The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

19 hours ago, Peter said:

I will let Josh Allen respond to the keyboard jockeys who are pushing the ridiculous anti-Dorsey narrative:

"Allen, however, left no doubt about where he stands with his offensive coordinator, saying he trusts him implicitly.

'All of it is,' the quarterback said when asked if any of the criticism of Dorsey is misguided. 'Nobody knows what’s going on in between walls here. Nobody knows the reads that we have in the quarterback room. Nobody knows the blocking schemes that we’re putting in the offensive line room. Again, it comes down to us executing and making sure that I’m on task and making sure that I’m trying to guide this offense in the right way. Making sure I’m making good decisions. It starts with me, so that’s No. 1.'”

Inside the Bills: Why team's offensive captains take issue with recent criticism of Ken Dorsey

Ok then I'll say it, quit $#@!@! Up Josh.  If it's not dorsey then it's you.  No one here can deny week 1 was 100% on him.  Jags and NYG he looked like %#@! for a out 6 of 8 quarters.

Sigh...no matter who this team hires someone will want him fired within a year. It's a no win job.

If you don't score 40 points every game you have failed. Then even if you do people will complain about run/pass balance, turnovers, dumb calls, etc.

Complete delusion this fan base has been spoiled with from being the best offense in the NFL over the last 3 years where if they are awesome it's expected and if they are anything other than that, it's fireable.

Go watch other games more. Get some perspective.

Edited by BillsUberAlles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Peter said:

I will let Josh Allen respond to the keyboard jockeys who are pushing the ridiculous anti-Dorsey narrative:

"Allen, however, left no doubt about where he stands with his offensive coordinator, saying he trusts him implicitly.

'All of it is,' the quarterback said when asked if any of the criticism of Dorsey is misguided. 'Nobody knows what’s going on in between walls here. Nobody knows the reads that we have in the quarterback room. Nobody knows the blocking schemes that we’re putting in the offensive line room. Again, it comes down to us executing and making sure that I’m on task and making sure that I’m trying to guide this offense in the right way. Making sure I’m making good decisions. It starts with me, so that’s No. 1.'”

Inside the Bills: Why team's offensive captains take issue with recent criticism of Ken Dorsey

What’s ridiculous about the displeasure with Dorsey?  He has a top 2 QB and a top 5 WR and his offense isn’t producing. Do you really think Josh would publicly criticize his OC?  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Peter said:

That’s kinda Josh’s job.

if Dorsey is doing such a great job, why is he not a hot head coaching candidate?

52 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Sigh...no matter who this team hires someone will want him fired within a year. It's a no win job.

If you don't score 40 points every game you have failed. Then even if you do people will complain about run/pass balance, turnovers, dumb calls, etc.

Complete delusion this fan base has been spoiled with from being the best offense in the NFL over the last 3 years where if they are awesome it's expected and if they are anything other than that, it's fireable.

Go watch other games more. Get some perspective.

Again, I pose the question above. An OC orchestrating a highly ranked offense two years in a row should be getting lots of buzz, right?

1 hour ago, Franco_92 said:

Why? Dart has been their most effective run for a month or so and they do it from shotgun.

I don't inherently mind the shotgun runs, but I do hate those calls in short yardage situations. Same with the pitch we had on 2nd and short that ended up like a 5 yard loss against the Jags. In short yardage situations I hate moving the ball further from the LOS to start the play. It doesn't make any sense. I see people say "Allen needs to focus on getting 1st downs first" but his OC isn't exactly discouraging that mindset with his play calls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I am not sold on Dorsey still

Some improvement ? Yes

But adjusting and getting those down to the field are not showing up

For context as some have mentioned , we do have a ton of at least mid level talents and much of it is above. and a few are Top Level.

yet Bills offense does not play up to their potential it seems

Josh can say whatever he needs to.

lets see some consistent drives where defenses are adjusting to the Offensive gains for a full quarter again.

I am sure its everyone on the team who can take some blame. But it still looks like the play calls and execution are lacking. Dorsey has to own that. and the McD has to own all of it

Edited by 3rdand12

19 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The thing that drives me nuts is Josh loves shotgun, but has so much more success under center.  McD has analytics guys so I’m sure he knows it.  When you’re the boss, sometimes, you direct your crew to do things a certain way.  More ypr, more ypc, etc.

Eh, I can understand why Josh would like it on plays where they do it and they're going 5 wide and are just attacking down field, like there's no screwing around with it just all downhill passing. That being said our O-line has to be able to give him time for that to work.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Eh, I can understand why Josh would like it on plays where they do it and they're going 5 wide and are just attacking down field, like there's no screwing around with it just all downhill passing. That being said our O-line has to be able to give him time for that to work.

I might suggest , you have to be able to set those plays up with other plays to preface.

And motion might be a better way to get there.

