Bills now Vegas betting favorites to land Derrick Henry

Alphadawg7

Beane and McDermott know our defense has multiple holes with all the injuries.

Getting a back like Henry could allow for a change to a ball control offense thats goal is to keep the defense off the field as much as possible. In a sense, you'd be fixing the defense with one move on offense rather than multiple moves on defense. Think about it, what's easier? Trade for an absolute beast of a RB or a starting CB, LBer, and DT?

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, I Am The Liquor said:

This dude is going real hard on this  "rumor".

Yeah, because he's seeing the amount of gullible Bills fans that are replying, following, and giving him traffic. 

If there's any truth to Henry and the Bills, he'll claim to have broken the story. When in reality, the guy knows nothing and is connected to nothing. Just a dude who latches on to an idea he thinks is feasible and wants to claim he was the "first".

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Herc11 said:

Beane and McDermott know our defense has multiple holes with all the injuries.

Getting a back like Henry could allow for a change to a ball control offense thats goal is to keep the defense off the field as much as possible. In a sense, you'd be fixing the defense with one move on offense rather than multiple moves on defense. Think about it, what's easier? Trade for an absolute beast of a RB or a starting CB, LBer, and DT?

While simultaneously shrinking the amount of possessions we get on offense. IF we consider Henry I don't expect we will use him in this way. It would be as a result of the concerns we had when we went with 12 personal, namely no intermediate or short weapons.  

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:
5 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

While simultaneously shrinking the amount of possessions we get on offense. IF we consider Henry I don't expect we will use him in this way. It would be as a result of the concerns we had when we went with 12 personal, namely no intermediate or short weapons.  

Even if it's not, the respect defense will have to give to the run will open the passing game up.

• Agree 1

Pointless.  They barely used Harris.  I don't think Cook is an every down back, and neither do they, but neither is Henry.  I mean are we going to line up and run under center with him, I seriously doubt it.  Better to focus on adding someone between the defensive tackles than this move.  Just a stupid add if it happens.

I just saw some guy on twitter with a bunch of followers with a proposed trade of 

Latavious Murray, the Bills 2nd and 4th for Henry.

Just amazing stuff.

before kickoff a twitter insider will have Buffalo trading Josh Allen for Derrick Henry at this point

Edited by MikePJ76

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Iirc we were interested in him recently but he went elsewhere. 

I’d rather sign fournette than trade for Henry. 

In a vacuum, you want Henry over Fournette all day.

But if we passed on Fournette for Ty Johnson, does Beane think Henry is so much better than Fournette in the same role that he'd give up 6.3 million and a Draft Pick for him instead of peanuts for Fournette?

I question that.

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I just saw some guy on twitter with a bunch of followers with a proposed trade of 

Latavious Murray, the Bills 2nd and 4th for Henry.

Just amazing stuff.

before kickoff a twitter insider will have Buffalo trading Josh Allen for Derrick Henry at this point

That is crazy for a 29yr old nine game rental RB 😂

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

No reliable source with this. The account that posted it is a professional spaghetti thrower, nothing more.

Tony Pauline, who is vastly more reliable than Random Twitter Guy X, says Ravens are the clubhouse leaders and the Cowboys are a dark horse. No mention of the Bills.

It would also be absolutely bizarre for this team -- with its needs at CB, LB, DT, outside WR, and even TE now that Knox is on IR -- to trade for a RUNNING BACK. That's the LEAST of the Bills' problems. 

The way it could make sense is if Tenn actually wants to unload Henry to give Spears a chance while avoiding the PR hit of not extending Henry.  It could be a throw-in to the deal with the Bills for DHop and where the Bills kind of throw in Elam.  It makes evaluating the trade difficult.  The Bills have to finish out paying Henry's salary for the year but get great value out of DHop.  I think this year's salaries are $5M for Henry and only $1.1M for DHop.

If they could do something like DHop and Henry for a 2nd and Elam both GMs move on from situations they don't want to deal with.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

CJ Golson is not a reliable source. Like most on Twitter, he just throws things against the wall that make sense in hopes that one will stick and it "legitimizes" him. He's gotten lucky a couple times but 9.5 times out of 10, he's way off base. He posts stuff like this all the time that goes nowhere.

Rule of thumb - if it isn't an official employed reporter, it's bullsh-t. Hell, sometimes even they report BS. But randos on Twitter don't have sources. They just want you to believe they do and prey on people desperate to hear what they want to hear for followers.

This makes me feel so much better.

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

Unless it's McCaffrey or Chubb (pre-injury) I don't think there is a running back that changes the course of this season. 

I wouldn’t even want McCaffrey in that hypothetical scenario, because this team wouldn’t know how to use him. He’s a great player, but Shanahan also uses him perfectly. A decent WR2 would be far more important to this offense than even CMC. WR2 would let Allen get back to being a downfield passer, and Dorsey could just go crazy calling go routes. McCaffrey is a modern multi purpose back, while WR2’s are traditional football players, I don’t trust Dorsey with anything modern. 

Just now, Bills!Win! said:

Is it possible they spent a lot of money on a Time Machine and are trading for 2020 Derrick Henry?

Can we put Josh Allen in the time machine while we’re at it? 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nah. He can play 3-4 DE, some 4-3 DE and 3 tech.  He’s 6’5 and weighs 265.  We have plenty of 3 techs.  We need a replacement for Daquan imo.  Autry is a helluva player but I don’t think he does much except limit the snaps of AJ and Shaq.  We already have a DE to play 3 tech in Rousseau.

agree to disagree

I don’t think there’s any chance we trade for Henry.  

He's 285. He would not compete at all with AJ. They play entirely different positions. He's basically the player you hope Oliver becomes. There's only a small handful of competent 1T DTs in the league and we already had one on the roster. It's unlikely you're finding another one. Rather, you might be relying on adapting scheme or asking your existing players to fill the gap. He gives you that option with a half year remaining on his deal and still playing at a very high level.

He played DT for the Colts in a 4-3 along with DeForest Buckner another traditional 3T, but was able to move to wherever he was needed. JJ Watt and Haloti Ngata are two example of players who did similar things and there are others.

If you don't like the player or the deal, that's fine, but at least categorize who he is correctly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.