Been here since 1998 because it was great having a place to get news on a team you love when living far from Buffalo.  More trolls now, but the honesty and takes in this thread are refreshing.

• Like (+1) 2

Born and raised in Southern California. I've never been to Buffalo. I can't just go down to a local bar and chat it up with Bills fans. There are none in my neck of the desert. TSW is the only place I can go to talk about this team that I inexplicably became a fan of in early 1989 (ironically the day they lost the AFCCC against the Bengals). So here I am Bills brothers and sisters. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

Born and raised in Southern California. I've never been to Buffalo. I can't just go down to a local bar and chat it up with Bills fans. There are none in my neck of the desert. TSW is the only place I can go to talk about this team that I inexplicably became a fan of in early 1989 (ironically the day they lost the AFCCC against the Bengals). So here I am Bills brothers and sisters. 

Ughhh. Remember that heartbreaker (dropped pass last minute).  

Is there anyplace in SoCal to talk any football?

I’ve been a Bills fan since 1980. 
   I have many interests and endeavors that I keep myself over busy and over booked with.

I make my real money as a Mail man and as a senior carrier I often have time to kill on the street. For years this has a been a place to burn a minute or three while keeping up of the NFL in general. 
   I really trust this board as the best place to get my NFL news. Some have argued otherwise but there is a literal race to post breaking stories on here for bragging rights. It works for me , as  I know I’ll get every link in close to real time, which is awesome. 
   As discussed in other threads, I’m feeling disillusioned with this coaching staff and the general direction of the NFL. I find myself not visiting nearly as much this season. 

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Ughhh. Remember that heartbreaker (dropped pass last minute).  

Is there anyplace in SoCal to talk any football?

Slim pickings. Lots of bandwagon Chargers fans, though they seemed to have disappeared lately. Raiders fans who seem to just love the merch without knowing anything about football. And of course the obligatory, insufferable Cowboys fans.

So yeah, some of the worst NFL fans. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I’ve been a Bills fan since 1980. 
   I have many interests and endeavors that I keep myself over busy and over booked with.

I make my real money as a Mail man and as a senior carrier I often have time to kill on the street. For years this has a been a place to burn a minute or three while keeping up of the NFL in general. 
   I really trust this board as the best place to get my NFL news. Some have argued otherwise but there is a literal race to post breaking stories on here for bragging rights. It works for me , as  I know I’ll get every link in close to real time, which is awesome. 
   As discussed in other threads, I’m feeling disillusioned with this coaching staff and the general direction of the NFL. I find myself not visiting nearly as much this season. 

1980???

So you are basically a rookie huh?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Out of curiosity, how many miles do you walk per day? Is it rough during the winter or are you used to? It is a fascinating job.

I have an apartment and riding route, no walking. It’s been 17+ years since I walked but that was 8 miles a day. 
   I’m in Charlotte NC so weather is amazing 90% of the time but hot in the summer.

Nothing fascinating about being a glorified paperboy but the money is good and the benefits are very good.

2 hours ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

1980???

So you are basically a rookie huh?

Compared to a few on here…. But everyone needs older brothers and sisters 🦬

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.