1T needed

TD716

17 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

What happens if Poona goes down?? 

What happens if Allen goes down?  Or Diggs?  Or Torrence or Dawkins?  

Isn't Settle around?  He's getting paid enough with a $4M signing bonus recently and another roughly $2.5M for the season otherwise.  

And what about Jordan Phillips?  

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Coming from a fan of a team that’s been caught cheering at least 4 times under their amazing regime. 

got it. 

Ahh you’re  one of those kind of fans. I state something some people on here consider important and you come back with a knee jerk reaction comment. Oh FYI it was 2 times for Cheating and if you really meant cheering we cheer all the time up here for our team I thought Buffalo did the same. Lol

• Vomit 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

We lost him week of the Bengals game. 

We had no other 1T’s to fill in.  We were a mentally depleted team.  No Von, no Hyde, Poyer shouldn’t have played, Tre was a shell of himself… hard to extrapolate that game to this season. 

Other events contributed to that loss, too.  

19 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Isn't Settle around?  He's getting paid enough with a $4M signing bonus recently and another roughly $2.5M for the season otherwise.  

Settle is a totally unimpressive physical specimen.  Phillips is a 3T.  No anchor. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Settle is a totally unimpressive physical specimen.  Phillips is a 3T.  No anchor. 

Yeah, well tough to disagree re: Settle.  LOL  

He's getting paid an awful lot for that status.  

Questionable contract there.  

24 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Phillips isn't a 1T DT. I agree with you about Allen, Diggs. I'm on the add another offensive playmaker train. 

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Yeah, well tough to disagree re: Settle.  LOL  

He's getting paid an awful lot for that status.  

Questionable contract there.  

Let's count the questionable contracts!! Knox, Harty, Morse... 

10 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Let's count the questionable contracts!! Knox, Harty, Morse... 

Gilliam for $2.4M this season and 12% O snaps, and Matakevich about the same money and 0% D snaps.  Both STs players but not excelling there.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ahh you’re  one of those kind of fans. I state something some people on here consider important and you come back with a knee jerk reaction comment. Oh FYI it was 2 times for Cheating and if you really meant cheering we cheer all the time up here for our team I thought Buffalo did the same. Lol

Just twice huh. Got it 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/patriots-spygate-deflategate-bill-belichick-timeline/ovkdjh8ny5qb1fnns9grat5mk

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TD716 said:

We have needed a good backup 1T space eating run stopper since the playoff loss to Cincinnati last year. Loss of Milano hurts but losing Daquan Jones hurts more. Putting a 3T in to play 1T isn’t going to get us far into the playoffs. 

What a shame the Bills signed 1TDTs Tim Settle and Poona Ford this off season.    I guess that might keep them from putting in a 3T to play 1T.

(Ed Oliver is also capable of playing 1TDT, it's just a waste of some of the good things he can do.  Jordan Phillips, Not So Much.)

37 minutes ago, TD716 said:

3T

Incorrect. 

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/6/17/23764366/former-seahawks-dt-poona-ford-reveals-why-signed-buffalo-bills-nfl-news

Well I guess Pete’s technically correct since he’ll be back in a 4-3 scheme in Buffalo, presumably as 1-tech.

“I’m picking it up pretty good,” Ford said about the Bills defensive playbook. “I know I’m going to have an opportunity to play all three downs. That excites me, especially the chance to get some third-down reps.”

Edited by Beck Water

I think the Bills roll with Poona Ford and bring on a 1T DT to the PS and get them situated as a depth 1T DT. If Ford gets hurt or underperforms then I think the trade market will be used to address the 1T position. LB and CB could also be addressed via trade if a starter or depth is needed there. But I think for now the Bills are going to take these next three games to see where they need to go via trade as it is possible backups can and will step into roles effectively and trade assets can be used elsewhere on the roster. 

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

Omg! Really did you read that trash! The tuck rule was called correctly! I thought only raiders fans were dumb to hold onto that. Then the (laughing) injury report thing was bogus.. almost all of them were tinfoil hat worthy.. but lmao you kinda made my point.. WHEN YOU WIN THE MICROSCOPE GETS BIGGER!  The Bills are winning and a player like Su does something dumb they say things like “typical Buffalo player” why? Because you’re good and they are jealous.. when ya stink no one cares!! 

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Omg! Really did you read that trash! The tuck rule was called correctly! I thought only raiders fans were dumb to hold onto that. Then the (laughing) injury report thing was bogus.. almost all of them were tinfoil hat worthy.. but lmao you kinda made my point.. WHEN YOU WIN THE MICROSCOPE GETS BIGGER!  The Bills are winning and a player like Su does something dumb they say things like “typical Buffalo player” why? Because you’re good and they are jealous.. when ya stink no one cares!! 

