Jerry Jeudy is Available (?) Do you want him & What is your offer?

Warriorspikes51

With the way McDermott brings along new players and what it would probably cost, I probably wouldn't bother.

Gabe Davis is playing at a high level so Jeudy would be no better than WR3. And he'd cut into Dalton Kincaid's targets and growth as he's (no doubt) being brought along slowly as well.

McDermott, for as much good as he brings, is an EXTREMELY conservative coach when it comes to new players coming to the team. Beane would make a move for him and fans would be screaming "why isn't Jeudy getting more playing time?"

If moves are going to be made on this team, they should be looking at other positions before Pass Catchers. I don't think that's even remotely a problem right now.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

Sutton could be had for a 5th.  He’s garbage.

Sutton doesn’t produce against top CB’s anymore. Can he get open against 3rd or 4th DB’s? I think so. 

Just now, Comebackkid said:

Doesn't matter if the dude in charge has no idea how to use them

No one in Trent Sherfields entire NFL career has been able to use him. Is every coach he has had bad? Or is he just an end of the roster bum? 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s the talent. 

Trent and Harty have around 1700 yards and 8 receiving TD’s between the two of them in 11 NFL seasons combined.

In 7 NFL season, Isaiah McKenzie has had 1300 yards and 11 receiving TD’s.

These bums were the “upgraded receiving core?”

Gabe Davis 2.0 means Sherfield and Harty don’t see the field again.

Gabe aint perfect but he’s at least a good NFLer.

Sutton is too similar. We need a guy like Jeudy who is more shifty and explosive and a polished route runner 

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sutton doesn’t produce against top CB’s anymore. Can he get open against 3rd or 4th DB’s? I think so. 

No one in Trent Sherfields entire NFL career has been able to use him. Is every coach he has had bad? Or is he just an end of the roster bum? 

Hard to say but is it every receiver we bring in not named Diggs or is the coaching philosophy flawed

Unless they’re giving Jeudy away for a 6th, I think it would be reckless to offer anything of substance for him right now.  

Beane needs to find out if a move needs to be made at LB and/or CB before the trade deadline.   I’d throw in DT, but I believe McDermott when he says Poona is a good player and it was just a numbers game with him being solely a 1T.  

A Jeudy trade, as opposed to a trade for a vet 1 year guy also makes thing kinda awkward with Davis.  

Based on what we had when we started the season our defense has taken the most loss.  I wouldn't expect an offensive player unless a RB like Mcaffrey becomes available.

7 hours ago, DJB said:

Sutton is too similar. We need a guy like Jeudy who is more shifty and explosive and a polished route runner 

Should it be telling that Payton would have no interest in him?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, mrags said:

The extra 3rd rounder we have would be about as high of a pick as I’d be willing to give up. Maybe add on a late rounder or an incentive if he finishes with so many TDs or if we win a SB 

Hard to argue this point. Although I think Harty is pretty much useless and Sherfield isn’t that good. Kincaid might be but it appears Dorsey has an issue with using TEs as weapons and not as blockers. 

Kinkaid in college had a depth of target as 14-15 yards, and now it’s 3-6.  The same for Knox in the past.  Harry, and Sherfield could all be used better.  I have not been on the bash Dorsey camp, but we need more from our OC.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

What about Tre, 2 firsts and a swap of a 2nd rounder for Surtain?

🫣

Is that the trade you just did in Madden?

Who the hell in their right mind is trading 2 firsts and a second for a CB?

Especially in a D that minimizes a players individual value in favor of team concepts.

You need a serious lesson on how to value positions in various schemes.

Edited by BillsUberAlles

12 hours ago, SCBills said:

Unless they’re giving Jeudy away for a 6th, I think it would be reckless to offer anything of substance for him right now.  

Beane needs to find out if a move needs to be made at LB and/or CB before the trade deadline.   I’d throw in DT, but I believe McDermott when he says Poona is a good player and it was just a numbers game with him being solely a 1T.  

A Jeudy trade, as opposed to a trade for a vet 1 year guy also makes thing kinda awkward with Davis.  

I had the same thought about Gabe Davis. Bringing in a player like Jeudy would be awkward to the point that Davis would  have to be shipped off as part of the trade or in a separate one.

Jeudy is on the last year of his rookie contract and his $13M, 5th year option  in 2024 has been picked up. Any trade would mean that Denver is just shipping off a disgruntled player before having to pay him that. So they wouldn’t be looking for much in trade. 

Even so I don’t see the point unless we have an injury at the position. I’d pass unless the coaches think that shaking things up by swapping out Davis for Jeudy is worth the risk. 

Edit: Upon reflection I think shaking things up is necessary and that the talent difference between Jeudy and Davis makes it worth the risk. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Is that the trade you just did in Madden?

Who the hell in their right mind is trading 2 firsts and a second for a CB?

Especially in a D that minimizes a players individual value in favor of team concepts.

You need a serious lesson on how to value positions in various schemes.

Jags traded Ramsey for 2 1sts and a 4th like 3 years ago bro.

Edited by FireChans

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.