McD and Daboll hate each other probably 🤣

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Clearly

But it's not like they didn't have a measure of success together

Holding grudges is for the birds imo

I could be an outlier, but I think it may have had less to do with a grudge, and more to do with the way the Giants players played us.  Tripping, throwing our RT down, stomping on players etc.

The D is more Wink Martindale's territory but Daboll is the HC and "the buck stops here"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

They don’t have Josh Allen. I’d take Daboll over McD any day. Give me Mack like how it was supposed to be as well. So many of us wanted Gronk. They should probably start listening to the fans. 

Mack never lived up to the hype, imo. The dude turned into a ghost as soon as he got his check. He hasn't had a double digits sack season since 2018 and would routinely disappear for 2+ games at a time, make one sack and then disappear again. This year he had a 6 sack miracle game and nothing else. If I wanted to spend $130M in 2018 money, I'd pick a different horse.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

This seems like much more than difference of opinion in terms of coaching philosophy.

I recall after 2020 it seemed like McDermott was annoyed that Daboll didn't get a head coaching job. It raised a red flag for me at that time. It seemed like he was ready to move on.

Other thoughts that come to mind...

Perhaps Daboll was angry with McDermott over 13 seconds. Someone on X said there were rumors that Daboll let McDermott have it afterwards, which would make sense given that Daboll had just overseen a legendary offensive performance and then McDermott ruined it, robbing Daboll of the chance to win a Super Bowl for his hometown team and for Josh on his way out.

Someone else suggested that Daboll made a power play for the head coaching job in Buffalo after 13 seconds.

Yet another suggested that McDermott is jealous of the love that players clearly have for Daboll, which they absolutely do not have for McDermott.

Something else I thought of is that this might have something to do with the fight to secure Dorsey's services. As I recall, both McDermott and Daboll wanted him.

There could be a lot of layers to this onion.

Yesterday, McDermott said that he respects Daboll "as a coach," and there was something there to suggest that he was subtly saying that is the only manner in which he respects him.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That was like early in josh's tenure... Where daboll was constantly yelling and screaming after mistakes

And people said McDermott came to him and told him that you can't coach like that

It's legitimately 5-6 years ago.. but daboll was fiery early on.. he had a habit of screaming at Josh... Then he stopped

Even after Josh made a mistake

Just like he did at Tyrod at the end of the half. Tyrod deserved it, but it's a bad look for a coach to be red faced, screaming and whining. 

Didn't McD put him in the booth at one point to avoid that too? 

• Agree 1

Yea they were very strongly rumoured to have fallen out by the end of Dabes' time here. He then also tried to nick Dorsey when he got hired which probably didn't help. 

6 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Mack never lived up to the hype, imo. The dude turned into a ghost as soon as he got his check. He hasn't had a double digits sack season since 2018 and would routinely disappear for 2+ games at a time, make one sack and then disappear again. This year he had a 6 sack miracle game and nothing else. If I wanted to spend $130M in 2018 money, I'd pick a different horse.

One of the most overrated players of the last decade IMO. 

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I agree with you, not just sports but any venue, screaming and yelling at someone in public does not help performance

I think McDermott is probably very intense, and a player knows when he's "on the carpet" but he doesn't need to scream in public to convey that impression.

Come to think of it, even just the other day McDermott made the comment that screaming at someone probably isn't conducive to a good work environment.

• Like (+1) 1

Say your McDermott and the team you helped build is the reason Daboll is getting serious head coaching consideration. 

Then the Flores report comes out that Daboll doesn't like you, most likely because you did your job and told him what you needed to see from the offense.  Would you have a lot of respect for the guy? 

I get the sense that Daboll is a guy whod be cool to have a beer with.  But not necessarily the type of guy with oodles of maturity.    Love Daboll as a play schemer.  But I am going with McDermott in this one.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That was like early in josh's tenure... Where daboll was constantly yelling and screaming after mistakes

And people said McDermott came to him and told him that you can't coach like that

It's legitimately 5-6 years ago.. but daboll was fiery early on.. he had a habit of screaming at Josh... Then he stopped

Even after Josh made a mistake

Did you notice how Daboll was screaming at Tyrod to end the first half? And Tyrod has been around a while. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I could be an outlier, but I think it may have had less to do with a grudge, and more to do with the way the Giants players played us.  Tripping, throwing our RT down, stomping on players etc.

The D is more Wink Martindale's territory but Daboll is the HC and "the buck stops here"

You think McD was short with the handshake because of a scrum in a football game and not probably because of years of working together?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.