Have we ever made a big move before the trade deadline?

ArdmoreRyno

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

No, he was released by the Chargers in a salary cap move when they couldn't trade him and we just happened to be #1 on the Waiver Priority list at the time.

We got the Aaron Rogers end of the stick in that signing.  Did he play a snap his first year?

Impactful in-season trades in the NFL are becoming more and more popular but it's still a longshot that anything earth shattering happens in the next 24 hours for more than one or two teams. Most likely a couple of depth moves or some trades to have better personnel fits (Elam). I do think Beane can greatly improve this roster with one or two "boring" moves though. 

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

Ranks up there with Stroud.  I'm not sure if it was trade deadline or not but trades I hadn't thought of in some time.

Stroud was the first name that came to mind.  I remember there being 3 big named DT's that got traded, but I think it was during the off-season

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Giants traded DL Leonard Williams to Seahawks for a 2024 2nd and a 2025 5th with the GIants retaining salary.  Why with connections to the Giants GM and HC could the Bills not swing something comparable?  

Can't see us giving up a 2nd rounder for for him.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Bennett was then dealt to the Buffalo Bills from the Colts in a three-way trade that also included Los Angeles Rams running back Eric Dickerson and Bills running back Greg Bell. This trade occurred in the fall of the 1987 season, just before the trade deadline, and has been called "the trade of the decade" by The New York Times.

That was on Halloween day. I was in college and my fraternity at Brockport did a charity run to Alfred. We were hung over in the vans driving back when they announced it and it was still one of the best Halloween‘s ever! One of my favorite players of all time in number 97!

….. so yes, they did something big before

3 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

List of in-season trades in the McBeane era:

2017:

Marcell Dareus to the Jaguars for a 6th

3rd+7th to the Panthers for Kelvin Benjamin

2018:

Marshall Newhouse to the Panthers for a conditional pick

AJ MCarron to the Raiders for a 5th

2019:

Zay Jones to the Raiders for a 5th

2020:

None

2021:

None

2022:

7th round pick to the Falcons for Dean Marlowe

Zack Moss + 6th rd to the Colts for Hines

2023:

None yet

Really the only notable trade was Benjamin (barf)

wow, he got a 5th for AJ f ing McCarron?  good job

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PJBrown7 said:

That was on Halloween day. I was in college and my fraternity at Brockport did a charity run to Alfred. We were hung over in the vans driving back when they announced it and it was still one of the best Halloween‘s ever! One of my favorite players of all time in number 97!

….. so yes, they did something big before

Even sober that stretch of drive down 390 to a portion of 17 is brutally boring and awful. 

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Bennett was then dealt to the Buffalo Bills from the Colts in a three-way trade that also included Los Angeles Rams running back Eric Dickerson and Bills running back Greg Bell. This trade occurred in the fall of the 1987 season, just before the trade deadline, and has been called "the trade of the decade" by The New York Times.

That was the biggest move ever by the bills.  Biscuit made that D a wrecking crew

• Like (+1) 1

Nah, we're not big on improving mid-season 😅

But they have to find a way to trade Elam before the deadline... Just my opinion, but he'll have more trade value now than he will in the offseason, especially since it looks like we have zero intention of using him either way.

13 hours ago, K-9 said:

That was certainly one of them as it immediately changed the power structure in the AFCE because it gave us the pass rush to impact Marino consistently. But I’d say the final moves to make us SB contenders were the addition of Thurman and the hiring of Marchibroda as OC. 

Crazy how Thurman was a back up to Ronnie Harmon and Robb Riddick! At least until the playoff game with Houston. HOF after that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.