Barkley signed to Giants practice squad

Draconator

Joke.  Complete joke.  Should have been there last week.  Malpractice on the part of Giants brass to have DeVito dressed as the backup.  They went into a game with a QB2 they didn’t trust to throw past the line of scrimmage.  And it cost them the game, and potentially hurt us.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I didn't realize he was a free agent. I thought he was still on the PS.

No, we cut him and signed Shane Buechele back in August

Interesting that he wasn't even on NFL Trade Rumors' list of top 100 free agents:

https://nfltraderumors.co/top-100-2023-nfl-free-agents-list/

Edited by FrenchConnection

10 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Joke.  Complete joke.  Should have been there last week.  Malpractice on the part of Giants brass to have DeVito dressed as the backup.  They went into a game with a QB2 they didn’t trust to throw past the line of scrimmage.  And it cost them the game, and potentially hurt us.  

Turns out losing Joe Schoen wasn’t that bad after all. For all the good fortune that franchise had last year, none of his decisions for this year have  worked out at all. And now they are saddled with a terrible contract for their QB as they thought he was their man and they will eventually lose their franchise running back as well. 

13 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Was he in Buffalo in 2018? Did he not see the scramble to sign a washed up Derek Anderson after Nate Peterman threw up all over himself for the 3rd time??

Those who don’t learn from history….

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

One of the worst qbs of his era. Being a nice guy can get you paid millions. What a country! 

Way better than DeVito, though, who I half-suspect is only on that team because of nostalgia for nearby NJ state powerhouse Don Bosco Prep, which DeVito attended (https://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/12/sports/12preps.html).  And as you may recall, Barkley has had success vs the Jets at the Meadowlands: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201811110nyj.htm.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Why would you have a practice squad QB that you don't trust to play though?  If they're bad.... get someone else?  

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Way better than DeVito, though, who I half-suspect is only on that team because of nostalgia for nearby NJ state powerhouse Don Bosco Prep, which DeVito attended (https://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/12/sports/12preps.html).  And as you may recall, Barkley has had success vs the Jets at the Meadowlands: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201811110nyj.htm.

Literally the one time in his career he wasn’t awful. His career rating, even with that complete outliner of a Jets game is 66.6!!! That’s awful in any era much less this one where Mitch Tribusky has an 85 career qb rating. 

sure nice guy like Peterman though and in the nfl, that earns you a lot of money. I’m jealous.

14 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Literally the one time in his career he wasn’t awful. His career rating, even with that complete outliner of a Jets game is 66.6!!! That’s awful in any era much less this one where Mitch Tribusky has an 85 career qb rating. 

sure nice guy like Peterman though and in the nfl, that earns you a lot of money. I’m jealous.

I thought he had a nice game when we played miami a few years ago.  I know it was 28-6 at half, but it was nice when he dropped that deep ball in a bucket to gabe just to stick it to the fins.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.