Super Bowl in London?

Ya Digg?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38658609/nfl-pondering-possibility-playing-super-bowl-london

This is would absolutely awful if the NFL did this. What time would you play the game? Would the players be playing in the carpet the Bills did last week? If you’re a fan of one of the teams playing, good luck getting a ticket to the game!

• Vomit 4
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38658609/nfl-pondering-possibility-playing-super-bowl-london

This is would absolutely awful if the NFL did this. What time would you play the game? Would the players be playing in the carpet the Bills did last week? If you’re a fan of one of the teams playing, good luck getting a ticket to the game!

That don't confront me, long as I gets my bangers and mash...

🤨

18 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The NFL, ... SMH.  

Talk about insatiable greed.  

I love the Bills, but hate the NFL.  

And when would it be played there, at midnight.  LOL 

It'd have to start around 2pm/3pm Eastern Time at the latest. There's no point moving it to London if they're going to play it overnight in the usual Super Bowl slot.

Even as a Brit - ridiculous idea.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Commissioner Goodell has commanded you watch the next Broncos game in the following manner:

image.thumb.jpeg.6af90989091d5f9d5947f036f28b3464.jpeg

A fellow Brandon Perna fan, I see. My favorite thing this week was him superimposing Kevin James’ face over Sean Payton and then never saying anything about it. 

18 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

What a great way to reward us fans of American football. Goodlell should just create his own new league overseas and leave the NFL. 

I’ve mentioned this before, but NOTHING happens in the NFL without the owner’s approval. Lot of misdirected anger at Goodell. 

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

A fellow Brandon Perna fan, I see. My favorite thing this week was him superimposing Kevin James’ face over Sean Payton and then never saying anything about it. 

Actually, never heard of him until now.  I just remember the forced viewing of the antagonist in 'A Clockwork Orange'.  It seemed to slot in nicely with the authoritarian bent of the NFL's UK experiment.  Resistance is futile. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

10 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Actually, never heard of him until now.  I just remember the forced viewing of the antagonist in 'A Clockwork Orange'.  It seemed to slot in nicely with the authoritarian bent of the NFL's UK experiment.  Resistance is futile. 😁

It’s just odd that both you and he came up with the same metaphor for watching the Broncos.

Edited by FrenchConnection

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ve mentioned this before, but NOTHING happens in the NFL without the owner’s approval. Lot of misdirected anger at Goodell. 

Yes and no. Owners approval is needed, sure. However think of Goodell as the idea man. He pitches stuff like this to ownership and tells them how much money they stand to make...which is what they care about. As long as he tells the donkeys in ownership they stand to profit they will vote for whatever he suggests. And he's made them a LOT of money of the years doing this which is why he keeps his job. It's not like he's an innocent bystander.

46 minutes ago, wppete said:

Ridiculous idea.. they need to cancel all London games all together. 

Agree, London games are farcical at best. 

The NFL should just buck up and and restart that junior league they had over there some years back, and stop screwing the fan base and players with this traveling circus crap. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have always thought the higher seed should host every year. No different than any other American sport. 

That's too big of a advantage. 

I don't have data to back it up, but I'm guessing home field is a much bigger advantage in football than other sports?

7 minutes ago, Process said:

I don't have data to back it up, but I'm guessing home field is a much bigger advantage in football than other sports?

Fair point, but I also don’t think championships need to be neutral. But it is more important to a one and done game too.

Worth noting that home field advantage in the NFL has been on the decline since before COVID. 

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Actually, it the opposite. here’s the home team win rates in north american professional sports:

MLS: 69%
NBA: 63%

NHL: 59%

NFL: 58%

MLB: 54%

However, teams hosting the SB in their own stadiums are 2-0.

https://www.chicagobooth.edu/review/home-field-advantage-facts-and-fiction#:~:text=In basketball%2C NBA teams win,American football%2C it's 57.6%.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Fair point, but I also don’t think championships need to be neutral. But it is more important to a one and done game too.

Worth noting that home field advantage in the NFL has been on the decline since before COVID. 

I saw something earlier this week that said home teams currently have a losing record this season 

• Like (+1) 1

Stupid idea and it will never be done. 

The overseas games should only be played between two teams coming off a bye week. If done like that the teams could travel a week in advance, settle in and actually enjoy the trip, not just fly over, play jet lagged and go back. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.