McD and Daboll hate each other probably 🤣

Dablitzkrieg

20 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm sure their not besties but walking off after that game you would have to think both of them were PISSED with how their teams played and how the game ended up.  Probably looks a little bit worse than actually is in that context 

I don't know. McDermott have one of his "hell of a win" speeches after the game with clapping. Didn't seem like a dude that was passed to me

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

What Ben Volin article is this?

If you're talking about the Ben Volin article about Diggs wanting a larger role in the offense in 2023, Daboll is not a likely source.

If you're talking about something else, I don't know.

And I hadn't heard about the "bailed from work early" during the playoffs, but Daboll was interviewing and had the right to interview.  What's all that about?

Again, I could be wrong, but while I believe it's probably true that there was friction between McDermott and Daboll,  I suspect the post-game interaction had a lot more to do with 1) observed behavior of the Giants players during the game and McDermott 100% not being down with that and feeling the buck stopped with Daboll 2) McDermott maybe wanting to get another update on Harris ASAP.

We just disagree.  A Boston writer quotes a league source close to the Bills locker room.  Daboll spent how many years in NE?  It screams Daboll or someone who wants people to think it was Daboll trying to mess with us.  

Daboll left early the day before Schoen was announced as the Giants’ GM.  He knew he was gone. 

On 10/17/2023 at 12:27 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Two totally different personalities.

Daboll is pretty clever and he knows it but he's a sloppy mess as a HC.   His strengths plays a lot better in a smaller role.  Those guys tend to have disastrous seasons like he is having now.   As I've been telling people here for years........he's like a Sam Wyche 2.0........but in a league where success is more fleeting due to free agency/salary cap.

McDermott isn't as clever but also probably knows it and is subsequently systematic and detail oriented and guys like him tend to win consistently at the NFL level because so much of the success is just getting a whole bunch of 20 something year old guys to stay on point and in sync.

Perhaps ideally you find someone who is the best of both...........but if you want one or the other it sure ain't Daboll.

He belongs back in Alabama as the OC where he was spectacular, especially compared to what they have now.

I don’t know why this matters for Buffalo Bills fans? We don’t really know and really who cares if doesn’t effect the Bills anymore plus the NFL is a very competitive business. I don’t want Sean McDermott not competitive smiling and clowning around with the enemy opposing head coach as far as I am concerned. If you are not a Buffalo Bill anymore you are the enemy that is how sports work in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/16/2023 at 10:02 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

My theory:

I think the most obvious one here is that at some point there seemed to be some friction with how the offense had been performing toward the middle of 2021 dropping 3 out of 4 games.

I’m sure this led to resentment from Daboll, because it’s not like the Bills D was playing “lights out” either, which *could have been behind many reporters interpreting McDermott’s comments about the offense akin to “throwing his OC under the bus.”  Daboll was well-liked by the media and had a great relationship with many.

Perhaps this period is what led to Daboll’s alleged unhappiness, which came out in the Flores lawsuit.

Seeing this news probably was embarrassing to McDermott on top of already having some tension in the past.  This coupled with a ***** performance from his team is probably what led to McDermott bouncing 

15 minutes ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

Sean's 13 second blunder cost his entire coaching staff a huge playoff bonus and a shot at rapid career advancement. 

Of course they don't like him!

Had nothing to do with this game

13 minutes ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

You don't think Sean absolutely blowing the 13 second game after Daboll's guys walked off the field with a lead caused any friction between the two? Lol.

Well Sean McDermott doesn't call defensive plays 2 years ago 

And if you're going to let that cause friction... Then every time McDermott's defense gave daboll the ball back and they didn't score should also cause friction

Why get into coaching if a loss will make you hate your peer 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

You don't think Sean absolutely blowing the 13 second game after Daboll's guys walked off the field with a lead caused any friction between the two? Lol.

No… if you read my comment above, I think it had more to do with someone of the comments he made about the offense earlier that season and the info from the Flores lawsuit

20 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well Sean McDermott doesn't call defensive plays 2 years ago 

And if you're going to let that cause friction... Then every time McDermott's defense gave daboll the ball back and they didn't score should also cause friction

Why get into coaching if a loss will make you hate your peer 

Not sure how accurate the reports are but there's been some that say McDermott took over play calling during 13 seconds. 

Edit. Just did a quick Google search and this was first thing that came up

https://buffalowdown.com/posts/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-defense-13-second-chiefs-drive-01h32p0hhhhf#:~:text=NFL Insider claims it was,defense on that final drive.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Not sure how accurate the reports are but there's been some that say McDermott took over play calling during 13 seconds. 

https://buffalowdown.com/posts/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-defense-13-second-chiefs-drive-01h32p0hhhhf#:~:text=NFL Insider claims it was,defense on that final drive.

Pure unsupported conjecture at the link.

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

ya, there were numerous people pouring water on this almost as soon as it came out

On 10/17/2023 at 12:16 PM, SectionC3 said:

Remember the article (I think by Ty Dunne) in which a former assistant is quoted as saying “I’d rather tell him to his face” in response to a question about what it was like working for McDermott.  I’ve assumed it was

Daboll, and the “handshake” doesn’t disabuse that notion. 

Ty Dunne really hates on McDermott.  I really think Daboll is a big source for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

After watching the computer nerd coach hug McDermott postgame for like 30 seconds and tell him how much he respected him then seeing 2 guys who worked closely together for years barely acknowledge each other it's pretty clear there's no love lost. 

Whose to say that Daboll wasn't the one in the wrong with whatever happened though? Maybe he acted unprofessionally and McDermott didn't/doesn't appreciate it. 

On 10/16/2023 at 8:41 PM, Araiza Curse said:

My post speak for themselves. 

I wanted Hall and Woolen. We would be a better team if we took them. 

Yes they do!!!  🤣

On 10/17/2023 at 4:06 PM, krf139 said:

Prediction - before Josh Allen’s Bills career is over, Brian Daboll will be head coach of the Bills 

More likely he runs for congress.  

4 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Yeah I don't buy it

I don't believe McDermott let's Frazier call an entire season and then takes it away with 13 seconds left

The one time he did take away play calling 6 years ago the entire Buffalo media picked up on it and asked him at the podium

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.