O Line is much improved , no question. But still

5 wide is a hard core play call and you better have a hot read (or two)

22 hours ago, Peter said:

Ok then Josh. If it's not Ken then its you. Be better.

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

22/23 playoffs, Jets opener, 3 points in 3 quarters vs Jags, and 14 points against the Giants.  So 5 of the last 8 games the offense has been abysmal.  

Top5 in the NFL in nearly every offensive category means nothing to you then

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Top5 in the NFL in nearly every offensive category means nothing to you then

No 

getting blanked for 3 quarters against the Jags, losing to Zack Wilson, and should have lost to Giants mostly because the offense isn’t performing.  The D is doing their job.  Stats…mean nothing to me through 6 games.  

Edited by TheWeatherMan

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

22/23 playoffs, Jets opener, 3 points in 3 quarters vs Jags, and 14 points against the Giants.  So 5 of the last 8 games the offense has been abysmal.  

….and yet, we are third in the NFL in scoring average with 28.8 points/game. 

I want to see more consistent performances, but #3 in the league is not too shabby. EVERY team has ups and downs, but I think the big picture can tell us something too, including what you prefer to focus on. 

• Agree 1

I actually think Dorsey has gotten better mixing in more under center plays.

Where I think they need more work is figuring out just where and when those alignments work best.

Last week there were just a lot of execution errors. Ultimately that falls on Dorsey and the Offensive coaching staff to correct, but guys were schemed open plenty.

Patience is in short supply in this league. If Allen and the other players on offense want to see Dorsey stick around they will need to focus a hell of a lot better out there.

3 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

No 

getting blanked for 3 quarters against the Jags, losing to Zack Wilson, and should have lost to Giants mostly because the offense isn’t performing.  The D is doing their job.  Stats…mean nothing to me through 6 games.  

Stats aren't everything but they can be useful, even early on like rn

For example they suggest that the difference between how we lost to the Jags and how the Chiefs beat them is not how our respective offenses performed, contrary to your view

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Augie said:

….and yet, we are third in the NFL in scoring average with 28.8 points/game. 

I want to see more consistent performances, but #3 in the league is not too shabby. EVERY team has ups and downs, but I think the big picture can tell us something too, including what you prefer to focus on. 

Just like you said…No consistency.  If you can’t consistently perform at a high level you aren’t going to win SB’s.  

Just like you said…No consistency.  If you can’t consistently perform at a high level you aren’t going to win SB’s.  

Well, that’s just not true. You need some luck and some health, and you need to peak at the right time. This team is capable of winning a Super Bowl, but only on our good days. Everybody has stinkers. That includes the Chiefs, Eagles and all the Big Boys. You don’t have to look too far back to see evidence of that. 

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Well, that’s just not true. You need some luck and some health, and you need to peak at the right time. This team is capable of winning a Super Bowl, but only on our good days. Everybody has stinkers. That includes the Chiefs, Eagles and all the Big Boys. You don’t have to look too far back to see evidence of that. 

The 20, 21, 22 Bills are evidence enough of that.  Chiefs have stinkers, but they don’t habitually do it against poor teams or in the playoffs.  Regardless of the OC, any offense that has Josh Allen and Stephon Diggs, would statistically be a top  5 offense.  

22 hours ago, Augie said:

Does everybody have stinkers 4 of their first 7 games and 6 of their last 9?  

Does everybody have stinkers 4 of their first 7 games and 6 of their last 9?  

Do you come here for a reason? 

I stand by the Bills, but I also know it’s just entertainment. Funny how you pick this very moment to post that. You just look to lean negative. They look bad right now. Other times they put up 48. I am aware that the season has ups and downs. You just look for the downs so you can be “right”. That must be a miserable existence. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I think I believe Dorsey sucks…can one of the apologists tell me how awesome he is?  

So allen throws a pick on play 1

td drive on drive 2, but the RB put them in 3rd and 17 instead by committing a penalty that we otherwise scored on 

More penalties and torrence getting immediately beat on 3rd down of drive 3

And a long drive on drive 4 before torrence gets beat for a sack again 

I know you have unintelligible rage at the general way the game is going, but you would need to articulate which part is dorsey's fault I guess because the offense is moving when they are executing and stalling when they stop

Just now, Augie said:

Do you come here for a reason? 

I stand by the Bills, but I also know it’s just entertainment. Funny how you pick this very moment to post that. You just look to lean negative. They look bad right now. Other times they put up 48. I am aware that the season has ups and downs. You just look for the downs so you can be “right”. That must be a miserable existence. 

They’ve looked bad the last 3 weeks.  Take the rose colored glasses off.  

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

They’ve looked bad the last 3 weeks.  Take the rose colored glasses off.  

They have. They also look fantastic at times. View the BIG PICTURE! I can’t say what they can be at the end of the year, but I’ll wait and see. I’ll let you gloat in them looking bad. I wouldn’t want to live that way. You be you. Goodbye for today.