Giants @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

But we beat the Fish and no AFC team is running away with it. Hard to watch but it might be the right year to have warts

Apply some ointment PRONTO on that thing!  We don't need anything festing around here.  Figure some S out and get back to dominating - which they absolutely can, against any team.  They just need to be waaaaay more consistent!

19 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I meant that had that been Knicaid and not knox he would have caught the ball.  Doesn't knox have a hand injury to boot?

He has a wrist injury I think @HappyDays said he heard it involved a fracture? which with a wrist I'd that could obviously also effect catching. I just can't take too big a shot at him for it when it was a tough catch, ideally Kincaid would have been active today and he could have filled more of his role today.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

C'mon, what should have been an easy throw was badly underthrown. Josh is not perfect, and it was a worse throw than a bad catch.

What I equate it to in hockey is, when you pass it to a good player they want that pass hard, on the tape. They want the puck to arrive as quick as possible before the defense arrives. They will catch the pass when it arrives.

When you pass to a bad player, you want to lay it to them in space so they can actually have a chance of receiving it and not clanking it directly to an opponent. You're almost trying to catch the pass FOR the guy you're passing it to by passing it limply.

That pass to Dawson looked like the second thing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Unfortunately I feel like it’s smoke and mirrors and they’ve been bad throughout but it’s been masked…we’ve got a lot of skill position players chipping to help the oline out and they’re still not holding up

It masked is having Diggs on pace for a career year, I'll take that any season.  It's clearly a 2 man show this year.  If they can get consistency at the other skill spots, that's when they are at their best.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

He has a wrist injury I think @HappyDays said he heard it involved a fracture? which with a wrist I'd that could obviously also effect catching. I just can't take too big a shot at him for it when it was a tough catch, ideally Kincaid would have been active today and he could have filled more of his role today.

That's fair but also frustrating.  I watched a lot of college and pro football this weekend and I saw a lot of catches like that and some even tougher ones being made.

11 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Can't disagree.  O line has had its moments, but they continue to struggle when Josh needs 3-4 secs.  That's not awesome.

The OL was an embarrassment.  Dorsey's playcalling is absolutely awful.  We are absolutely wasting JA with some of these offensive concepts.  Sorry but this is not sustainable nor is this a playoff team. Maybe 9-10 wins tops but that's probably it.  Elam must go and Ford/Settle are worthless.  Gotta always "activate Josh saves the game" mode.  Again too many drops tonight....

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

It masked is having Diggs on pace for a career year, I'll take that any season.  It's clearly a 2 man show this year.  If they can get consistency at the other skill spots, that's when they are at their best.

Oh yea diggs is not being kept around the LOS to chip so he’s got free reign…Davis/Kincaid/Knox have been doing it though at various times.  I don’t think more consistency at the skill positions is coming until this offensive line can learn how to pick up stunts no matter who we bring in here.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

How much of the lousy offense tonight was due to Daboll knowing our offense?

More then we might admit and that's on Dorsey.  Two things stuck out to me:

1) Early in the game they mentioned that the Giants put NT directly on our center.  This is unusual for them but it reflects DaBoll knowing that an undersized Morris struggles when a guy is pounding him all game.

2) On the INT and two other plays where an open receiver was there for the quick slant the Giants dropped a LB into that space. 

The thing I would like to know is how close to DaBoll's passing offense is Dorsey still running?

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

More then we might admit and that's on Dorsey.  Two things stuck out to me:

1) Early in the game they mentioned that the Giants put NT directly on our center.  This is unusual for them but it reflects DaBoll knowing that an undersized Morris struggles when a guy is pounding him all game.

2) On the INT and two other plays where an open receiver was there for the quick slant the Giants dropped a LB into that space. 

The thing I would like to know is how close to DaBoll's passing offense is Dorsey still running?

Josh said in his post game presser that it's basically the same offense

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.