Week 8 - Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a Bills thread please)

aristocrat

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I don't think so. I think the Bengals are hitting their best stride. They have weapons on offense and the depleted Bills D just can't match up well. I don't see a realistic path where the Bills D can contain Burrow. 

The home field is also a very big factor as well. 

On offense, I was very encouraged very encouraged with what I saw vs Tampa. The versitlity of the offense was eye opening. The use of RPOs and Josh's legs was a welcomed site. However, this really a one game sample against a pass funnel defense. 

Spencer Brown is still a major concern and don't think Lou A won't take full advantage of that. 

The Bills pass rush has to be effective. The front four has to get pressure on Burrow. McD has used the blitz to manufacture lots of pressure. That's just a recipe for disaster vs Burrow. 

Also, the significance of the Cinci run game has to be addressed. With DJones the run D isn't the same. Olivers return is very helpful and Poona even made some plays. Settle and Philips are not dependable. Cinci ran all over the Bills in that playoff game. Frankly, their offense did whatever they wanted. Run or pass pass or run. Pick your poison. The Bills had absolutely no answers . Zero answers zero replies zero ability to slow the offensive of the Bengals. Frankly, I don't see a logical path on how the Bills stop them again. 

The Bills offense is going to have to score 35 points or more. Allen is going to have to wear his cape and almost be flawless. He will be running for his life because Lou A is dialing up exotic looks and pressures. 

Idk where that genius Lou a has been all season…that joe burrow injury must’ve really effected the defense lol.  They’ve been bad more than they’ve been good.  

have you only watched them play today?  They are 29th in the league in rushing yards per game.  I feel like your bet comes down to ‘im betting they’re going to go on a run’ but it’s just as likely that this game was a one off against a team in a slump to me seeing as they’ve had one good game.  I’m not saying you’re definitely going to be wrong, it’s just a bit riskier than you think is all I’m trying to say lol 

if SF wasn’t marching up and down the field and shooting themselves in the foot with rookie mistake type turnovers I might feel a bit different and call it 60/40 but that’s a SF offense with an inexperienced qb missing a huge offensive piece and they racked up a ton of yards still. I didn’t gain any additional faith in the cincy defense that game. It’s quite possible the bills score 30+ on them. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Week 8 - Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a Bills thread please)
  • Simon unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk where that genius Lou a has been all season…that joe burrow injury must’ve really effected the defense lol.  They’ve been bad more than they’ve been good.  

have you only watched them play today?  They are 29th in the league in rushing yards per game.  I feel like your bet comes down to ‘im betting they’re going to go on a run’ but it’s just as likely that this game was a one off against a team in a slump to me seeing as they’ve had one good game.  I’m not saying you’re definitely going to be wrong, it’s just a bit riskier than you think is all I’m trying to say lol 

if SF wasn’t marching up and down the field and shooting themselves in the foot with rookie mistake type turnovers I might feel a bit different and call it 60/40 but that’s a SF offense with an inexperienced qb missing a huge offensive piece and they racked up a ton of yards still. I didn’t gain any additional faith in the cincy defense that game. It’s quite possible the bills score 30+ on them. 

Well the Bills better score points because that defense is going to get shredded by Burrow and company. Mac Jones looked great against that defense. Even Tyrod almost matched down and beat the D. Thank goodness for the refs. Baker almost beat the D with a hail mary. 

Please convince me on how the Bills d prevents Cinci from scoring under 35 points? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Saw so many chiefs fan post Andy Reid play calling cost this game and so many others in past. Constant mentions about how much better they would be without Reid and wishing they would fire him.  Now that’s  about as good as an offensive scheming coach there is and a 2X Super Bowl winner for a team that still sits in first place this year. Overreactions from all fan bases are strong 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Success said:

I'm excited. It's a great measure for this team at this point in the season.

We can win that game.

Agreed, but the Bengals are charged with energy while the Bills are like a fighter who has gotten off the mat, shook his head a few times, and signaled to the ref that he's ok to go, sort of. 

16 minutes ago, BillsDad51 said:

Asking the same question. Did they have any big injuries on defense? Cousins and Burrow just shredded them.

Not as I can find.  Not that are showing up on injury report.

Their wins were against the Steelers, Rams, Giants, Cardinals, and Cowboys. 

Now they did thump the Cowboys pretty convincingly, but part of that was playing keep-away with the football - 37 minute TOP on offense to 22 min.

I don't think Brock Purdy had a full load of marbles upstairs, and I think Deebo Samuel may be critical to play ball-control offense.

The Vikes scored 22 points including 3 consecutive FG, not sure that counts as shredding?

Anyway, bottom line I don't know, but it seems to happen every year that a team or two who starts out hot and looking invincible, gets brought down to earth.

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Cinci hitting all strides. I don't see a lot of paths on how the Bills win.

This is a bad match up for the Bills. 

I think the best chance for the Bills to win this game is to win a shootout. 

Keep in mind while Burrow was great yesterday and the Bengal's O at times looked unstoppable there are very real questions about the 49's defense.  Against the Vikings they gave up 452 yards including allowing Cousins to complete 35 of 45 passes for 378 yards. Purdy's 2 bad INT's represented a 14 point swing.

44 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The Vikes scored 22 points including 3 consecutive FG, not sure that counts as shredding?

Completing 35 of 45 passes for 378 yards without Jefferson is shredding to me.  The Vikings struggled scoring TD's which a potent Bengal's O wasn't going to do. And if I were a 49's fan the last 2 weeks has revealed a disturbing issue with the pass rush & pass D.

12 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

It basically tastes like Rochester's meat sauce. The stuff they put on garbage plates. It's very similar. I just can't eat it on pasta, lol. Have you ever had a garbage plate? 

Yep, many times and IMO Cincy Chili is way better.  For me the beans, onions and shredded Cheddar cheese combined with the sauce and spaghetti is unusual and good.  It's a great break from your typical fast food (burgers, wings, & pizza).

Why are players on offense allowed to grab the ball and rush it to the line to hurry up the snap? What if a defensive player grabbed the ball and held it? During the Jets final the play the ref didn't set the ball. He  kinda just walked near it. Also if there is a close play that could go against the offense, why do refs rush to spot the ball so quick snap negates a challenge?

Edited by nucci

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The act of dodging something not real?

Love it.

Love it.

Love it.

Love it.

I would give you 4 thumbs up if I could.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.