Rumors swirling that Elam will be a scratch tonight for Norman. Trade coming?

Roundybout

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think at another top flight WR would really help this team, and is the piece they are missing. 

Diggs to Allen in 2020 got us past the first round, but we just have not added that 2nd huge talent at WR. 

It’s one of the other. Either Allen takes another elite step. And really throws these guy open at all levels. Or he needs elite 2 to see separation to either a) pull the decision making lever to throw Or b) allow for his inconsistently inaccurate balls to make it the wr catch radius 

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

A few things you said here that need to be unpacked. 

"Greg is starting to get to that double digit realm"...no he isn't. He has 3 sacks on the year, on pace for 7. Loose use of the term "approaching". If the Bills made it to the SB, Rousseau would be on pace for 9 sacks. Still not 10. 

"As a rotational player"...Most people would not consider a first round pick in his third year being "rotational" an upside. 

"As a rotational player" (continued)....This is also just wrong, he is listed as a starter on the Bills depth chart, and is second among our DE in snap count. 3 sacks for your starting DE isn't great. 

I think Rousseau is a nice player. I don't think he is a stud. He could certainly turn out to be. I like him, but don't love him. 

Say it louder for the people in the back.  I recall a arguing with a poster on here last year when he said Rosseau was nearing Elite Level.    Good size, average defensive end to date.   8-9 sacks a year is good player.   Greg is a long ways from Elite.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, balln said:

It’s one of the other. Either Allen takes another elite step. And really throws these guy open at all levels. Or he needs to see separation to either a) pull the decision making lever to throw Or b) allow for his inconsistently inaccurate balls to make it the wr catch radius 

100% agree. 

I don't understand how there is not unanimous agreement that Gabe is not a #2, and is holding this offense back. 

I'm sure you thought it too, it started with the passing on AJ Brown and DK Metcalf, but really, when they signed Emmanuel Sanders. 

It hasn't fallen right in the Draft for them the past two seasons, but Beane has to get that to close the Allen-Mahomes gap, let alone the rest of the AFC. We need a 1st Round traits WR on this roster.  Also, Diggs is 29/30. 1,500 yards isn't going to last forever either.  

6 minutes ago, balln said:

It’s one of the other. Either Allen takes another elite step. And really throws these guy open at all levels. Or he needs elite 2 to see separation to either a) pull the decision making lever to throw Or b) allow for his inconsistently inaccurate balls to make it the wr catch radius 

And on Allen, that's why I've harped on his physical fitness. 

Because he's in Year 6 now, so what is the one large lever to get to another level that ALLEN admits hasn't been maximized? 

Dedication in the weight room. 

3 minutes ago, damj said:

When did "The Process" start to include signing Washed Up old CBs, who were shot when they played for us 3 years ago

Yeah, if he sees the field, that's embarrassing. 

There was a reason they got rid of him the first time and he drifted out of the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And on Allen, that's why I've harped on his physical fitness. 

Because he's in Year 6 now, so what is the one large lever to get to another level that ALLEN admits hasn't been maximized? 

Dedication in the weight room. 

Yeah, if he sees the field, that's embarrassing. 

There was a reason they got rid of him the first time and he drifted out of the league. 

The fact we signed Norman is embarrassing 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Say it louder for the people in the back.  I recall a arguing with a poster on here last year when he said Rosseau was nearing Elite Level.    Good size, average defensive end to date.   8-9 sacks a year is good player.   Greg is a long ways from Elite.

I think if a pass rusher is going to be called elite after a single season they likely need 14-ish+ sacks. 

To be considered elite after a number of seasons, I think a player needs to link a few -10 12-ish sack seasons together. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, damj said:

The fact we signed Norman is embarrassing 

I agree, that's reaching back to the Carolina days for a player that is so far past the short prime he did have. 

Like I said, if he sees the field, then the Bills deserve the torching they're going to get. 

That Elam pick ... wow

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think if a pass rusher is going to be called elite after a single season they likely need 14-ish+ sacks. 

To be considered elite after a number of seasons, I think a player needs to link a few -10 12-ish sack seasons together. 

Greg - elite?

No - come on people - TJ Watt, Myles Garrett, Nick Bosa - that's the cream of the crop. 

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I agree, that's reaching back to the Carolina days for a player that is so far past the short prime he did have. 

Like I said, if he sees the field, then the Bills deserve the torching they're going to get. 

That Elam pick ... wow

Greg - elite?

No - come on people - TJ Watt, Myles Garrett, Nick Bosa - that's the cream of the crop. 

Right, that is what we were talking about. He isn't elite

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Ingram can stand in the hole in perfect position to make a tackle on Etienne for a 2 yard gain and never touches him on the way to a 35 yard TD tho and that's cool right?  Don't bother to attempt a tackle and it's fine...as long as you don't try and then miss.

Yeah that substitution was a joke. Another dumb coaching decision in a critical moment in a close game that ultimately cost us a win. Under McDermott there have been way too many of those decisions in those moments. For someone who claims to be a detail oriented person, he sure misses a lot of details.

It's really crazy that we're actually putting Josh Norman onto the active roster. It justifies so many criticisms that have been levied against McDermott over the past few years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Isabella makes no sense? Are they sitting harty ? 

should I get my dumpster and lighter now ….. or after the game?

I actually like Isabella being brought up. I'm hoping he gets some targets to see what we got. He's got some wheels and just a little bigger. Why not? Harty is/was a waste of money. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.