Bills now Vegas betting favorites to land Derrick Henry

Alphadawg7

No reliable source with this. The account that posted it is a professional spaghetti thrower, nothing more.

Tony Pauline, who is vastly more reliable than Random Twitter Guy X, says Ravens are the clubhouse leaders and the Cowboys are a dark horse. No mention of the Bills.

It would also be absolutely bizarre for this team -- with its needs at CB, LB, DT, outside WR, and even TE now that Knox is on IR -- to trade for a RUNNING BACK. That's the LEAST of the Bills' problems. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

No reliable source with this. The account that posted it is a professional spaghetti thrower, nothing more.

Tony Pauline, who is vastly more reliable than Random Twitter Guy X, says Ravens are the clubhouse leaders and the Cowboys are a dark horse. No mention of the Bills.

It would also be absolutely bizarre for this team -- with its needs at CB, LB, DT, outside WR, and even TE now that Knox is on IR -- to trade for a RUNNING BACK. That's the LEAST of the Bills' problems. 

maybe. But +200 odds is a bit unusual unless there’s something to it. 

12 minutes ago, sven233 said:

The poster is a proven fraud.  No truth to this.

That said, it would be smart to talk to the Titans about any player you may have interest in.  They are sellers for sure.  Hopkins has shown he still has something left in the tank and you can make the money work with them eating most of his contract.  He would be an immediate upgrade to Davis.

Agreed. Hopkins makes more sense and is feasible. Just over a million with nothing guaranteed after.

We can't even afford Henry right now and even if we could - I can't wrap my head around Beane giving up a Draft pick and over 6 million for just over a half of a season for any RB. That's not his style.

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

you’re saying if we add Henry it somehow decreases our chances of winning the SB? 

regardless of the twitter rumors

Vegas put us at +200 to land him. 

Vegas odds mean nothing. Especially before there are any legitimate leaks from legit sources. The odds shift when actual news comes out.

We're at the top of the list for Adams too and that's completely infeasible. We were top of the list for Hopkins too. I remember Fournette a couple years ago, we were at the top of the list for that. 

Vegas just looks at good teams that could use help and that's it. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

I mean, if it was true what exactly does it say about our process? We have an entire offseason to consider offense/RB and we don't (Harris/Murray). We lose impact players at all three levels on defense. Our question marks at RB heading into the season have actually performed pretty well. Our resolution is get a veteran Running Back on the franchise tag? This just isn't who we are. It's INTRIGUING but a lot of things you should never do are that. Move along. 

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

This guy broke Jonnu Smith to the Pats with the correct numbers. That’s about it. This seems like a shot in the dark.

Interesting note our SB odds 'randomly' went from +1700 to +1400

I'm guessing unrelated to Henry, but maybe some whispers going around about something else

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

I'm guessing unrelated to Henry, but maybe some whispers going around about something else

They were +1000 prior to the loss last week…

Its possible they just blew them out too much and Joe Public has jumped on board causing them to adjust ..

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Probably just trying to boost their bets. They've got us at the top of the list for Henry and Adams. Shifting odds for Super Bowl will make people think we're going to make one of those moves happen - which in turn would make people bet either on the team and/or us landing one of them.

Shifting the odds raises eyebrows and makes people think "hmm... they know something and I better hop on that now".

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

shotgun draw 30 times a game!!

Devils advocate, on a rumor at that... but Henry's best game was against cinci this year and every highlight of his was out of shotgun, had killer game

That said IFFFF this was real. Maybe there's hope we'll get josh under center more and run play action more

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

you’re saying if we add Henry it somehow decreases our chances of winning the SB? 

Yup.  I don’t believe this O line is going to make Henry any more effective than Cook and Murray have been. Anything that takes the ball out of Allen’s hands and puts it on a 3-4 yard per rush basis is not getting them closer to the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Autry is a DT that can and does play all over the line.

Nah. He can play 3-4 DE, some 4-3 DE and 3 tech.  He’s 6’5 and weighs 265.  We have plenty of 3 techs.  We need a replacement for Daquan imo.  Autry is a helluva player but I don’t think he does much except limit the snaps of AJ and Shaq.  We already have a DE to play 3 tech in Rousseau.

agree to disagree

I don’t think there’s any chance we trade for Henry.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.