Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, Bill51390 said:

It’s time to end this 12 personnel. Kincaid needs to move to the starting role and Knox needs to go after the season. Then I give Dorsey two weeks or he’s fired. 

Dorsey has Thursday. He mucks that up, and the Bills have a mini-bye to replace him.

3 minutes ago, mike22nc said:

He leads the NFL in completion percentage and touchdowns. That’s with the coaching staff trying to neuter him. Allen is not the problem, at all, like zero point zero percent.

Please give me a break.  When Tua playes tonight he is going to eclipise him ny 4 TD's. I cannot stand the amount of homers who protect him and do not allow anyone to criticize him.

2 minutes ago, Nator99 said:

Please give me a break.  When Tua playes tonight he is going to eclipise him ny 4 TD's. I cannot stand the amount of homers who protect him and do not allow anyone to criticize him.

It's balance. Criticize but he's not the biggest problem in the scheme of things.

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

He was the best until he got injured. Can't blame the Bills for taking the risk on him.

I think its a fair point to wonder why we didn't pursue, say, Haason Reddick -- who was not only 5 years younger but signed for $mil less AAV.

Von was a beast last year pre-injury, no doubt. But its fair to question if he was the best available option given the age and monetary commitment.

Poor execution on plays. Knox's drop which is right in his hands ends the drive. What could have been? Quick 5 - 10 yard passes was working. Get down in the red zone, now what we do (Duh....)? Many bad throws by Allen. Shouldn't have had only 10 points going into the fourth. The D made Jones look like a superstar. Guys wide open. No pressure on Jones. This was all on the players. 

3 minutes ago, Nator99 said:

Why isn't anyone taking Josh Allen to task, it's like this message board is afraid they will get in trouble for ripping him. 

He was hurt today.  But his throws were all off today by a mile.  Over throws and more completely missed throws.  He is not immune from criticism with his performance today.  He is the most puzzling person to analyze.  His highs and lows are worse than the Cedar Point's Top Thrill Dragster roller coaster.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

I think its a fair point to wonder why we didn't pursue, say, Haason Reddick -- who was not only 5 years younger but signed for $mil less AAV.

Von was a beast last year pre-injury, no doubt. But its fair to question if he was the best available option given the age and monetary commitment.

I think they wanted more experience on the O Line.

11 minutes ago, Nator99 said:

Why isn't anyone taking Josh Allen to task, it's like this message board is afraid they will get in trouble for ripping him. 

Because the last time we saw him today he left the field with a lead. Like he sometimes does and we still end of losing.  He sucked in the first half but thought he was the main reason they came back and shoulda won the game.

8 minutes ago, Success said:

The no huddle works when we do it.

Worked in the '90's, too. 

Might be time. We something different. And it needs to be kind of radical.

I’m willing to try anything to get the offense out of Dorsey’s hands.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nator99 said:

My bet is Miami doesn't get to 28+ points in Philly tonight and expects Hurts will outplay Tua

Just now, zow2 said:

Because the last time we saw him today he left the field with a lead. Like he sometimes does and we still end of losing.  He sucked in the first half but thought he was the main reason they came back and shoulda won the game.

He played like crap. Unfortunately I think he is changing his style of play due to inept coaching. He won us last weeks game. Not because of a play called by Dorsey but because he scrambled to make something happen. Dorsey is a clown who shouldn’t be allowed to fly home with the team. Put him on a flight to Siberia.

5 minutes ago, rjbbills said:

Poor execution on plays. Knox's drop which is right in his hands ends the drive. What could have been? Quick 5 - 10 yard passes was working. Get down in the red zone, now what we do (Duh....)? Many bad throws by Allen. Shouldn't have had only 10 points going into the fourth. The D made Jones look like a superstar. Guys wide open. No pressure on Jones. This was all on the players. 

Can't remember the last time Knox made a contested catch

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Everyone giving Miller a hard time is insane. The dudes coming off an ACL and earlier than expected. If you thought the first few games back he’d be playing at 100% at an elite level just don’t know a damn thing about football. If by seasons end he’s still playing like this then there might be concerns. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

Wildes picked the Pats in his upset alert and Nick Wrong of all people laughed at him. They had just been stomped out by average teams. Wow how much we’ve fallen.

Our coaches has failed us.  No #2 wr, multiple 1st, 2nd round picks along with many massive signings on the Dline (To cover up from the draft failures), No attempt to upgrade our Wr with Josh Allen as QB.  Yeah FU McDermott and Beane!  FU And your stupid defense

• Eyeroll 1

McDermott is a coward who caved to outside pressure to become less reliant on a unicorn QB and worry more about Allen playing in 2030 than in his prime right now.

I’m glad I’m not an owner, I’d need people to be put in a locked room for 48 hours before making any changes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Keep hope alive fellow Bills fans.  The year Tampa won the super bowl, they were 7-5 after 12 weeks. And just came off a 25 Point loss to the Chiefs at home.

Always play your best football starting around Thanksgiving! 

For some reason the Bucs' 38-3 reverse at home to the Saints sticks to my mind from that season.

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Keep hope alive fellow Bills fans.  The year Tampa won the super bowl, they were 7-5 after 12 weeks. And just came off a 25 Point loss to the Chiefs at home.

Always play your best football starting around Thanksgiving! 

Unless you think we can win 3 straight playoff games on the road when we haven't even won 1 in McDermott's entire tenure, it's hard to be optimistic about where this season is headed.

If Miami wins tonight the division race is all but over given our injuries and remaining schedule

Edited by buffblue

3 minutes ago, julian said:

McDermott is a coward who caved to outside pressure to become less reliant on a unicorn QB and worry more about Allen playing in 2030 than in his prime right now.

I’m glad I’m not an owner, I’d need people to be put in a locked room for 48 hours before making any changes.

He would be fired if it was me.  Enoughbis enough.  The best years were major playoff blunders by..the coaches

15 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

He was the best until he got injured. Can't blame the Bills for taking the risk on him.

Actually I can.  If the Bills are going to take a high risk on a high end player then how about they do it with the O line or an offensive skill player?

Today opened my eyes wider then they have been.  I hope I have to eat my words as the Bills go on a 10 game winning streak but I don't see it happening.  There are two teams with elite franchise QB's that are underachieving and wasting the talent of their super star QB's:  The LA Chargers & Buffalo Bills. And in both cases the franchises have been run by defensive minded head coaches & GM's.

IMO the only reason the Bills have out performed the Chargers over the last few years is that Buffalo has a true home field advantage that is worth 1 - 2 games per season and Allen is better then Herbert which is worth another 1 - 2 games per season.

Cowherd may be a blow hard but he's 100% right about the difference between offensive & defensive coaches in the 2020's.  For example the Bills have had 5 seasons to get the O line right and they haven't. I rest my case.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, vincec said:

What’s hardest for me to swallow is that for the last few years the Bills rarely find a way to win these close games. They eked it out vs the Giants last week, but that seems to be an anomaly.

If we are being honest, we got a lot of help from the refs late in that game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.