JA and company are locking in on Diggs to a fault and here is the proof watch the whole thing

Coldfronts

• Coldfronts changed the title to JA and company are locking in on Digs to a fault and here is the proof at 6.45 time stamp

It's a problem, but we don't really know the root of it. 

Is it because Diggs is read 1 on practically every play and Allen trusts his arm to just gun it to him? If so, Dorsey needs to diversify the playbook to get more pieces involved.

Is it because Allen doesn't trust the other guys? Then they need to find whatever they can to establish that trust.

Is it because the other guys just don't get open? Well I don't know how you fix that, better schemes I guess.

I think it's a scheme issue and a read issue, honestly. 

• Agree 1

• Coldfronts changed the title to JA and company are locking in on Digs to a fault and here is the proof at 6.45 time stamp is good ex

Don’t blame him at all.

In fact I’d push 20 targets per game to him.

Does anyone play with Diggs competitiveness or fire?

6 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

It's a problem, but we don't really know the root of it. 

Is it because Diggs is read 1 on practically every play and Allen trusts his arm to just gun it to him? If so, Dorsey needs to diversify the playbook to get more pieces involved.

Is it because Allen doesn't trust the other guys? Then they need to find whatever they can to establish that trust.

Is it because the other guys just don't get open? Well I don't know how you fix that, better schemes I guess.

I think it's a scheme issue and a read issue, honestly. 

We are getting what we pay for on offensive skill position. 

Who is their right mind thinks 5’6” Deonte Harty is a consistent playmaker?

Who in their right mind is like we gotta get Trent Sherfield some more snaps out wide?

Our talent is average.

Thats why on all the pre season lists the Bills are mid pack when their weapons are rated. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If you want to someone to catch to the ball, look for Diggs. Knox and Gabe are iffy pass catchers. I wouldn't trust them either...

This has been a known issue and I do wish Beane pushes harder during the offseason for WR2. Kincaid is nice, but he isn't WR2 and neither is Davis....

• Agree 2

• Coldfronts changed the title to JA and company are locking in on Diggs to a fault and here is the proof watch the whole thing

The 2023 Bills are setting themselves up for more Cincy-Buffalo Divisional game disappointment because they *still* haven't developed any reliable plan to get the hard yards outside of Stefon Diggs.  There's no built in balance, and seemingly little interest to create any.  

It is concerning that through 6 games, Diggs has 66 targets and Davis is a distant 2nd with 30.   Knox 25.   

I'd rather have Diggs as my closer with more targets in the 2nd half of games, and let my first half be targets to someone else and get them into a rhythm.

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I'd rather have Diggs as my closer with more targets in the 2nd half of games, and let my first half be targets to someone else and get them into a rhythm.

It seemed like Josh would go to Kincaid early in games to get the defense focused on covering the whole formation. For whatever reason, Josh seemed to be hyper focused on Diggs last night. Maybe he’s not in agreement with certain offensive approaches and is trying to send a message to the coaches?  Just like with his running - the coaches have been trying to reel him in for a couple years now.  It’s now to the point where Josh refuses to take the easy run yards available to him. Maybe he’s sending a message to the coaches that he’s not happy not being able to play more free?  

1 minute ago, eball said:

Diggs is open all the time.  You'd prefer we look elsewhere first?

I sort of see both sides on this. I think it would help the rhythm of the offense to get some more guys involved earlier.

People gripe about Gabe and Knox dropping balls. It’s tougher to get into a rhythm when you only get like 2 targets. 

I really liked that little out to Shakir yesterday and the goal line pass to Harty. Keep feeding Diggs— but mix some more of that in so guys can get a feel for the game. I think it will up the level of play across the board.

• Like (+1) 2

Not rocket science I said it earlier today it’s too one dimensional and easy for the opposition to scout & defend.  You need to keep everyone honest.  We’re basically a one trick pony.

Our OC & JA are SD infatuated at the expense of our TE’s, other WR’s etc….  It’s a limited scheme. If SD is doubled or taken out of the game by the opposing D we flounder.  JA forcing it to SD is no bueno…. 14 against that crappy a$$ D last was absurd.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Agree 2

I’m not sure the throws to Diggs are as much the OC as it is Allen. 

Who may not trust anyone else on O at all.  Davis a little bit more.  

But all the other pieces are new.  

I think it’s obvious what Diggs was mad about this summer.  

“Why are we switching to 12?  Who is Dalton Kincaid?  Why are we changing what was working - just get a competent slot or another legit WR to spell and take over for Gabe after this season.”

The personnel decisions and the direction of the O are on Beane and McD.  But looking back this spring it’s like they let Dorsey and his preferred scheme win out but does that suit Allen?   

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Did anybody notice Tirico point out how Tyrod was targeting Elam? Conversely, did anybody notice Allen targeting any specific defender on the Giants? Or a specific part of the field? Or a specific weakness of the Giants defense? I sure as ***** never noticed the Bills offense targeting anything in particular. I can't remember the last time I do remember Dorsey game planning to go after the other team's Elam. That's the difference. That's why the Dorsey's offense is becoming so easy to game plan for. All the other team has to do is concentrate on is defending a couple particular plays in running situations and then Diggs in obvious passing situations and you have cracked the Bills code.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.