So we’re rooting for the Jets, right? Potential Broncos fire sale?

dave mcbride

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That and the Jets gotta' win the gimmee games so that they don't draft high enough to get one of the top QB prospects in the draft.

Ha! Ya know, I’ve been watching Zach Wilson the last couple-few weeks and I’m getting serious Geno Smith vibes. Geno ALWAYS looked like a great thrower with bounce in his step, but he just couldn’t handle NFL defensive schemes … until he could (albeit much later in his career). Zach Wilson clearly has a very good arm and good mobility, but he just can’t see the field. But he’s beginning to. Early days, I know, but he has genuine physical talent. Not saying he’s going to be good, but he could eventually be. Not this year, though.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That and the Jets gotta' win the gimmee games so that they don't draft high enough to get one of the top QB prospects in the draft.

Ha, they've been worse at drafting QBs than the Bills have. Not worried about them picking the right guy.

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Ha! Ya know, I’ve been watching Zach Wilson the last couple-few weeks and I’m getting serious Geno Smith vibes. Geno ALWAYS looked like a great thrower with bounce in his step, but he just couldn’t handle NFL defensive schemes … until he could (albeit much later in his career). Zach Wilson clearly has a very good arm and good mobility, but he just can’t see the field. But he’s beginning to. Early days, I know, but he has genuine physical talent. Not saying he’s going to be good, but he could eventually be. Not this year, though.

Agree. He’s been looking better and better. He has lots of talent, hopefully he gets it together for Arizona next year 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Broncos absolutely have some pieces on that defense. I hope our plan isn’t next man up across the board. We lost All pros. The guys on the PS are not the same. Please trade for a guy like Surtain. Our draft picks are much less valuable to us then to other teams. Most of them can’t even see the field. Go all in here while we still have s young Josh Allen. Win 1 superbowl then Deal with the fallout afterwards 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Ha, they've been worse at drafting QBs than the Bills have. Not worried about them picking the right guy.

If they get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye they aren't just going to be bad because they are Jets.    Franchise QB's change franchises.   See the Bengals among many examples.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Who are we trading for?   Another press man corner when we play zone?   Courtland "worse than Gabe Davis at catching" Sutton, Jerry "Never Done a Thing in the League" Jeudy?   Justin Simmons is really the only guy who stands out for me and he sucks this year too.   Maybe if we can get Marvin Mims for a day 3 pick?  I dont know, no one really stands out to me.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

True, but the NFL dumpster is overflowing with QB's just like that. Gifted athletes with physical talent who never master the mental aspects of the game and flame out.

The Broncos (1-3) have fielded inquiries over the past two seasons about Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton, and Denver's young wide receivers are expected to garner more attention in the coming weeks.

Denver's struggling defense enters Sunday ranked last in the NFL in both points and yards allowed per game, and many sources around the league believe the Broncos would be willing to listen to trade interest in almost any player on the defensive side.

I won't really believe the Broncos would trade Surtain until they do it, but I would easily give up our 1st if they were willing.

More realistically I think Jeudy is an obvious move. Through 4 games he is catching 70.8% of his targets. Unlike Davis he can run every route. He isn't a superstar but he would be an upgrade for sure. What would they want for him? A 2nd?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I won't really believe the Broncos would trade Surtain until they do it, but I would easily give up our 1st if they were willing.

More realistically I think Jeudy is an obvious move. Through 4 games he is catching 70.8% of his targets. Unlike Davis he can run every route. He isn't a superstar but he would be an upgrade for sure. What would they want for him? A 2nd?

In a perfect world, getting another weapon would be right. But you really think anyone coming in would actually see usage? Seems our offense is wayyyyyyy too complex for that. Hines, Kincaid, Harty, Sherfield...all targets that came in new and can't seem to be trusted to see much in the way of targets or playtime over the past 2 years. 

Dorsey doesn't know how to use the players he has. Jeudy would be "learning the playbook" until next year.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Just askin’.

I know they are division rivals...but I actually pulled for the Jets here. Don't like Payton and while what he said about Hackett may be true (and I don't even like Hackett) I wanted to see Payton put in his place. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Hines, Kincaid, Harty, Sherfield...all targets that came in new and can't seem to be trusted to see much in the way of targets or playtime over the past 2 years. 

Those are all marginal players with situational skill sets. Jeudy is a legit top 2 WR that can run all the routes. Not only does he immediately slot in as our primary WR2, but everyone else gets bumped down the depth chart - which helps a limited player like Davis look better in a reduced role facing lesser DBs.

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Didn't they release Gregory?

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Those are all marginal players with situational skill sets. Jeudy is a legit top 2 WR that can run all the routes. Not only does he immediately slot in as our primary WR2, but everyone else gets bumped down the depth chart - which helps a limited player like Davis look better in a reduced role facing lesser DBs.

I get the "bump down" and like I said...I get the theory of #2 WR being a need. I just lack confidence that Dorsey knows how to utilize what he's got. He doesn't have a history of scheming guys to success. 

I actually was rooting for the Jets mainly because of Paytons uncalled for comments back in July about Hackett.  This was kind of a revenge game for him and couldn't happen to a nicer guy in Payton.

Did think it was funny at the end when Wilson fumbled the last time, as he walked off the field Payton said something to him and Wilson just walked by and ignored him.  Not sure which of the two I like less though Wilson or Payton, tough call there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.