Still just a game back

JJGauna

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I don't even care about the regular season at all. As far as I'm concerned, it's a 17 game pre-season.

The bigger issue is that this isn't a championship team. Not even remotely close. Does anyone want another division championship with a guaranteed 1st or 2nd round bounce?

I'll take getting my hopes up if they can punch their ticket to the next round. Yeah it looks dreadful, but there are a lot of bad teams right now and everybody is really just one injury away from mayhem. James Cook looks legit and Kincaid warmed up today, I'll take the sliver of hope that they can be the team to catch fire at the right time.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, BILLieve85 said:

With playing at KC it’s the way the schedule is. Those game will be at Buffalo 24-27

Except next year that games probably in Miami, while we play the Chargers at home. Next year we play the AFC South and only play the Chiefs if we finish in the same spot as them.

9 hours ago, JJGauna said:

I know it’s pretty rough finding a silver lining after the last 3 games but the truth is we are still only one game back in the East. Any team can be beaten any week, and that includes us. 

This team still has hope, we have the pieces. Hopefully the younger guys on defense can mature as the season progresses. If we get hot at the right time later in the season, we can take the division back from Miami in Miami, and make a run into the playoffs.

Will it happen? Who knows? Nobody knows. That’s why they play the games. It takes a remarkable run and overcoming great adversity to win it all, why not us? The pieces are still there, just not the original pieces we all thought.

Josh must step up, Dorsey must change and adapt, and McD needs to focus on his ability to bring the best out of the defense. I still believe.

But we have lost to inferior teams.  We have a much harder schedule coming that if we can't bury the Pats, we may be in trouble with KC, Philly, SD, etc

3 minutes ago, 5ths the charm said:

But we have lost to inferior teams.  We have a much harder schedule coming that if we can't bury the Pats, we may be in trouble with KC, Philly, SD, etc

The Pats and Giants were playing to save their season. We got their best shot. The Pats a little more with the record and being at home. The playoff teams coming up will be hard to handle for sure. Hopefully they'll crank up the focus. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JJGauna said:

I know it’s pretty rough finding a silver lining after the last 3 games but the truth is we are still only one game back in the East. Any team can be beaten any week, and that includes us. 

This team still has hope, we have the pieces. Hopefully the younger guys on defense can mature as the season progresses. If we get hot at the right time later in the season, we can take the division back from Miami in Miami, and make a run into the playoffs.

Will it happen? Who knows? Nobody knows. That’s why they play the games. It takes a remarkable run and overcoming great adversity to win it all, why not us? The pieces are still there, just not the original pieces we all thought.

Josh must step up, Dorsey must change and adapt, and McD needs to focus on his ability to bring the best out of the defense. I still believe.

I know the Eagles won but they don't look great except on the DLine...holy hell they have a wrecking crew there.

• Agree 1

Yea...

Miami lost to Buffalo (in Buffalo) and Philly (in Philly).

Bills have lost to Jacksonville, New York Jets and New England Patriots.  Yes, all technically on the road (or a bizarro situation)...but wake me up when Miami loses to a meh team like we're clearly capable of doing.

Because right now, they don't look like they can beat the elite teams, but they look like they'll take a flamethrower to everyone else. 

You folks are sadly delusional. This team as currently construed is fatally flawed, and is nowhere near the category of the 10 top tier teams. These last three games were an abomination and shows exactly who they are.The Bills have blown the "Easy" portion of their schedule. I see 3 more wins maybe. -Bucs - Bronco's - Pats. That's it. 7-10 That's who the Bills are. Anyone who sees more wins are just infatuated Fan-boys. Wise up.   

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

It was great comfort to read all the POed posts on here, as I could let go of all MY anger. My kids were really mad too. But the Dolphins lost, the Bills are only one game behind still. 

The short week before the Bucs game is great. Get everyone focused on this. 3 days from now, either the Bills are 5-3 and can focus on winning, or 4-4 and it's time for the ax to fall.

I still don't get how they went from top SB contenders in weeks 2-3-4 to this. But LET'S GOOOOOO. This season is not over yet, not at all. Yet, WIN. This can't continue. I too wonder if the PLAYERS are still on the McD train. If they are, it's all that matters. If not...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Chiefs and Jags would still be over us for #1 seed even if we did win but allowing Mac drive at end was awful 

Allowing Mac to have any kind of a game is definitely awful. One of the worst QBs in the league….The Bills aren’t getting the #1 seed. They weren’t even able to get it with 13 wins including a win @ KC. That ship has sailed. The division is definitely still in play. 

8 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I don't even care about the regular season at all. As far as I'm concerned, it's a 17 game pre-season.

The bigger issue is that this isn't a championship team. Not even remotely close. Does anyone want another division championship with a guaranteed 1st or 2nd round bounce?

I’ll definitely take a division championship. Playoffs are a new season so have to wait and see how they look at the time. Missing the playoffs to get a slightly better draft pick ? No thanks , the Bills have their QB so I don’t care where they pick. 

What disappoints me is that the Bills now need a lot of help with two divisional losses, and the path to home field is narrow.  Bills also likely need to win all of the AFC games left in the schedule.   

I'd even consider resting starters at Philly to give the team two weeks of rest before the away game with the  Chiefs, and I'd rest them again versus the Cowboys before the end season run that begins with a cross-country trip to LA, NE and Miami.  The Bills don't usually show up in those cross country trips and they likely *need* that Chargers win.  

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

We still have Eagles, Cowboys, Jets, KC, Miami, and Bengals upcoming. Philadelphia & KC are two of the toughest places to win at. Cincinnati, despite their issues, aren't inferior to us. 

If we win the division, we will have earned it. 

BTW, why do we keep playing @KC? Three years in a row. They have not played in Buffalo since 2020. 

We will be lucky to win two of those games.

9 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I refuse to be pessimistic with w a winning record and a game back from the division. We have been thru these slumps before and made it out. Just need to win 10 games 

We’ve never “made it out” even if this team wins the division, they will be an easy out in the playoffs

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.