Rumors swirling that Elam will be a scratch tonight for Norman. Trade coming?

Roundybout

19 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Even that isn't nearly enough apparently. Per Benjamin Albright, the reported price tag is Two 1st's plus a Pro Bowl Calibur Player "to even get the conversation started"

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/patrick-surtain-trade-rumor-dallas-cowboys-outrageous-asking-price-broncos-cost-deadline

Perhaps this isn’t the move for us if this is true.  

I don’t think this would be the move for any team.  2 firsts plus lying him 20m aav.  No thanks

edit:  I replied thinking the player was Jaylon Johnson.  Surtain, I see why they want so much.  He still have next year under contract plus his 5th year option.  

Elam and 2nd for Johnson could be a great move long term

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Even that isn't nearly enough apparently. Per Benjamin Albright, the reported price tag is Two 1st's plus a Pro Bowl Calibur Player "to even get the conversation started"

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/patrick-surtain-trade-rumor-dallas-cowboys-outrageous-asking-price-broncos-cost-deadline

That seems a bit hyperbolic from their side haha they’ll certainly want more than we would offer though..  no way anyone gives them that.

the two firsts is already pushing it before getting to the pro bowler 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That seems a bit hyperbolic from their side haha they’ll certainly want more than we would offer though..  no way anyone gives them that 

It isn't as hyperbolic as it seems. As I said above:

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We're talking about a 23 year old, former top 10 pick, with a clean bill of health, only 2 and a half years of tread taken off the tires, on an inexpensive Rookie contract, that has 2 years remaining after this one, and was a 1st Team All Pro just last season at the premium CB position. 

That pretty much checks off all of the boxes on what makes someone have as steep of a price tag as you can get. 

47 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It isn't as hyperbolic as it seems. As I said above:

Oh yea he’s valuable for sure but asking for two firsts and a pro bowler ‘just to get the conversation started’ seems like a hard line negotiation tactic.  They would take that deal in an absolute instant if anyone was crazy enough to offer that (which I doubt anyone would be) 

rams traded two 1sts and a fourth for Ramsey from the jags and even that was a ton. 

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Cap isn't a problem. He's on a Rookie contract. Which is part of what makes the price tag so steep.

We're talking about a 23 year old, former top 10 pick, with a clean bill of health, only 2 and a half years of tread taken off the tires, on an inexpensive Rookie contract, that has 2 years remaining after this one, and was a 1st Team All Pro just last season at the premium CB position. 

That pretty much checks off all of the boxes on what makes someone have as steep of a price tag as you can get. Two 1st's and a Pro Bowl Calibur player in return doesn't shock me and is why I laugh anytime a Bills fan invokes his name.

2 1sts and Deonte Harty (he was an All Pro!)

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

If Beane holds up a deal for Jaylon Johnson because he doesn't want to part with Elam............FFS

It could be true he's not ready to give up on him. Or it could be posturing. Supposedly teams have made overtures to Beane for Elam.

Maybe the offers have just been basically a bag of balls and he's putting it out there that he's not going to move him, hoping someone ups their offer.

If I'm Beane, I want a 3rd. But I'd settle for a 4th. Maybe, a high 5th. Maybe. But anything less than that and I think I'd rather just hold on to him in the event that he could be a late bloomer.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

aka no offers for Elam.

If they wanted to move him, they would have.  That's how I feel about it at this point.

Not sure exactly why they are keeping him if they don't want to play him but apparently they like something enough about him to not give up on a 1st round pick.  And I don't think it's hubris.  He's been good in game other than 1 or 2 games.  They just don't trust him in the system for some reason.

Edited by The Wiz

I wouldn’t have moved Elam for anything less than a 4th, so if the offer were less .. I’m good with it.  

He’s likely the inactive CB4 from here on out and then we’ll see if Year 3 Kaiir Elam can become anything. 

Would rather take a shot on something finally clicking for an elite athlete at CB than give him away. 

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If they wanted to move him, they would have.  That's how I feel about it at this point.

Not sure exactly why they are keeping him if they don't want to play him but apparently they like something enough about him to not give up on a 1st round pick.  And I don't think it's hubris.  He's been good in game other than 1 or 2 games.  They just don't trust him in the system for some reason.

There is zero value in trading a 1st rounder who has flopped during his rookie deal. Might as well just keep benching him until he learns how to play.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

There is zero value in trading a 1st rounder who has flopped during his rookie deal. Might as well just keep benching him until he learns how to play.

Well there is value if others value him enough but in regard to trading him for a late round pick, I agree.  He's just doing something that the coaching staff doesn't like at this point and he needs to fix it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I wouldn’t have moved Elam for anything less than a 4th, so if the offer were less .. I’m good with it.  

He’s likely the inactive CB4 from here on out and then we’ll see if Year 3 Kaiir Elam can become anything. 

Would rather take a shot on something finally clicking for an elite athlete at CB than give him away. 

Rather they just move him. McD got no faith in him so we are only holding on to him because of where he was drafted. Take what you can get and move on. 

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

Rather they just move him. McD got no faith in him so we are only holding on to him because of where he was drafted. Take what you can get and move on. 

They got enough 6th round picks in my view…

You may as well hope he comes good… he definitely has the athletic attributes 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.