Did Gabe Davis play today?

Big Blitz

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Here's what ticks me off. 

Dodson was in for Dorian today and McDermott said in the Presser that he felt they gave up too many plays at the position so he benched the rookie.

But we've seen YEARS of Knox and Davis dropping balls and giving away opportunity...neither has ever been benched. 

Accountability for some I suppose.

It didn’t get any better with Dodson in there. We know what he brings, which is “not much” hence why he’s on the bench. Let the rookie take his lumps, his backup isn’t any better. Pulling him messes with confidence.

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

It didn’t get any better with Dodson in there. We know what he brings, which is “not much” hence why he’s on the bench. Let the rookie take his lumps, his backup isn’t any better. Pulling him messes with confidence.

I'm with you here. If I'm going to see someone make rookie mistakes, I'd rather see it from a rookie. At least there's room to learn then. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm with you here. If I'm going to see someone make rookie mistakes, I'd rather see it from a rookie. At least there's room to learn then. 

And he’s a player that will need to be counted on later in the year. Why take that experience away from him? Last thing you want is for him looking over his shoulder because he made a few mistakes. He has to have the green light to play free and fast. 

I don’t see us upheaving the whole offense system that’s been in place since Mini-camps (12 personnel) but I think you see the progressions change with who’s targeted. 

Diggs

Kincaid

Cook

Davis/Knox

I don’t hate the idea of Shakir subbing in with Davis more, or more sets where Davis and Shakir are outside with Diggs in the slot. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We didn’t really do anything different than the Rams, except that they actually did win the Super Bowl before those contracts turned bad. 

that's true, but the rams have an offensive genius HC, and they never had a qb like we do.  spent big for goff, and spent way bigger than we ever have for staffy.  

to me the issue is mcd is too fussy about who plays what position and how on his D, and so he has to over pay for older less athletic guys.  it seems just too fragile schematically, where we get trucked by literally the worst offense in the nfl if we have some injuries.  and that's why i think we have these awful contracts which means we are stuck w gabe as our only guy when diggs is doubled.

at least kincaid come out today

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

No fresh takes needed. He's the same player he's been since he was a rookie, just undeservedly elevated to a premium role. It should be obvious to everyone that he is nothing more than a depth quality WR. Giving Kincaid more targets today was a step in the right direction, but to take this offense to a championship level they need a lot better from their 2nd outside WR. Do you really still disagree with that?

I agree Kincaid needed more targets:before yesterday he was barely an afterthought.

Davis needs more looks as well.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.