The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

Is Terry Pegula asleep at the wheel?

7 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

They are not firing McD mid season.  Not even worth discussing it.  Clearly an OC change is what is realistic. 

I think they should absolutely clean house if we are eliminated from the playoffs who cares if its mid season or not.

11 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

They are not firing McD mid season.  Not even worth discussing it.  Clearly an OC change is what is realistic. 

I'm not even ready for a change in the OC mid-season.  Sean simply needs to address the shortcomings of the offensive game plan and play calling with Doresy.  But when I hear the answers McD gives to questions about the offense he leaves me with the impression of a guy that doesn't know what's going on or has no input into the offense.  That's an unacceptable situation for a HC.  Get into the office with Dorsey and let him know what you want to see changed.  I expect he'd be receptive but if he refuses than you've got a problem with your OC and at that point it would be appropriate to relieve him of his duties. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Is Terry Pegula asleep at the wheel?

I think they should absolutely clean house if we are eliminated from the playoffs who cares if its mid season or not.

I dont think Pegula is as emotional and volatile as we are.  It's just a business.  A good one.  He has done a good job.  He probably looks at it thru that lens. 

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Cover1 was pretty harsh with Dorsey's play calling in their film review this week. Good watch:

It's not just this week.  It's the same plays every week regardless of opponent. This is why the Bills offense is so predictable. An opposing team can watch one week and see the same concepts from all the other weeks.

48 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think a lot of the McD "doomers" have a point, but you're definitely right. He's not going anywhere this season, or probably next.  Moving on from Dorsey is realistic and in my opinion a change that is needed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It's not just this week.  It's the same plays every week regardless of opponent. This is why the Bills offense is so predictable. An opposing team can watch one week and see the same concepts from all the other weeks.

Leads to easy INTs as well when the defense knows what is coming

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I don't think we need to, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this Dabol's offense still? It's all about making minor tweaks, and knowing when to call certain plays, and how to attack a defense. Dorsey amazingly has zero feel for the game. That's why our offense feels so clunky.

I think there is some carry over , but Dorsey has put his stamp all over it and made it his own IMO.

Let’s see how the Bills offense ranks in different player-based metrics. All stats are from pro football reference unless noted otherwise.

completion % - 71.3% - 2nd best

pass block win rate (ESPN) - 65% - 5th best

run block win rate (ESPN) - 74% - 3rd best

drop % - 3.5% - t-8th lowest

yards after the catch - 1091 - 5th most 

yards after contact (rushing) - 395 - 8th most

The players are doing their jobs and executing the plays at a high level. The issue is that the plays being called aren’t ending up with points being put up on the board. It’s as clear as day.

6 hours ago, Billever76 said:

^^^This...fans don't realize McDermott isn't only the HC...he is co GM..he is co OC and he is also DC...he is a meddling control freak 

I mean yeah that’s kind of what a HC is supposed to do. They oversee and/or have direct involvement in every aspect of the team. The issue isn’t that he’s a control freak, it’s that he’s just not a smart coach.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 14774 said:

I 100% agree that Dorsey must go. If he's fired mid-season, who replaces him? If he's fired after, who replaces him? 

Mid-season, Joe Brady. After the season, we clean house and hire an OC as HC. Ben Johnson or Bobby slowik