NFL Week 6: Why does the Buffalo market get such bad games early Sunday?

Offside Number 76

I can't imagine most of us want to watch out-of-conference Seattle against 2-3 Cincinnati, but that's what we get at 1pm on CBS instead of rooting for Carolina against Miami, or watching a tiebreaker matchup atop the AFC south between Indy and Jacksonville.

Fox doesn't have anything interesting at all in that time slot, so I guess SF at Browns is the best the league can do.

But why is our CBS affiliate carrying a game that few of us could care about?

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Honestly would rather watch the Cinci/Seattle game. I don’t see the Mia-Car game even being close, but I understand your point. 

Yeah, I have the same answer. The Miami game is more important but the only way Miami doesn't win that is "any given Sunday." Cinci/Seattle should at least be a good game and also still important to us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Offside Number 76 said:

I can't imagine most of us want to watch out-of-conference Seattle against 2-3 Cincinnati, but that's what we get at 1pm on CBS instead of rooting for Carolina against Miami, or watching a tiebreaker matchup atop the AFC south between Indy and Jacksonville.

Fox doesn't have anything interesting at all in that time slot, so I guess SF at Browns is the best the league can do.

Miami, Carolina, Indy, and Jacksonville are all small markets, and CBS wants to have as many eye as possible on the Seeattle-Cincy game, due to ratings purposes. Plus, Cincinnati is still one of our main rivals in the conference.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, chongli said:

Miami, Carolina, Indy, and Jacksonville are all small markets, and CBS wants to have as many eye as possible on the Seeattle-Cincy game, due to ratings purposes. Plus, Cincinnati is still one of our main rivals in the conference.

Miami and Carolina will most likely be a bad game. I wouldn't be surprised if that game is over by halftime or the 3rd quarter at the latest. Another reason why the Bills have to win Sunday night because the Fins aren't losing this weekend.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Miami and Carolina will most likely be a bad game. I wouldn't be surprised if that game is over by halftime or the 3rd quarter at the latest. Another reason why the Bills have to win Sunday night because the Fins aren't losing this weekend.

Let's hope Miami loses the next week against Philly.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Offside Number 76 said:

Yes we are.  And that's going to be a complete blowout.  It's also going to be my nap between the 1pm games and the Bills game, so personally, I won't care.

I don't know about that. I think the Eagles will win but that Jets defense can keep it close. They beat the Bills and almost beat the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Offside Number 76 said:

I wish POShaun was playing. Would love to see Nick Bosa do this (for reals):

image.jpeg.25ea5b5e5ea7dd69dfb3ecfcc1aa7fd4.jpeg

Wow, I would much rather watch Cincy vs Seattle. It's a decent matchup, and The Bengals being in the AFC is of interest to us. Why would anyone in their right mind want to watch Miami vs Carolina??? Miami is probably going to score 80 on them.

10 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Ehh, I enjoy watching the Patriots crumble and Belicheck getting even more angry, very soothing to me, schadenfreudian.

I actually was thinking that as I was typing... this year, I actually like watching their dumster fire. But their uniforms still get me upset

• Like (+1) 2

Why wouldn't we want to see if Cincy turned it's season around with a good offensive showing last week or if it was a fluke?

They are teetering in the brink of disaster this season for a team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year.

I think quite a few people, including myself wants to see this game.

7 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Why wouldn't we want to see if Cincy turned it's season around with a good offensive showing last week or if it was a fluke?

They are teetering in the brink of disaster this season for a team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year.

I think quite a few people, including myself wants to see this game.

go Seahawks!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yes we are.  And that's going to be a complete blowout.  It's also going to be my nap between the 1pm games and the Bills game, so personally, I won't care.

Disagree. Philly don’t look as complete as last year. Barely beat the Pats, Commanders and Rams. Bucs were the only team they looked to completely outclass even though Hurts didn’t play his best. 

Are they a top team in the league? Yes. But don’t count out that Jets team even with Zach Wilson out there. They’ve been competitive in every game except the Cowboys. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Disagree. Philly don’t look as complete as last year. Barely beat the Pats, Commanders and Rams. Bucs were the only team they looked to completely outclass even though Hurts didn’t play his best. 

Are they a top team in the league? Yes. But don’t count out that Jets team even with Zach Wilson out there. They’ve been competitive in every game except the Cowboys. 

Eagles announced today that both Jalen Carter and Darius Slay won't play vs the Jets. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Offside Number 76 said:

I would imagine the networks have the data on viewership that shows the historical popularity of teams in every market.   The data drives the decision .. too much money at stake to do it any other way

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I would imagine the networks have the data on viewership that shows the historical popularity of teams in every market.   The data drives the decision .. too much money at stake to do it any other way

Yes, in fact, FOX Sports makes public each week which games have what percent of the too 58 markets (regionalizations):

https://mcusercontent.com/4ef9e48118d62394ba5b65ae9/files/3b7e90f8-e0c8-c240-5249-2f6dc3c6372a/Week_6_NFL_Regionalization.pdf

Edited by chongli

When I looked at this weeks schedule all I saw were bad game in the entire 1:00 slot.  So can't say western NY got screwed, the entire country did. Bengals were supposed to be one of the best teams in conference so that was expected to be a good one.

If you really were interested in watching the Miami Carolina game, I'd suggest finding a better hobby.  :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.