Did Gabe Davis play today?

Big Blitz

27 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

But where’s “Playoff Gabe” or “Big Game Gabe?” 

Failing to address the #2 WR position in the offseason is costing this team big time! 

Call up Andy Isabella, see what he can do. We’ve seen enough of Davis already. Davis has one good game, then disappears for another 2-3.

Didley squat Davis

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Here's what ticks me off. 

Dodson was in for Dorian today and McDermott said in the Presser that he felt they gave up too many plays at the position so he benched the rookie.

But we've seen YEARS of Knox and Davis dropping balls and giving away opportunity...neither has ever been benched. 

Accountability for some I suppose.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I’m here for the fresh takes

No fresh takes needed. He's the same player he's been since he was a rookie, just undeservedly elevated to a premium role. It should be obvious to everyone that he is nothing more than a depth quality WR. Giving Kincaid more targets today was a step in the right direction, but to take this offense to a championship level they need a lot better from their 2nd outside WR. Do you really still disagree with that?

• Thank you (+1) 5

4 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Who wants to dive into the All-22 and see how often he’s open? I have no idea, but would like a concrete, unbiased answer on a game where he has 1 catch for 6 yards. Is it ALL on Davis? Not saying he’d catch the ball if he got open, just would like to know how often he’s truly blanketed versus how many times he beat his man. 

It could be enlightening. We’ll see. Hard to tell with the broadcast because of how terribly the OL played, everyone was off script. 

5 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Who wants to dive into the All-22 and see how often he’s open? I have no idea, but would like a concrete, unbiased answer on a game where he has 1 catch for 6 yards. Is it ALL on Davis? Not saying he’d catch the ball if he got open, just would like to know how often he’s truly blanketed versus how many times he beat his man. 

And even if you get those answers, the end result is he plays all time and it’s doesn’t work. 

Either he can’t separate, or separate quickly enough, Allen doesn’t look his way, he’s running the same routes over and over, he can’t run short/agile routes, he’s a one trick pony, he’s not fast, whatever it is, at this point there is no salvaging that he can’t be your #2 because he can’t be counted on. 

5 hours ago, colin said:

Knox, tre white, von Miller, Hyde and poyer, Harry and Hines are all guys w reasonably large or large contracts who are old, injured, old and injured, or just trash and don't make the team much better, certainly not vs their cost.

Because of those foolish contracts, we rely on Gabe Davis for our super bowl (loool) aspirations.  A guy so great they shipped in brown and bease out of their UPS trucks last season 

We didn’t really do anything different than the Rams, except that they actually did win the Super Bowl before those contracts turned bad. 

This offense used to spread the ball around. I’m not saying Davis is playing well, but what are the chances that only Diggs is playing well, when in years past we would have Sanders, Beasley, both were agin as well, Davis,  Knox, and McKenzie all contributing .  Like that’s the biggest issue, we have no secondary contributions and in years past we would certainly have more than just Diggs. 

5 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

But where’s “Playoff Gabe” or “Big Game Gabe?” 

Failing to address the #2 WR position in the offseason is costing this team big time! 

Call up Andy Isabella, see what he can do. We’ve seen enough of Davis already. Davis has one good game, then disappears for another 2-3.

Yup, Big game Gabe once a month. Worthless 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wanna see a rotation at WR2 of Davis and Shakir, who has quietly been very productive when targeted (8 catches on 9 targets). I still think Davis can help this team as a downfield receiver, but he’s just way too limited and 1 dimensional to be out there almost every snap. Shakir offers something different and can help the team out more in the short to intermediate areas.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.