Deflategate

spygate

the other info with the Bengals sideline. I’m not a die hard Pats bandwagon jumper like almost all Pats fans are. So I’m not 100% but thought they’ve been docked draft picks and fined for at least 3 of those things. 

the fact remains however, multiple times they have been looked at for cheating or being unsportsmanlike in their reign. 

and just like any typical Pats fan, I knew you would find ways to argue it. Enjoy being the worst team in the division. Youve earned a lifetime of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, TD716 said:

We have needed a good backup 1T space eating run stopper since the playoff loss to Cincinnati last year. Loss of Milano hurts but losing Daquan Jones hurts more. Putting a 3T in to play 1T isn’t going to get us far into the playoffs. 

It's what we brought in Poona for. 

Most were happy here to get him. He's played very well for a long time. We'll see how he does.

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

When the Bills let Phillips leave in FA and released Star Lotulelei, it was pretty obvious that they wanted to re-work the 1T DT position.

I don't think going back is the answer.

IMO, not obvious at all.

Maybe they wanted to re-work the position.

Or maybe they didn't think Lotulelei was playing well anymore but would have happily kept Phillips up to a certain price and Phillips got more on the open market. But with his bonus paid by another team he's now below that price. 

IMO they're not going to get him back but they like him. Hard to say for sure, though.

8 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Some of those would be easier to replace than others

If we lost a Josh Allen, the season would be over

Then Denmark has been a plus whenever he has been in place of Dawkins I think we could survive there

Ryan Bates is there in case Torrance is not, we would survive there

Diggs would be hard to replace that player is not on the team they would be forced to have to use Dalton Kincaid more that’s the reason why Kincaid is not getting the amount of reps essay Sam LaPorta, because there are other options to go with the football

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Some of those would be easier to replace than others

If we lost a Josh Allen, the season would be over

Then Denmark has been a plus whenever he has been in place of Dawkins I think we could survive there

Ryan Bates is there in case Torrance is not, we would survive there

Diggs would be hard to replace that player is not on the team they would be forced to have to use Dalton Kincaid more that’s the reason why Kincaid is not getting the amount of reps essay Sam LaPorta, because there are other options to go with the football

The point was that your slant was purely hypothetical.  You said in relation to Ford stepping in for Jones, what if Ford goes down.  

I suppose we deal with the injuries if and when they come.  

There's no sense in attempting to cover every possible permutation that could result from injuries.  

And OK, we had a couple of key injuries on Sunday, why should we expect that to repeat itself, and if it does, then perhaps we need to start looking at our training regimen, coaching for how prepared our team is, etc.  

Milano was a huge loss, and one that I sternly warned about should we not start getting some capable LBs that could defend the run, where we currently rank near DFL.  

Jones not so much, his loss people are overreacting to.  The odds of him playing in the next 12 games like he has to date were remote anyway.  

We'll see what happens, but Gunner and I have been having a go round in discussing and hoping that both Oliver and Rousseau bloom into elite players.  If that happens we'll be more than fine.  

Our pass D will be OK either way.  Milano was a good pass defender, but so are Williams and Bernard.  

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

The point was that your slant was purely hypothetical.  You said in relation to Ford stepping in for Jones, what if Ford goes down.  

I suppose we deal with the injuries if and when they come.  

There's no sense in attempting to cover every possible permutation that could result from injuries.  

And OK, we had a couple of key injuries on Sunday, why should we expect that to repeat itself, and if it does, then perhaps we need to start looking at our training regimen, coaching for how prepared our team is, etc.  

Milano was a huge loss, and one that I sternly warned about should we not start getting some capable LBs that could defend the run, where we currently rank near DFL.  

Jones not so much, his loss people are overreacting to.  The odds of him playing in the next 12 games like he has to date were remote anyway.  

We'll see what happens, but Gunner and I have been having a go round in discussing and hoping that both Oliver and Rousseau bloom into elite players.  If that happens we'll be more than fine.  

Our pass D will be OK either way.  Milano was a good pass defender, but so are Williams and Bernard.  

Well, it’s hard to hypothesize on injuries that haven’t happened yet

We’ve already been hit pretty hard losing all pros is not going to be easy to fix the only good news on this is the bills recent drafting have at least put a player in the bullpen

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 9:35 AM, TD716 said:

Well Joseph fits that bill so Beane must have been thinking along the same lines ...

• Like (+1) 1

I never thought I'd be this excited over a street FA, but it's exactly what we needed. 

On 10/10/2023 at 10:35 AM, TD716 said:

Good call!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.